Relationship breakdown during application???

Pozz

Hi guys

Im in the early stages of applying for my 457. My employer has nominated me and my defacto partner and step daughter.

If the relationship ended during the application process how would it affect things?

I intend to go, but how would I inform the diac and employer?

Cheers

Hi guys

Im in the early stages of applying for my 457. My employer has nominated me and my defacto partner and step daughter.

If the relationship ended during the application process how would it affect things?

I intend to go, but how would I inform the diac and employer?

Cheers

If the relationship broke down either during the application process or afterwards, then the secondary applicants would have to come off the application or if already there, obtain another visa or leave Australia. I guess you would tell them by email, telephone, any of the normal communication channels ... :wink:

Will it affect my application in anyway?

I dont know what is going to happen, but the realisation of moving has kicked in and every family member or friend has an opinion now its actually happening and saying its the wrong thing to do....

If im going on my own then so be it, I just need to know it wont have a detrimental affect on the application.

Will it affect my application in anyway?

I dont know what is going to happen, but the realisation of moving has kicked in and every family member or friend has an opinion now its actually happening and saying its the wrong thing to do....

If im going on my own then so be it, I just need to know it wont have a detrimental affect on the application.

No why would it? :huh: DIAC don't "punish" people for suffering a relationship breakdown.

To be controversial, if a temporary visa is more important to you than your relationship, then perhaps this is not the relationship for you anyway.

That is a fair point, but its taken a long hard struggle to get here and just knowing the facts reassures me.

Im not changing a dream because a few relatives have their heads stuck up their a***.

Hey Pozz

I can't tell you anything of use about how things work with DIAC but i would hope as Pumpkin said they would show compassion in a hard time.

I just wanted to say if it is not enough stress already trying to get a visa and a change of life style sorted out, Add to that the strain of a relationship breakdown, Well, you are in my thoughts and I sincerely hope everything works out for you in the end mate.

All The Best

Kev

If your the primary applicant then your visa would not be at risk as the others have said. im sure your not on your own in this circumstance

What i will say. This move is BIG, it makes everyday life in limbo from the point of application and well into arrival over here, and often relationships suffer as a result. If you can get through this then your gonna be able to get through anything. Allow people to have their doubts, but dont let it distroy your dream for you and your family. After being out here for nearly a year, i have some friends and family slag me for coming out and abandoning my parents - they are entitled to their opionions, but my life is my own and i do whats best for my hubby and son.

And as far as relationships - it can be hard, you just have to patient with each other to go through the grieving process of leaving blighty and everything comfortable and the 'stress' of getting used to a new place.

Good luck

Kelly

Hello Pozz

My move is waiting on State sponsorship from Vic then can bang in an application. Where are you heading? I think Kelly in the above post has hit plenty of nails on the head as far as family and outside pressures are concerned and the fact we must all put our own feelings above all else and do what we feel is right for us.

Its not being selfish, far from it, my view is that when poeple make it hard for you to make these choices and seem to try to stand in your way it is them being selfish, like ( dont go do what you want with YOUR LIFE as we dont want you to ) Most of the time from family it is a genuine feeling of going to miss you, same from some friends, while other friends are just jelous and all of a sudden oz is the worse place on the planet to them.

All just other obsticals to be passed over in the long run.

Family and friends can visit, the rest can take a running jump,

And damn i do rattle on some times, sorry

Kev

Archived