rubbish shipping

notaclue

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am seriously at a loss at what to do next. I cant believe that noone else has had the same experience from the shipping company. Is this normal. Our stuff left the UK first week of march - coming upto august, it still hasnst arrived at my house. It actually has been in sydney for about 12 weeks - and we do not have a clue why?? This is certainly not for lack of trying to find out. I have rung every day since it arrived in the country to find out why - and I have had different answers, to just plain lying from the same 3 people at the shipping company. I was told 3 weeks ago that it has cleared quarantine, and will take 48 hrs for the paperwork to be done, it will then be delivered. Well, 3 weeks later and a call every day to them, has resulted that my stuff hasnt even been inspected yet.

Please send me a message if you would like the name of the company, so you can avoid them totally. It is not so much the fact that it has taken so long - more the fact that they cant be honest and truthful, and have just played the game of passing the buck. My OH has said that he will be visiting them tomorrow to rip their heads off and stuff them down their necks.

:arghh: rant over

can you please PM me, all very interesting. thanks

Guest Ozexperience

Hi , please PM me too. We are getting our quotes in a few days, but still deciding if we should really try to sell the stuff we can part , & try to buy house hold things from oz itself. After reading some of the view I am so confused..:confused:

Guest kevinboomer

hi guys, Don't get me started on shipping companies. The most unreliable crooked business in the world. Scumbags. Needless to say i had a bad experience. Think of the most famous cartoon family. And you get my drift.:wink::wink: I had my own building company in the UK and i'm no mug. These crooks have possession of your worldly goods and everytime they walk in the same room as your stuff they charge you. And you will pay cos they have everyything you own . " Extortion" i tell thee. I've never been treated so bad by any business in my life. Because your on the other side of the planet your history buddy. We've had your money and its gone so P%ss off and sue us if you can!! That was the attitude!! Arrogant Bas%t&rds. Still fuming now after six months!!! Please don't bring this up again cos i will not be responsible for my actions!!!! lol

I've been treated better by the Taxman beleive me !!!!

Calm Kev !!!! Calm !!!!!

Kev&Lisa

Guest The Pom Queen

It's so hard knowing who to choose, I think if you did a poll you will always find positive and negative experiences for each of the shipping companies.

They always say if we have a good experience with a company we don't say anything but if we have a negative one then we make sure all the world knows.

hi guys, Don't get me started on shipping companies. The most unreliable crooked business in the world. Scumbags. Needless to say i had a bad experience. Think of the most famous cartoon family. And you get my drift.:wink::wink: I had my own building company in the UK and i'm no mug. These crooks have possession of your worldly goods and everytime they walk in the same room as your stuff they charge you. And you will pay cos they have everyything you own . " Extortion" i tell thee. I've never been treated so bad by any business in my life. Because your on the other side of the planet your history buddy. We've had your money and its gone so P%ss off and sue us if you can!! That was the attitude!! Arrogant Bas%t&rds. Still fuming now after six months!!! Please don't bring this up again cos i will not be responsible for my actions!!!! lol

I've been treated better by the Taxman beleive me !!!!

Calm Kev !!!! Calm !!!!!

Kev&Lisa

Nightmare situation for you. However, you can't post something like this and not out the offenders!! Go on, get it off your chest a bit more.

Guest The Pom Queen
Nightmare situation for you. However, you can't post something like this and not out the offenders!! Go on, get it off your chest a bit more.

Unfortunately he can't as forum rules state no naming and shaming:wink:

Guest roh008
Unfortunately he can't as forum rules state no naming and shaming:wink:

I'm guessing they pay for advertising on here?

Otherwise it defeats the purpose of a "forum" lol:biglaugh:

Freedom of speech and all that haha.

If that person can PM me that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the extra inconvenience, that's the forum rules i guess.. looking after the interest of it's users:wacko:

Guest The Pom Queen

If that person can PM me that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the extra inconvenience, that's the forum rules i guess.. looking after the interest of it's users:wacko:

To be honest I have no idea who the company is but it is the same rule for all. You will find that admin has explained that Australian Law is different to UK law in that not only can the author be sued but so can the publisher, can't remember the exact wording of the law but I am sure one of the mods or admin may remind us.

It only takes one company to sue PIO for a name and shame thread and who is going to pick up the legal bills, yes PIO may win, but I doubt have the funds to fight a lengthy court battle. Personally I would prefer to find out myself via pm than lose the forum because of a legal claim filed against it.

To address your points, the shipping company concerned don't advertise on the forum, so that puts that one to bed straight away.

As you seem to be unaware of the situation in Australia -Australia doesn't offer the level of protection to publishers that some other countries offer. Regarding defamation in Australia,

"Defamation action may be brought, not only against the original publisher (writer/speaker), but also against anyone who takes part in the publication or re-publication of the material. Furthermore, re-publication by someone other than the original writer may result in an action against the original writer as well as the re-publisher.... Internet Content Hosts (ICH) may be sued in relation to information published by someone else, for example, published by a person who used an ISP's or ICH's system, web server, chat boards, etc, to make information available via the Internet."

Since the turn of the year, we've been contacted 5 times with threats of legal action, and whilst it may be that if such action were to get as far as court, the legal action would fail, unfortunately the forum can't afford to take that risk, unless of course you're prepared to cover all the forums legal costs & expenses.

So there's no confusion

Forum Rule 1:

1. PomsInoz.com is not the appropriate medium for personal or private vendettas. This forum should not be used to attempt to resolve personal problems or to 'name & shame' fellow members, migration agents, service providers or anyone else and posts that fall into this category may be deleted by moderators where it is considered necessary. Please email the company directly to attempt to resolve these issues in the first instance.

Rob

Archived