Is there such a thing as 'Church Land' or similar for lease in OZ?

PhoebeW

Hi

We are looking into the posibility of emigrating on aCPV 173 or 143 (undecided as yet).

I am female 57 years old so will be around pension age if/when it happens my husband is 2 years younger than me so has working life in front of him.

We have a little money (not as much as we would like after paying for CPV etc etc) and I am not ready for retirement just yet, frankly would be bored to tears :cute:

We would love to have a little bit of land for a hobby farm just on a small scale free range chickens and the like, but bottom line is we wouldnt have enough money for land and everything else that goes with it. In the UK a lot of farmers rent what is known as 'church land' and farm for years from them, there are certain exclusions as to what you can do. Does anyone know of anything similar in Australia......

If we were to go to Australia it would be Queensland on the Southern Gold Coast as that is where my daughter and grand daughters are, they live in a suburb about 20 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise but we dont have to be on their doorstep, even a couple of hours drive away would be good.

If anyone has any knowledge of leasing land/property I would very much appreciate some info. :smile: Thanks

Phoebe

Archived