State Migration Plans and State Sponsorship

Alan Collett

Guest rpkbuviki

Hi all

Have a good News to Share. I Spoke to WA Skiled migraton today Reg state sponsorship query and they said "SMP should be out in a couple of weeks may be by the end of this month" :yes:.

:daydreaming:Rpkbuviki

OZ Day Dreamer

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bcfrug
As was being discussed sometime back, those with ss would require a letter from each state for converting from ss to SMP, now my point is, those like us who got the skill assessed way back in 2008 (may 08 in our case), how will the state give a letter, our ACS assessment expired last year. If at all say the state sponsoring us, ACT for now, doesnt have the skill in their list but other state has, what do we do? no state would take a new application if the assessment has expired. and for that matter, how true is this conversion bit from ss to SMP?

QUOTE]

Is this actually possible to get a letter from WA to transfer me from SS to SMP.

I have already been granted SS only a few months ago so is this possible. Im pretty sure my occupation will be on the new SMP. Has anyone any ideas about this. :shocked:

Guest bcfrug
Detail WA Occupation list from where WA SMP will be drawn

You had me mislead there. I thought i was being told the actual SMP for WA was just released or something but its just what they will base it on.

Heart rate has just slowed again :wink:

It is what it says it is: Skilled Sponsored Migration list.

Maybe, I repeat, MAYBE, this will be the SMP, but it has not been approved yet by the Minister.

If you are so sure, why don´t you send them an email to confirm it? Or give them a call?

i am just telling you what they have told me through the email. I have big interest that this is the SMP, since my occupation is in it. But it´s not. It can be changed, maybe it won´t be approved, maybe the Minister doesn´t want these occupations on the list....we have to wait until it´s officially said that "this is the NSW SMP".

I thought it would be official if its on there official site as there migration list....

Ive never seen ministers approval on any state list previously....

It doesnt bother me so I wont be ringing them as when I went sydney it was not for me, each to there own though. im waiting for wa & queensland finalised lists.

good luck caz

JRC,

this is their migration list, it´s official...

But to be considered as a State Migration Plan, it has to be approved by the Minister...And no State has had it´s SMP approved yet...Everybody is waiting anxiously for it!

We think WA will be the first to be approved, but who knows? It´s only speculation....

Good luck to you too with your sponsorship. Let´s hope that we have good news in August, or September max!

From what I understand, your commitment to live in that state has to be at the time of application. If you situation changes when you get your visa you need to notify them. I do not know if the same will apply for SMP's?

Guest Gollywobbler
It is what it says it is: Skilled Sponsored Migration list.

Maybe, I repeat, MAYBE, this will be the SMP, but it has not been approved yet by the Minister.

If you are so sure, why don´t you send them an email to confirm it? Or give them a call?

i am just telling you what they have told me through the email. I have big interest that this is the SMP, since my occupation is in it. But it´s not. It can be changed, maybe it won´t be approved, maybe the Minister doesn´t want these occupations on the list....we have to wait until it´s officially said that "this is the NSW SMP".

Hi Caz

You are absolutely correct. The new lists were put on to the NSW by mistake one day and they are definitely NOT the new SMP.

Melbournegirlinny (her user name) is an Aussie called Sandra Maxfield in real life. She is an Australian by birth, an Australian solicitor of many years standing and she is also a Registered Migration Agent as well.

Sandra phoned the lady in NSW and discovered that the NSW IT people had made a mistake. Please see her post about it, here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/89119-nsw-state-migration-plan-3.html

Cheers

Gill

Guest jains005
I am I correct in saying that NT will issue state sponsorship for occupations on the new SOL.

hi paddygunner, i didnt get you...

Archived