rubbish shipping

notaclue

I am seriously at a loss at what to do next. I cant believe that noone else has had the same experience from the shipping company. Is this normal. Our stuff left the UK first week of march - coming upto august, it still hasnst arrived at my house. It actually has been in sydney for about 12 weeks - and we do not have a clue why?? This is certainly not for lack of trying to find out. I have rung every day since it arrived in the country to find out why - and I have had different answers, to just plain lying from the same 3 people at the shipping company. I was told 3 weeks ago that it has cleared quarantine, and will take 48 hrs for the paperwork to be done, it will then be delivered. Well, 3 weeks later and a call every day to them, has resulted that my stuff hasnt even been inspected yet.

Please send me a message if you would like the name of the company, so you can avoid them totally. It is not so much the fact that it has taken so long - more the fact that they cant be honest and truthful, and have just played the game of passing the buck. My OH has said that he will be visiting them tomorrow to rip their heads off and stuff them down their necks.

:arghh: rant over

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pm me please! waiting on our stuff, its due to arrive at port this thursday, (15th July) we had it collected from our house on April 4th, got told that they have ships going every 2-3 weeks and ours would be on the next one, it didnt leave UK until 8th June! 2 months later!!!! i really hope it doesnt sit at port, we having it to brisbane as we are on the gold coast, but after my wedding (next month) we have decided to move to Canberra and my OH has to start his new job 6th sept so it better not be sat in bris!!!!

Guest Michael Rimmer

Please could you PM me as we are moving to Brisbane at the end of August and are just about to book the shippers in!

Just as a little update since my rant this afternoon. They promised faithfully that they would contact me before the end of the day - have they - have they bugger.

Another little nugget to add - they actually said there are people waiting who are weeks before me! To top it off - my oh has actually said that he may not be able to rip their heads off to easily, and may be busy instead. Guess Ill have to do it myself!!

Guest prettyinpink

If you know which Shipping Line they sent the goods on, you can use the Line's website to track the container. All you need is the container number which should be on the Bill of Lading - hopefully they gave you a copy with all the shipping documentation.

Sailing time from UK to AUS is approx a month, and it usually take between 1-3 days to have the container unloaded from vessel. Quarantine will always want to inspect a personal effects container when it arrives into Port, that should only take a week, and you should have been notified if any goods need treating (i.e. fumigation etc). I work with imported goods daily, if you want me to assist with getting some answers, pm me and I'll be happy to help.

Oh yah.. I am not the only one.. I left Middle of March.. Told my stuff was leaving 2 weeks later... !!!! Biggest lie ever.. 40 days later it left London.

I was so angry. I got my stuff 1 weeks ago and there was loads of random stuff missing like drill bits.

I being dealing with a rude lady at this end here in Sydney.

Overall rubbish experience. I can name the company for legal reason but pm me if you want to know.

Guest brummie39

I'd like a p.m please, as i have to qoutes due this week...

would like to rule out some...

Hope you get situation sorted soon...

Guest Batfinktasha

Hi please PM me too, we are in the process of getting qoutes so would be good to exclude any and go on recommendations thanks in advance. tx:embarrassed::chatterbox:

Guest karl n

I know you've probably been PM-ing everyone today but could you also PM me aswell please, cheers, hope everything gets sorted out for you soon.

Karl.

Guest BrisbaneBound

Hi there. We are currently deciding which shipping company to go with and so I would love to know who the company is. Can you send through a message please? Thanks :-)

Guest suegozza

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you let me know the name of the company as we are just about to start getting qoutes

Thanks

Guest clazzaclan

Please please please pm me and asap as we need to arrange the company this week! Fly in 8 weeks to Brisbane Thankyou x

Guest dunkyboy

Hi

can you please PM me the name of the company as well ?

my stuff got packed up last Thursday, I just hope its not the same company you have been dealing with

Guest The Mandreks

Hi peeps

just another request to be pm'd with the names of the shipping companies not to use, we're travelling soon and I have a lot of tools to ship so would like to be enlightened.

Many thanks

Shane

ive pm'd loads - Ill do another pile tonight!!! Just as a mention - that we did actually use a well known removals - but then with the shipping cost going up astronomically early march - it would appear that they are shopping around for the shipping company they employ (this is the reason i was given, anyway). Ill just make it brief, and put the shipping company name on the pms, with this as the explanation.

Guest proud2beaussie

Guys and Gals,

Just wanted to thank everyone for being sensible on this thread,we all hope that companies deliver on what they promise and provide good service but sadly that doesn't happen in all cases,however we need to be careful when dealing with matters like this because naming any company could have adverse effects on the owner of PIO,so thanks for sticking to the rules,it is appreciated,we don't want to stifle any discussion but we need to be careful.

I'm sure the OP will PM you all when they can.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest AnnieMCD

Could you please PM me as well as just literally in the process on booking our shipping...Many thanks.

I really hope you sort your situation out soon.

Guest ur20v

Please can I have a PM. It would be very much appreciated as we are in the same boat of looking at which shipping company to use.

Thank you

Jay

Archived