Does The 12 Months Working Holiday Visa, Count towards moving?

Guest Muko497

Guest Muko497

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message, to ask if someone could tell me if the 12 month working holiday visas counts towards anything regarding Migration. As me and the missis have had a 12 months working holiday visa, and are granted another. So when the time comes for me and the missis to move would any of that information i.e 2 years living & working in australia count towards anything @ all??

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message, to ask if someone could tell me if the 12 month working holiday visas counts towards anything regarding Migration. As me and the missis have had a 12 months working holiday visa, and are granted another. So when the time comes for me and the missis to move would any of that information i.e 2 years living & working in australia count towards anything @ all??

Not that i'm aware of. Has no impact at all. Only benefit is that while you are there you might be able to find an employer to sponsor you, but not a too common occurrence.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure it counts! My friend just got her permanent visa and she has only been here on holidays before and all of that time counts towards her time to apply for citizenship. It can only look good that you have lived and worked here for 2 years. Good luck!

Hi Guys,

It will count towards time in Australia if you later obtain Permanent Residency and want to apply for Citizenship.

Guest jenny79

it counts for citizenship, as do any "(lawful) holidays spent in australia (if holidays in Australia took place during the mentioned period as stipulated by citizenship requirements).

• 1 year later...
Pretty sure it counts! My friend just got her permanent visa and she has only been here on holidays before and all of that time counts towards her time to apply for citizenship. It can only look good that you have lived and worked here for 2 years. Good luck!

Uuuuh what?

Uuuuh what?

This is an old thread - the answers are stating time spent in Australia can be used towards lawful time in Australia for Citizenship

Australian Citizenship Act 2007 Residence Requirements

To satisfy the residence requirements you must have:

• 4 years lawful residence in Australia. This period must include 12 months as a permanent resident immediately before making an application for Australian citizenship

• and

• absences from Australia of no more than 12 months in total in the 4 years prior to application, including not more than 90 days in the 12 months immediately prior to application.

Lawful residence means residence in Australia on a temporary or permanent visa.

Guest Guest31881

As lebourvellec says, This is an old thread, to avoid any confusion with out of date answers I have closed the thread, please feel free to start a new thread to get any questions you have answered.

Archived