I dont no if i want to go!!

Guest mollywhitear1

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Sue,

Thankyou for replying with the advice! I would quite like to speak to you son and daughter if that would be ok!

My worries are starting to fade away now as i have had a few replies about the things that i have been worried about and ive been given advice on them. Im not so worried any more as i was before but i still feel a bit...:err:not sure about going.

Hope to speak to you soon,

Love Molly xx

Hi pommygirl, we live on an island north of Brisbane, I'll get my daughter to join up this week as she's on holiday from school and she can post on Molly's thread and hopefully help you all out and tell you what it's like to move and live here:cute:

Sue x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BieberS

Hi Im Sarah xx I Feel The Same Way As Moving To Aussie As She Does And Im Reely Not Sure What Will Happen !!!!!!!!!! XxX Sarah xxx <3

Guest BieberS

i never thought in a million years would i be moving to somewhere like oz .. but there u have it ...I AM [ PROBS ] xxx sarah

Sorry it's taken so long ladies! But I will now hand over to my daughter who has posted below what her thoughts on moving to Oz are, I'm sure she will help with any further questions!!

Sue xx

Hi! My name's Alex and I moved here 18 months ago. Before we moved here I was so excited! I thought that we'd be living on an orange sandy beach with kangaroos that would bounce along the sand and lots of koalas in the trees. I was really looking forward to it!

Then we got dropped off at the airport hotel by my best friend and her dad. The trip down was fine, we sung songs and messed around telling jokes and silly things like that.

We drank coke and lemonade together and chatted about school, what Aus would be like and when she came over for a holiday, what we would do together then. Then she left and it was all quiet. That's when we went to bed. Our journey started there! :tongue:

When we got to Australia I can't remember much because of my jet lag... I was asleep most of the time! So I'll skip the boring stuff and get onto my first day of school. It was so scary! I was crowded by strange people and I couldn't remember any of their names! But they all worshipped me!:notworthy: Especially my accent! They got me to say 'watermelon' , 'office' and 'school' I soon got bored of saying those words so I made them bored! They would say, "Can you say watermelon?" so I'd reply, "Yes!" and they soon got bored of it! I settled fast and keep in touch with my old friends (who are saving up to come out) and lots of people know me and like me and it's almost like I've been there forever!:jiggy:

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Alex,

My name is Molly and im 10 years old. We are hopefully moving to australia this year and to be honest at the moment im balanced. I don't want to go but i do want to go at the same time, its a bit wierd though. The thing is im not sure what to expect when(if) i get there, i don't no if im going to be lonely or crowed. The thing that makes me not want to go is all those scary poisenous spiders and leaving friends and family behind, they really don't want me to go!!

If its ok i was wondering if you could give me a bit of advice on going as i think we may be going this year. I'm really not sure what to expect.

How old are you?

Hope to speak soon,

Love Molly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi thought I'd post a message to you as we came out here 6 months ago and my 9 year old really did not want to come at all. She was more upset at leaving family and friends but can say she is all smiles these days. She was very nervous on her first day of school but everyone was really nice to her and she has lots of friends now and we've had friends to play at our house and on sleepovers which are really popular here. We've not seen any poisonous spiders nor snakes (only seen them in Australia Zoo) and we are based in Brisbane. If you would like to email my daughter Katie let me know and I'll put you both in touch. Try not to worry it will be ok

Sam

Hi Molly. My daughter was 10 when we moved to Melbourne and she was fine about it until the day we left, when she cried buckets all the way to the airport! She is now 12 and she absolutely loves her new life here. She had no problems at all with school and is doing really well. She has made loads of lovely friends and regularly goes on sleepovers, outings, etc. She loves her AFL, rugby and cricket and we go to watch matches all the time. She still misses her old friends, of course, but accepts that its all part of life that we lose touch with some people, and then make new friends in their place. Life is just a series of meetings and partings.

I'm sure you will be just the same as my daughter. You have so much to look forward to and are going to have an amazing adventure. You can keep in touch with your friends in England and update them with what you are up to. Don't worry too much about spiders and snakes. They don't bother you if you don't bother them.

I hope things work out for you and your family and good luck for your new lives.

T x

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi Sam,

Thankyou for replying and giving me advice on things. I would be happy to email katie, i will pm you my email address. At the moment, were still waiting for are visa's and have not yet heard anything.

Love molly xx

Guest mollywhitear1

Hi T,

I have realized now that since i started to come on pomsinoz, i've just gotton advice about all my worries and mostly all of them are now gone. I'm quite looking forward to going but im still really nervous as i know its a big step. I stll feel a bit worried about the spiders as i hate the small ones!! I'm really not sure what to expect, i don't no how im going to take it, settle in- in the house and the school. I will very much miss all my family and friends and im especially going to miss my gran and my dog as im very close to both of them. My mum and dad think that we might be going this year which i feel nervous about because i dont no whats going to happen.

Thankyou very much for replying and giving me the advice,

Hope to speak soon

Love mollyxx :P

Hi Everyone,

My name is Molly and I'm 10 years old.

I'm really worried about moving to Australia. I'm worried about the spiders, the schools & making friends. Is there anyone who is in the same situation as me and wants to be my friend??

Also, my mum and dad really want to go and cant wait and atm were waiting for our visa's. They are hoping to move to Queensland and me and my sister Jodie (pommygirl1998) aren't sure if we want to go.

Would anyone be able to give me any advice about moving there??

Hope to speak soon!

Love molly xx :cute:

yur lucky if you get to go to Queensland thats not fair u will get all of the good stuff like disneyland, luna park so y are you not sure about going to australia (it's fantastic) are u scared of spiders i am sooooooo scared of spiders, like red backs, huntsmans and stuff like that am i just making this worse i think so:chatterbox:am i chatting to much.

i only just moved into my new house (actually about 6 weeks ago) it still was not that long ago. it is really really cool. i think you will like it here in australia. australia is also really hot :cool:whats it like were you live

Guest mollywhitear1

hi, yes i am scared of spiders and where i live its sometimes sunny but its mostly raining and cold

love molly x

Archived