I dont no if i want to go!!

Guest mollywhitear1

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Everyone,

My name is Molly and I'm 10 years old.

I'm really worried about moving to Australia. I'm worried about the spiders, the schools & making friends. Is there anyone who is in the same situation as me and wants to be my friend??

Also, my mum and dad really want to go and cant wait and atm were waiting for our visa's. They are hoping to move to Queensland and me and my sister Jodie (pommygirl1998) aren't sure if we want to go.

Would anyone be able to give me any advice about moving there??

Hope to speak soon!

Love molly xx :cute:

Hi Molly,

My daughter was 10 when we first started talking of moving to Aus and she really wasn't sure about moving either ... when we finally moved to WA she was 11 and is now 15. She loves living here, she's really a quiet sort of girl and hasn't had any problems making friends. One of the things that helped was the principle of the school she was coming to got her a pen-pal before she arrived, so she could chat about what the school was like and make friends before she came.

I won't tell you not to worry because moving to Aus is a really big thing ... you're mum and dad will probably be a bit scared too if they're honest. My children love it here and are still in touch with all their friends back in the UK as well as having made lots of new ones.

Ali xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Molly

we have been twice to Australia to Perth and Brisbane and we saw more spiders in England. My children are the same as you they are worried about emigrating, but the outdoor healthy lifestyle is super in Australia and theres lots of things to do. The Australian kids we met were really nice and i am sure you will make really good friends when you get there. And yes Ali is right we as parents are scared also and we wonder if it is the right thing to do, so give them big hugs, because its difficult for everyone. I am sure you will love it when you get there and i wish you all the best luck in the world.

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Ali,

Thankyou for replying!!

Would i be able to talk to your 15 year old??

My dad has emailed the school we are hoping to go to but we haven;t got a reply yet!

Love Molly xx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Helen,

Thankyou for replying!!

We've only been to Australia once and I really enjoyed it but I dont no if im going to enjoy when i live there.

From Molly xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hi Helen,

Thankyou for replying!!

We've only been to Australia once and I really enjoyed it but I dont no if im going to enjoy when i live there.

From Molly xx

Hi Molly

i am sure you will love it there and you seem a really nice girl who will make loads of new friends and just see it as a new and exciting adventure.

:cute:

Guest Taylor72
Hi Ali,

Thankyou for replying!!

Would i be able to talk to your 15 year old??

My dad has emailed the school we are hoping to go to but we haven;t got a reply yet!

Love Molly xx

Hi Molly

My name is Annette and we are hopefully moving to queensland, i have a son who is 11 and a daughter who is 15 at the end of June. It is a really scarey and exciting thing that we are all planning to do. I know you must be feeling scared but try not to worry this will be a fabulous experience for your family, and opportunity that many people dont get or are scared to experience. When i told my daughter i had a job offer in Australia, she cried as the reality hit home of leaving everything safe behind.

She will have the same worries as you, but everything will be ok. Just hug your parents tight and trust them that they feel they are doing whats right for your family. And think of all the new friends you will make and you can still keep in contact with your uk friends on skype. Keep positive, and talking about it helps.

Take care Annette x:hug:

Guest ciarajade

Hi my name is Ciara I am 11 ,

I'm moving to oz on the 23rd og Augest this year ! I'm really happy , and can't wait for the big move . My advice is you stay positive , you can worry later when the time is needed . Think of it as a new adventure , or a new chapter to your book . Never panic or worry or it only lets you down . If you need eny surport , encourgement or advice just say , and I'll help !:hug: Also please add me as a friend !

Ciara xxx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Annette,

thankyou for replying, I will try to keep positive about moving and hopefully everything will then be ok. My worst worries about it is the spiders cause some of them are poisenous :unsure:.

Love molly x

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Ciara,

Thankyou for replying, I would be happy to be your friend/ penpal on here and if you want we could email each other (if you have it!).

If it would be ok, I would like a bit of advice about all the worries I have on one of the posts I posted.Thankyou, and as i said on the other reply, I will try and stay postive!

Love Molly xx

Guest Taylor72
Hi Annette,

thankyou for replying, I will try to keep positive about moving and hopefully everything will then be ok. My worst worries about it is the spiders cause some of them are poisenous :unsure:.

Love molly x

Hi Molly

Im sure everything will be ok , and dont worry about the spiders. I know everyone does worry but i Have friends with children living in australia for nearly 3 years and theyve never seen any scarey spiders nd her children play on the grass in bare feet. And believe me if she thought there was big risk she wouldnt let them do it .

I noticed you profile mood is stressed, ur too young to be stressy !!! chnge it to something happy.

:wink:

Take care

Annette xx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Annette,

I will try not to worry. I'm going to try and be positive and keep my held high about all of this. I still dont really want to go but I suppose i should try and get used to the fact that i am going so im going to try and want to go. I used to want to go but now I dont no whats happened, I just really don't want to go. I'm going to try and put my worries behind as I know when i get there i will probably love it and no that all the worries I had were just silly and it wasn't worth it. Its just the fact that i'd be leaving friends and family behind and ive got a best friend and she doesn't want me to go either! I think that all of my worries are the same as every elses and i suppose it just comes naturally! Thankyou for replying and im going to try not to worry cause i no its not worth it!

Your right, i shouldn't be on stressed although barely any of my stress i have is based on oz.

Love Molly xx :)

Hia Molly

My daughter sharna is 11 and really didin't want to go, she said she was going to stay with her nan and grandad. Last month we visited queensland to validate our visa and Sharna didn't want to come home. She did miss her family and friends but now she's starting to look forward to going. I'm sure once yu get there you will love it too.

Best of luck

Tracey

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Tracey,

Thankyou for replying!!

I'm starting to feel that i want to go a bit now cause nearly of the replies ive had are about how nice it is out there so i'll just see what happens!!

Love Molly xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Molly these pictures might make you look forward to emigrating to Perth.dolphins.jpgkoala_baby_pic.jpg

Cottesloe-Beach-Perth.jpg Cottosloe Beach in Perth.

Guest mollywhitear1

aaaaaagggggghhhhh!! There soo cute especially the koala!!I'm not moving to Perth, im moving to Queensland!! When we went on holiday to oz we held koala's but we didn't see any penguins!!

Love Molly xx

Guest The Ropey HOFF
aaaaaagggggghhhhh!! There soo cute especially the koala!!I'm not moving to Perth, im moving to Queensland!! When we went on holiday to oz we held koala's but we didn't see any penguins!!

Love Molly xx

Hi Molly we have been to both Perth and Queensland and they were both fantastic, we thought Queensland was better though, you will love it.:wink:

Hi Molly

it's normal to feel like you do, after all it's probably the biggest ever change to your family's life. My son was 12 when we moved here to Brisbane and his sister was only just 11. They are now 14 and 12 and despite some nerves on their first day at school, they love living here.

All their schoolmates wanted to hear them speak because of their accent, and they were really interested to hear about where they came from. Now they've been here 18 months they're just part of the gangs of friends they've made and my daughter even has 2 accents...she has an Aussie one at school and an English one at home, lol.

If you'd like to talk to either of them, let me know and I'll put you in touch with them so they can tell you what it's like living here and maybe help you with any worries you might still have.

Good luck

Sue x

Guest Pommy girl 1998

hi sue im mollys sister Jodie and im 12 this year,, could i speak to your kids aswell please?? thanks very much Jodezz ; ) xx

hi sue im mollys sister Jodie and im 12 this year,, could i speak to your kids aswell please?? thanks very much Jodezz ; ) xx

No problem Jodie, I'm sure it'll help you to talk to someone who has been through it all. I can't remember if my daughter joined pio but I'll check with her when she gets up and get her to pm you :-)

Sue x

Archived