rubbish shipping

notaclue

Guest geordielassinspain

Hi I'm hoping to move in sept and would really appreciate knowing what shipping companies to avoid so could you pm me too. PS hope you get your things soon!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am seriously at a loss at what to do next. I cant believe that noone else has had the same experience from the shipping company. Is this normal. Our stuff left the UK first week of march - coming upto august, it still hasnst arrived at my house. It actually has been in sydney for about 12 weeks - and we do not have a clue why?? This is certainly not for lack of trying to find out. I have rung every day since it arrived in the country to find out why - and I have had different answers, to just plain lying from the same 3 people at the shipping company. I was told 3 weeks ago that it has cleared quarantine, and will take 48 hrs for the paperwork to be done, it will then be delivered. Well, 3 weeks later and a call every day to them, has resulted that my stuff hasnt even been inspected yet.

Please send me a message if you would like the name of the company, so you can avoid them totally. It is not so much the fact that it has taken so long - more the fact that they cant be honest and truthful, and have just played the game of passing the buck. My OH has said that he will be visiting them tomorrow to rip their heads off and stuff them down their necks.

:arghh: rant over

Hi,

Please could you PM me as have got three shippers coming round end of week to estimate and we need to leave in the next two months.

Thanks

Emma

Hi, sorry to hear of all your frustrations. Pls may I be PM'ed aswell. I am about to ship my tools over and cant afford to be stuck in your situation as I wont be able to be employed.

Thanks for the heads up !!:wink:

Guest Egans

PM me please, quotes due in next few days, a mate of mine who deals on e bay ships a lot of containers from China, he says costs have gone through roof as companies dry docked ships last year during the recession, his costs have gone up from £2500 to £4000 to ship and they are taking a long time, he lost a fortune with a container load of England flags and we were out of the world cup before he recieved them, seams companies are going for cheapest quotes but long duration.

If you're container has arrived - isn't it the port authority that is causing the delay and not the shipping company, who can only deliver your containter to you once it is cleared by customs?

Hi sorry to hear of all the hassle you are experiencing. I am looking at getting quotes this week so would be very interested to know of any shipping companies that, lets say, would not be suitable.

Can you please pm me the name?

Thanks,

Please can you include me also??!! Just had visa through this morning and need to book shipping asap! Thanks

Save every one asking for the name of the company click on 'notaclue' name and then click on more posts by.

The company is named in the other shipping thread page 4.

Would not paying the asked for increase in shipping costs in that thread have anything to do with the delay?

Guest beckydrinky81

Could you please PM me with the company as in the process of getting quotes

Thanks

Becky

Be interested in knowing who to avoid too. Just putting together a list at the moment and deciding what to take before we start getting some quotes.

I am not to sure if some of you are asking me about the shipping company I used. I did reply to a few of you who messaged me regarding my crap service.

In a nut shell what happened me happens all the time from what I gather!!

If you are sending a few boxes of your personal items or anything short of your own container the way most shipping companies work is they wait until a container is full before shipping it. They will tell you in extreme cases it will take 3 months. Mine took well over that. A tad bit annoyed.. I was told that my shipment was leaving 2 weeks from the date I left the UK..

Ya right 35 days later still in a warehouse in London.. I was so annoyed they had lied to me and there was nothing I could do. Now here is the catch the agent who I was dealing with at the UK was such a nice guy and I would give 10 of of 10 for customer service, I really felt like I was getting a good service. Its such a stress full time moving to the other side of the world and having a good shipping agent was such a benefit. If my items had arrived on time I would be giving 'the company' in question a 5 stars.

A few tips for those who are getting ready to ship stuff to OZ..

My first question would be: Can you give me a definite date that my shipment is due to leave. I would be asking them to promise me or put it in writing that it would be leaving around the date you told me. If you do your homework allot of people have being stung by shipping companies this way.

If you buying anything which is less than 12 months old be aware you may get charged duty. If its spanking brand new.. make it look used.

Asking you shipping agent does the final fee include customs Clarence fee. I was told by my shipping agent that you may or may not get charged for this. Its a compulsory fee you must pay.

If your moving over here for a few years or so. Bring as much as you can when you first arrive in Australia you will think its very expensive here and it is but as

soon as start to make the Ozzy dollar you wont even think about exchange rates etc. I was comparing everything to UK prices. You will get over this.

Myself and the missus went a little over board with bring over clothes. We ended up giving the charity shops a few bags of our clothes that we shipped over.

Find out which company will be dealing with your goods when you arrive here in OZ. Check out there rep. I have been dealing with Gxxxx removals and the lady I been dealing with has not got a clue. I had to deal with her blowing her noise down the phone lots of Ahhh and ya maybe I will have to get back to you on that very annoying.

If your getting insurance shop around and If I was get insurance again I would get it on itemized items instead of overall insurance.I am only saying this as I had a few things go missing (very random items)

Please note !!! Overall in most cases you will get plan sailing and you will be happy with the service you get. Sometimes things happen beyond our control but in my case I really feel I have been let down by my shipping agent.

Guest truffy

Please could you pm me with the shipping co's as I have 2 quotes and one more on the way - better to be safe than sorry! Thank you! :biggrin:

Guest Batfinktasha

Hello hello, we are currently looking for shippers and heading out very soon, I would really appreciate a PM if you could spare the time.... massive thank you in advance.

Guest sarah77

HI there,

Please could you PM please also when you get a chance. We're just about to start looking in to shipping and it would be great to get some advice.

Also great to hear any good positive stories and reccos.

Thank you very much!

Guest michaelcycle

Hi Notaclue...

I am in the same boat :unsure: as you guys and am trying to find shipping agents at the moment for a move to Sydney. I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me too.

Many thanks and good luck!

Guest johnmoxon

Hi, could you please PM me too. We are in the process of looking for quotes and would like to avoid any companties like this. Thanks x

Guest roh008

Hi All,

I too would appreciate a PM regarding the firm involved. Am a bit nervous having read other posts around shipping times! Or rather the date that it actually leaves the UK.

However, a quick note to moderators, with so many people asking, does it not defeat the purpose of "forum discussions?"

If the company in question is good then I would have assumed if the name was mentioned there would be numerous reports supporting "good" experience with that specific firm. Therefore balancing up the views.

The poor old OP has to now PM everyone the name of this firm in question. (Thank you in anticipation of doing this)

Just my view

Roh

The OP also posted 'tell you what - we used !"£$%^& - who are actually based in Yorkshire, however, say they are a national company who do international removals. We paid, 2 weeks ago, but before they let us know of the hike, £4900 for a 40ft container. It was put up by 1K - which we are not paying since they didnt let us know, and they have taken the money. But, they have actually said - about 10 mins ago - they will negotiate it to a £400 hike. Not paying that either, but the quote does seem very good in any case'

and then posted

'the reason that it is so expensive is because - I have just had this indepth fracas with our removals - is that all shipping companies put their prices up on 1 march every year. Normally this is just a nominal amount to tie in with inflation etc. However, because of the current climate - most shippers have raised prices by an average of 15 - 20%. I have actually looked more into this, and it is true. We are in a position that our furniture has actually left - the quote given last month. Our removal company have come back to us and basically said - the shippers will not release the furniture in oz unless we pay another 1K. I pointed out that we had a contractual agreement, they have taken the money, the furniture has left the house, albeit, not the country yet, we have employed them to do the job from start to finish, they employed the shipping company, not us - so, legally, they are obliged to do the job. There is nothing in the small print to suggest that prices may change. If anyone else is in this position - stick to your guns.

Hope it explains the hike x '

Could that explain the delay?

Archived