New born baby visa dilema ?

Guest Rich&Jules

Guest Rich&Jules

We were lucky to have our 175 permanent resident visa granted in June last year. My partner then fell pregnant with our 2nd child in September. We managed to validate our visa in March this year but are unsure how we go about obtaining a visa for our yet unborn child ?

Can he (we already know the sex!) be added to our visa or do we need to apply for a separate one ? Does anyone know the timescales, has been through a similar process and know the costs ? :unsure:

Guest Gollywobbler
We were lucky to have our 175 permanent resident visa granted in June last year. My partner then fell pregnant with our 2nd child in September. We managed to validate our visa in March this year but are unsure how we go about obtaining a visa for our yet unborn child ?

Can he (we already know the sex!) be added to our visa or do we need to apply for a separate one ? Does anyone know the timescales, has been through a similar process and know the costs ? :unsure:

Hi there

Congratulations on the imminent birth of your son!!

Since you have validated your PR visas you are permanent residents of Australia. I am 90% sure that Baby will be a PR of Oz as well from the moment that he is born. I think this happens automatically (Baby being a PR.)

I assume that the drill is that you get Baby his own passport and ask Australia House in London to put a sc 175 visa label into it before you take Baby to Oz but I do not have a clue about the actual drill - only about the vague principles of the idea - which is that Baby will automatically be deemed to hold the same visa as you.

Google the Australian High Commission in London. Explain the facts in the on-line enquiry form, making sure that you give them phone numbers where they can reach you during the day.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Guys

Again congratulations, I am in Oz on a student visa and had my son in Jan, after many calls to different departments, all you have to do is go to the immi website and download a form for change of circumstances, it has a section for new borns, send it back and he will be automatically added onto your visa.

I would check though, as I said I was in Oz at the time, but I would imagine it would be the same form. So its probably the easiest thing you have to do for a visa haha.

Good luck with the birth and the move down under

Mandy

Hi there

Congratulations on the imminent birth of your son!!

Since you have validated your PR visas you are permanent residents of Australia. I am 90% sure that Baby will be a PR of Oz as well from the moment that he is born. I think this happens automatically (Baby being a PR.)

I assume that the drill is that you get Baby his own passport and ask Australia House in London to put a sc 175 visa label into it before you take Baby to Oz but I do not have a clue about the actual drill - only about the vague principles of the idea - which is that Baby will automatically be deemed to hold the same visa as you.

Google the Australian High Commission in London. Explain the facts in the on-line enquiry form, making sure that you give them phone numbers where they can reach you during the day.

Cheers

Gill

Hello There,

If the baby is born outside of Australia the baby will not automatically be granted the same visa as the parents. Once the child is born you will need to apply for a SC101 Child visa for the baby.

If the baby is born in Australia then the baby will become an Australian citizen at birth.

With regard to the other poster: If a baby is born in Australia and the parents hold a Temporary Visa (SC457/Student visa etc) then the baby is automatically granted the same visa as the parent.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• 2 months later...
Guest Rich&Jules

Stephen

We are due to emigrate to Oz in a few months time. I currently pay child support for 2 of my children to my ex partner (who has recently married and also has 2 other children to her new partner) via UK CSA. I have 2 children to my new partner which live with me. We have input our details on the Au CSA website and found that the payments would be triple what I am currently paying for earning slightly less out in Oz. This doesn't make sense !!!

Have you come across any similar problem/issue and what was the outcome ? Do you continue to pay through the uk based on their rules and calculations or go to the Oz calculation method once you are working out there ?

Based on the Au method we would be unable to cover our living costs !! Hence we are extremely worried

Any help , advice, guidance would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks

Regards

Rich & Jules

• 4 months later...
Hi, I am in a similair situation to yourself ~ although we havent validated

our baby is 3wks old ~ with no visa & we need to validate/enter by march!!! :eek:

any advice you can offer would be so gratefully recieved :notworthy:

Hi,

Re-read Stephen Dickson post. It talks of a baby born to PR parents outside Australia and a link is attached. Is it this you are looking for or is it something else ?

Hi,

Re-read Stephen Dickson post. It talks of a baby born to PR parents outside Australia and a link is attached. Is it this you are looking for or is it something else ?

Thankyou ~ yes this is the visa we ultimately need, however as im running very short on time, i dont know if it will be granted quick enough? :wideeyed:

Guest Lankan1
Hello There,

If the baby is born outside of Australia the baby will not automatically be granted the same visa as the parents. Once the child is born you will need to apply for a SC101 Child visa for the baby.

If the baby is born in Australia then the baby will become an Australian citizen at birth.

With regard to the other poster: If a baby is born in Australia and the parents hold a Temporary Visa (SC457/Student visa etc) then the baby is automatically granted the same visa as the parent.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks Stephen,

We have another problem, If we (primary applicants) sponsored from a state, lets say Victoria and eventually got the 176 Visa, and our baby come after the grant of 176 visa do we have to request a sponsorship from the state for the child as well? Because lets say by the time we got this sponsorship from the state child was not born.

Or regardless of the visa type 175 or 176 we have to follow the same route you explained above?

Thank you very much for the above precise answer, since our 176 getting delayed due to wait time required for sponsorships, planing for a baby

Thanks Stephen,

We have another problem, If we (primary applicants) sponsored from a state, lets say Victoria and eventually got the 176 Visa, and our baby come after the grant of 176 visa do we have to request a sponsorship from the state for the child as well? Because lets say by the time we got this sponsorship from the state child was not born.

Or regardless of the visa type 175 or 176 we have to follow the same route you explained above?

Thank you very much for the above precise answer, since our 176 getting delayed due to wait time required for sponsorships, planing for a baby

The baby isn't getting a 176 state sponsored visa, s/he will need a child visa. So it is nothing to do with the state and no you don't need them to sponsor a child visa.

Archived