Removal van comes tomorrow - emotions all over the place help!!

stevopaul1

We leave for Sydney on a 457 on Monday. We are leaving everyone and everything we know behind. Excitement soon turns to stress and low mood.. We are all dreading the family "goodbyes" on Sunday. Any survival tips? Cheers Paul, Sally, Samuel and Rosanna

Good luck, I'm sure lots would kill to be in your shoes until this day comes....

I guess the simple answer is try and enjoy your last days in the UK the next month will fly by with loads of emotions, ups and downs. I guess the joys of starting a new life. Just remember your PIO family are always around for any advice, tips or just to have a whinge too :hug:

Guest brownfamily

Hi Guys,

I know exactly how you feel and it is all perfectly normal so please don't worry. The things that helped us were:

1. We didn't want anyone coming to the airport to see us off, especially with the kids. If we had family there watching us getting on the plane that would have been soooo difficult.

2. Although it is a very emotional time try to stay as strong as you can, as kids tend to pick up on how ur feeling and it could make them worse if u r a bit of a wreck!

3. Just keep thinking of ur goal (Australia) and trying to be positive, think of all the great things u will be doing.

4. No matter how you dress it up you are going to get upset, but have a chat about it with your OH/kids, it's ok to be upset.

We left over three years ago now, never hacing been before, not knowing anyone, but it all worked out!!

Think thats about it, but please don't feel you are on your own or the first people to ever do it, and once you are on that plane then a whole new life awaits.....and if the worst comes to the worst...you can always go back.

Good luck and I wish you guys all the best as I know how hard it is.

Guest lalalaliza

Snap we have the movers coming tomorrow to! I am starting to panic now. How do you feel?? We are going to Perth

Thank all, really helpful to know its not just us. I guess we have have had a heavy week, I got a tummy bug in the weekend, then my daughter then my wife! Then family have been calling in and shedding a tear etc.. its hard but I've done it before (South Africa 11yrs old to 24 years). My kids seem fine although I've noticed them noticing us blowing up at the silliest things! We have a leaving do at the local pub on Saturday and breakfast with everyone to say cheerio. Once thats over, I'll be looking forward to the flight and our new life. We have friends to stay with for the first 3 weeks so that should help.

Guest colman

hey there,

In the very same boat... but being a girl have quickly googled the best waterproof mascara, anti redness stay on forever foundation!! to reduce the blotched mess i become when i start blubbing!!

We are heading to melbourne in august ...cant wait really excited but the heartache is so sore.. it helps when i realise that my 3 yr old dds only concern is 'will the plane be pink mommy'!

The going away partys start on sunday.. bbq at my parents... where i have a date with a nice chilled bottle of proseco to ease away all the butterflies

thanks pio for all the great advice so far.. chat soon xx

Sally anne colman lucy and emma

Good luck to you all in the coming weeks/months - moving to Oz is a big move and an emotional rollercoaster! We moved to Melbourne nearly 6 months ago and love it, although have had a few wobbly days when the emotions wash over like a tide and I have cried at anything and everything! They don't last long and I just pick myself up and get on with it the next day, moving here has been the best thing we could have done but leaving behind loved ones makes it hard to deal with at times. The one thing I keep asking myself is 'If someone offered me a one way ticket to the UK would I take it?' - the resounding answer is Noooooo!!!

Good luck and take care of yourselves - the journey is hard but when you are sitting on the beautiful beach and the sun is shining (be prepared to wait a month or two if you are coming to Melbourne though!) you will need to pinch yourself that this is home!!

Karen x

Good luck to you all in the coming weeks/months - moving to Oz is a big move and an emotional rollercoaster! We moved to Melbourne nearly 6 months ago and love it, although have had a few wobbly days when the emotions wash over like a tide and I have cried at anything and everything! They don't last long and I just pick myself up and get on with it the next day, moving here has been the best thing we could have done but leaving behind loved ones makes it hard to deal with at times. The one thing I keep asking myself is 'If someone offered me a one way ticket to the UK would I take it?' - the resounding answer is Noooooo!!!

Good luck and take care of yourselves - the journey is hard but when you are sitting on the beautiful beach and the sun is shining (be prepared to wait a month or two if you are coming to Melbourne though!) you will need to pinch yourself that this is home!!

Karen x

fantastic post xxx

Guest nicandbren
We leave for Sydney on a 457 on Monday. We are leaving everyone and everything we know behind. Excitement soon turns to stress and low mood.. We are all dreading the family "goodbyes" on Sunday. Any survival tips? Cheers Paul, Sally, Samuel and Rosanna

We're doing the very same on Wednesday - Sydney on a 457 (Wife sponsored). Had lots of goodbyes already and more at the weekend. We're not having anyone see us off at the Airport though - way too hard. Lots of worries at the mo - will the kids settle, will I get a job, will OH like her job, can I cope with being a "Mannie" (as one of my friends called it !!) to the children in the immediate term....BUT the best advice I've had is to stay positive and remember why you wanted to do this in the first place...Where abouts in Sydney are you headed for?

Archived