Returning Permenant Resident details.

Guest aus404

Guest aus404

Hello,

Can anyone clarrify what visa process I'd have to look into to move back to NSW.

After about 7 years living in Syndey we moved back to Europe for a few years so our kids could spend time with grandparents.

We were initally buisness sponsored and then independent permanent residents and our first child has an Australian Passport, but not citizens. Still have superanuation, have degree from an aussie uni etc but no property.

We stayed away longer than planned as additional children followed on but now are thinking of moving back

We have now been gone just over 5 years ( other than a month long holliday a couple of years ago) which looks to be problematic but but have maintained good ties and could easily have my employer move my job back with me.

What approach should we take?

Can we use a resident return visa?

Should we look at a family visa based on our son?

Would I have to go down the route of another buisness sponsored visa.

Cheers

Guest aus404

Is answering your own posts a sign a madness?

Family option does not apply.

Best option first.

As it's less than 3 years since I was in the country using my PR visa, we can apply for a RRV and need to demonstrate substantial and beneficial ties but not a "compelling" reason for our absence.

Confussingly If I can't demonstrate substantial and beneficial ties I could demonstrate "compelling and compassionate" reasons for my absense.

I want to keep it simple and not include details of elderly grandparents and parents but I'm not sure what is considered substantial and beneficial enough!

Seems kinda ambiguouis to me... Anybody have any experience on that front?

Hi

I was recently given a RRV and what they askd me for was to show what kept me away from Oz for the time I was away either that or if you can show that you havce employment ties thay will consider this also.

Good Luck

Emma

Hi

I was recently given a RRV and what they askd me for was to show what kept me away from Oz for the time I was away either that or if you can show that you havce employment ties thay will consider this also.

Good Luck

Emma

plus a good backhander

Guest aus404

RRV Submitted.

The High Commision in London was very helpfull, both on the phone and over email.

I've applied prior to changing to an australian role which does weaken the application somewhat but logistically that it best way to do it. If it doesn't go through then I can get the job and then reapply.

I did consider using an agent to ensure everything looked tikedyboo, but in the end it is probably just cheaper and simpler to pay for a second application.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aus404

Received my new Visa in the Post today. No second application required. 11 day turn around which is pretty impressive.

I included both substantial ties as well as a compelling reasons section in the letter and noted that while I believed my ties to be substatial, ( Aussie degree, Australian born child and no more significant ties to any other country in the world) that is clearly up to them so I felt I should also note why we had stayred away for 5 years.

Good job we took the holliday before the last return date mind you.

Just need to apply for the rest of the family now on the back of my visa.

Then it's just a case of actually upping sticks, finding a new job, selling cars and a house moving everything we own to the otherside of the world, finding a house, buying cars, enroling into schools etc etc etc. Easypeasy :-) Ohh and telling the family. not so easy

peasy.

• 2 years later...
Hi

Good Luck

Emma

Hi Emma, I know this is an old post but we're currently going through the same issues and may need to show compelling/compassionate evidence for our time outside Australia. Do you mind saying what your reasons were? Mine were mainly family illnesses, do you have to prove the illnesses or just write a letter with your application explaining them? Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Anyone please help...I am an Australian Permanent Resident.2 years back, because of my mothers very serious medical conditions,I had to move to America. Now her liver is in terminal stage.I was granted my Australian PR in MAR 2009.I so much want to maintain my Australian PR but I am running short of 4 months out of 2 years ( a requirement to meet that you have to have lived in Australia for at least 2 years out of 5 years)I still have my Australian Permanent Visa which will expire in March 2014. Seeing my current family circumstances, I dont see,its very likely that I would be able to go back to Australia and complete my 2 years requirement to be granted with Resident Return Visa.I need your kind guidance for my current situation. Is it possible for Australian Govt to grant me Resident Return Visa in case I dont meet 2 years requirement.. Australia is more than my home. I cant live without Australia. Australia is my very own land. Please tell me what can I do in my current situation. I still have my bank account running in Australia with a modest amount $15000.Soon I will send more amount in my account. I had visited Australia in AUG 2012 again for one week. I came to know that in certain circumstances,one can be granted a one year RRV.COuld you please tell me what are the conditions to validate this visa? What can be considered as a compelling situation and strong ties. Can I apply RRV offshore?

Anyone please help...I am an Australian Permanent Resident.2 years back, because of my mothers very serious medical conditions,I had to move to America. Now her liver is in terminal stage.I was granted my Australian PR in MAR 2009.I so much want to maintain my Australian PR but I am running short of 4 months out of 2 years ( a requirement to meet that you have to have lived in Australia for at least 2 years out of 5 years)I still have my Australian Permanent Visa which will expire in March 2014. Seeing my current family circumstances, I dont see,its very likely that I would be able to go back to Australia and complete my 2 years requirement to be granted with Resident Return Visa.I need your kind guidance for my current situation. Is it possible for Australian Govt to grant me Resident Return Visa in case I dont meet 2 years requirement.. Australia is more than my home. I cant live without Australia. Australia is my very own land. Please tell me what can I do in my current situation. I still have my bank account running in Australia with a modest amount $15000.Soon I will send more amount in my account. I had visited Australia in AUG 2012 again for one week. I came to know that in certain circumstances,one can be granted a one year RRV.COuld you please tell me what are the conditions to validate this visa? What can be considered as a compelling situation and strong ties. Can I apply RRV offshore?

Please start a new thread to get an answer to your question - it's a little rude to hijack multiple old threads with a lengthy question.

Archived