What will you do to make your time in Aus easier?

Guest Caitmelbourne

For those who feel stuck here, or want to give it a year or two before deciding to return home....how do you plan to make it easier on yourself?

I know it's so much harder for some than others, especially people with families and my heart goes out to you. But what can you do to life your spirits? There must be something here that you enjoy?

I made a pact with myself today to stop moping & get out there & make the most of this experience, however long it may last. I haven't allowed myself to enjoy Melbourne due to overwhelming homesickness but I love this City so much! I'm going to have a tourist weekend & get out there rather than watching life pass me me by.

good on ya waterkitty ....u never know you may start to enjoy it ...and if u dont at least the time will go past quicker trying :yes:

mrs keily

Good on ya! Once you try to start to enjoy yourself, things should start to look up... Maybe not enough to want to stay but at least you'll get to see a bit of the place.

Get yourself a bucket list and get out there

All the best and I hope everything works out

Getting out and about and seeing and doing is a good short term measure and can see you through quite a few years of being down. Also, having a job so you have to get out of bed every day is another plus - not to mention the added bonus of having an income which can go straight into your escape fund. If you are only here for the short term then reframing into a long holiday/adventure is a powerful way to go.

For me the only solution is waving goodbye to Canberra (and then either Sydney or Melbourne) airport which I aim to do at least once and preferably twice a year but not everyone has that luxury.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Archived