Visa Capping - Senate Inquiry

Guest Aussie2B

Hello Guys

Just a quick reminder for all the IT Graduates no we cannot reassess our degrees.. They say that if you have already used your assesment for migration purposes it cannot be reassesed.:cry: I don't know what will happen to us now. Accountants are on new SOL (confirmed by DIMMIA) But IT graduates???

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rajinmelb
Yeah, right... they are given special treatment, like kept in cage, and when needed, directed by a whip... comm'on

And look at us, stuck here for 2 years, can't find a job, because of temporary status and when needed Mr. Chris Evans takes out his whip to pass a bill in a kangaroo court.

Keep your explanation to yourself and your western world. I don't need it.

Hey Jigish, I think you need a break, you are going insane, You should rephrase these words and go on holidays to get your mind think positively and constructively. There are lot of people here going through the same phase probably are in worse situation then you. Please don't think and write like this

Guest TheStig
Hello Guys

Just a quick reminder for all the IT Graduates no we cannot reassess our degrees.. They say that if you have already used your assesment for migration purposes it cannot be reassesed.:cry:

source please?

I just a call from Senator Nick Xenophon's office. I had requested a meeting with him to discuss C&K and other issues about ten days ago. His Secretary said that it would be better to wait until after the election to have a meeting as the fate of this Bill could "change completely." (I wonder if they know something we don't?!)

For those not in the know, Senator X (as he is known) is an Independent but very powerful and well respected Senator, when he says something people listen and he is known for getting things done.

Bit disappointed I won't get to talk to him for 6 weeks (or longer) as I particularly wanted to vent my spleen about new IT grads who will now queue jump me and others but at least it shows someone is willing to listen. I will let you know when I have a firm date locked in.

Senator Xenophone was one of the many senators that we emailed about the bill. We only had replies from Senator Humphries, Somaley and Barnaby Joyce. Barnaby Joyce's secretary rang and tried to help, and organised someone from immigration to tel. but to tell the truth, apart from letting our feelings be known, I doubt that we achieved anything, except trying.

Guest umairghias

hi i am very confused about the 2231-79

i just applied for 885 in may 2010 with 2231-79 (nec).

How am i affected now ?

Why i have to do a re-skills assessment?

Can anybody please answer.

Thanks

Regards,

Umair

hi i am very confused about the 2231-79

i just applied for 885 in may 2010 with 2231-79 (nec).

How am i affected now ?

Why i have to do a re-skills assessment?

Can anybody please answer.

Thanks

Regards,

Umair

I think you cannot re assess your application now as you have already applied for a visa

http://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/ApplicationforReviewofAssessment.doc

If you have already used the assessment outcome letter for Migration purposes, then the assessment process is regarded as finished and no Review request can be made.

Guest umairghias

but i dont understand if i have applied for the visa already why do i need to re-access

and also before july 2010 old sol works ?

but i dont understand if i have applied for the visa already why do i need to re-access

and also before july 2010 old sol works ?

Who told you to reaccess? you need not to reaccess.You can only reaccess if you have not applied for any visa,if you have applied for any visa then wait and watch... you cannot do anything now.Old SOL is group 1 in new SOL.that has a lowest priority ie 4 th level.

Even i am confused how can a guy with a same degree and Ielts can jump 2 years ahead in a queue ???

Guest umairghias
Who told you to reaccess? you need not to reaccess.You can only reaccess if you have not applied for any visa,if you have applied for any visa then wait and watch... you cannot do anything now.Old SOL is group 1 in new SOL.that has a lowest priority ie 4 th level.

Even i am confused how can a guy with a same degree and Ielts can jump 2 years ahead in a queue ???

I am wondering the same thing? How long do u think is the wait in our current situation ?

Where did u get that information about the priority 4 ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Umair

I think the options for pre-July ICT recent grads is either wait or lodge a new application for skill assessment with ACS so you get ANZSCO classification and then withdraw your current 885/886 application and lodge a new one.

So that way you get bumped up to group 3.

Not sure about whether DIAC offers refund for voluntarily withdrawn applications not yet touched by a CO. If they do refund all it'll cost you then is 375 for ACS and you can use the refund money to lodge new app.

I would try to give them a few months to fix it before taking any action. Who knows,common sense might prevail and DIAC might introduce another arrangement to merge all ASCO and ANZSCO IT occupations for priority processing.

Read this link Everything will be clear.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

And for all those people in the queue,keep an eye on ICT Recent graduates who are going to apply after 1 july 2010, if any one of them get a visa.. thats it 6400 will also get it..

I am wondering the same thing? How long do u think is the wait in our current situation ?

Where did u get that information about the priority 4 ?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Umair

Read this link Everything will be clear.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-july-2010.pdf

And for all those people in the queue,keep an eye on ICT Recent graduates who are going to apply after 1 july 2010, if any one of them get a visa.. thats it 6400 will also get it..

I think the options for pre-July ICT recent grads is either wait or lodge a new application for skill assessment with ACS so you get ANZSCO classification and then withdraw your current 885/886 application and lodge a new one.

So that way you get bumped up to group 3.

Not sure about whether DIAC offers refund for voluntarily withdrawn applications not yet touched by a CO. If they do refund all it'll cost you then is 375 for ACS and you can use the refund money to lodge new app.

Brother if you have crossed 6 months after graduation you cannot apply for any visa.... Its against legislation as you are no more considered a recent graduate.I think DIMMIA will be in a big trouble after announcing these rules so far as IT is concerned,they have messed up everything.

Guest beersheer

Hi

I applied PR onshore as welfare worker 885 skilled independent....

Can I go for ENS or SMP, if yes then whats the procedure if anyone knows...

any advice and info is appreciated...

Guest Gollywobbler
Brother if you have crossed 6 months after graduation you cannot apply for any visa.... Its against legislation as you are no more considered a recent graduate.I think DIMMIA will be in a big trouble after announcing these rules so far as IT is concerned,they have messed up everything.

Hi Sammi

I don't know anything about IT. I'm the typical office user of a commercial system. I've no idea why it works or what any of the people in the IT Department actually do. I merely expect the machine on my desk to work and if it doesn't work, I rely on the IT Helpdesk to fix it for me. I am like 99% of the people who work for DIAC and use computer terminals all day, I suspect.

Ptlabs said recently that he thinks the biggest problems with the new ASCO>ANZSCO>IT is that neither ASCO or ANZSCO were drafted by people who actually understand how IT systems work. The various job titles and descriptions don't mean anything to the authors of the Codes. So the Codes are clumsy and do not reflect the ways in which a typical commercial IT system typically works.

When you are in the IT industry, I imagine that you find it almost impossible to understand that the majority of us have no idea what the IT people actually do. Trust me, user-ignorance is much higher than you think, as anybody who works on an IT Helpdesk could confirm, I imagine. The rest of us really are stuck in Ignorance 1.0, I assure you.

Cheers

Gill

Guest umairghias

Hi ,

You are absolutely right ! But how they will be in trouble . We all should email DIMIA or any one is taking action against this ?

How can the same occupation jump ahead in the queue.

Regards,

Umair

Thats correct Gill.Actually the planning committee has not planned anything keeping in mind the long term goals.When they wanted money during GFC they didn't care how many cooks and hairdressers are coming,the attitude was-let the foreign currency in.Now they have got themselves in a spot of bother so they want C&C bill to get rid of them!! But they cannot play with the life of thousands of people and they do not have any right to do so!!! When they say that they were here to study-i laugh because all of us know they were here for PR!! Not the diploma!!

Guys can anyone explain me the meaning of these lines as explained in the document of priority processing arrangements

"Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements."

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf

Are there any special processing arrangements for people in these occupations?

Guys can anyone explain me the meaning of these lines as explained in the document of priority processing arrangements

"Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements."

Are there any special processing arrangements for people in these occupations?

Only God knows sammi4u what the hell this DIAC clowns are trying to say!!:confused:

Guest jigish

I think its time I have to think hard about returning back and never coming back. Advice to non-aussie people, stop your countrymen to invest money in this hellhole.

Are you sure? I know you have to lodge it by 6 months or wait for TR grant. Or is it different for ICT recent grads only?

Archived