Do we need to wait until SS approved before applying for 176 Visa?

veronica

Hi, Just wondering if we have to wait until state sponsorship is approved before we apply for 176 visa , or can we apply for state sponsorship and make our visa application while waiting for State sponsorship? we are hoping to apply to Queensland but just waiting to see if Carpenter will be on the new SMP,Any dvice appreciated.

Thanks

Veronica:daydreaming:

Guest snowy10

You can apply for a 175 visa (providing you have 100 points the application will be held in the pool)) whilst waiting for the sponsorship to come through, then convert to a 176 when successful with state sponsorship.

The only down side to this is that you will have to pay your visa application fees when submitting the 175 visa and should you not achieve state sponsorship you will loose your money.

There are a couple of threads on here about this, it may be worth trawling through the migration issues section.

Good luck.

Guest bcfrug

To be honest i would have a good read of threads here before doing anything. Pmus i wouldnt do anything until after all these changes come into play.

Its a minefield at the min and i honestly wouldnt attemp to take it on on my own. Go get an AGENT now and dont attempt to do it alone. I mean it it will drain the life out of you.

I have read in other posts on here recently (sorry can't find the link) that the option to transfer from a 175 to 176 is no longer available to those who apply after 1st July. Maybe someone in the know can confirm this as I'm not 100% certain I'm correct, just what I think I've previously read, but there's been so much new information in the last week its mind boggling and I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

I have read in other posts on here recently (sorry can't find the link) that the option to transfer from a 175 to 176 is no longer available to those who apply after 1st July. Maybe someone in the know can confirm this as I'm not 100% certain I'm correct, just what I think I've previously read, but there's been so much new information in the last week its mind boggling and I don't know whether I'm coming or going.

Found it, It's here by George Lombard, although he doesn't state for definite, just that this is what it seems at first glance.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78424-thread-agents-only-re-new-gsm-changes-10.html

Third post down from the top

Guest ChiltzandTig

This issue seems key to me...whether we will still be able to apply for 175, then apply for SS, and on getting it switch to 176....this is what we were planning on doing to get ourselves at least in the queue (husband is rapidly approaching 45, so no time to piss about). Cant see anything on DIAC site advising whether you can, or cant....

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Where in the same situation at the moment.

We have a positive TRA assesment and now applying for a Northern Territory State Sponsorship. But we are thinking of applying for a 176 (SS) visa straight away, is it even possible to apply for a visa before having a SS?

With all the changes regarding SMP's, I'm thinking of putting of applying for a visa untill I have a SS...

What do guys think?

Cheers, Steven

Archived