bye bye sunny coast

PommyPaul

well i've got to say i'm pretty sad to say goodbye to the sunny coast after 19 months here!

I really got to know the area and the scenery, beaches, fishing etc never even remotely got boring.... but if you can't find work and savings are dwindling you have to do something.

Am booked into ye olde lodge in toowoomba tonight and then will slowly make my way south to the snowy mountains.

:jiggy:

Good luck with everything Paul. Being a positive person, you'll no doubt make the most of whatever life has in store for you and when you have made your fortune, you can come back to the Sunny Coast and spend your retirement drinking beer and enjoying the sunsets :hug:

Sue x

Guest brooksey

Good luck with it. I must admit i've got my house on the market next week. If i can't make money building speckies then we'll have to look at pastures new.

Good luck with it. I must admit i've got my house on the market next week. If i can't make money building speckies then we'll have to look at pastures new.

good luck to you as well mate :) anywhere else in mind?

must admit what worked for me was to just apply for every job i liked the look of in any area in the whole country that i wouldn't mind living.

Guest brooksey
good luck to you as well mate :) anywhere else in mind?

must admit what worked for me was to just apply for every job i liked the look of in any area in the whole country that i wouldn't mind living.

Thats pretty much what i would like to do. But the wife wants to stay here so i'm taking my builders licence, going back to renting and building a speckie house. If i can make money that way then fine . If not then i'll be joining your club.

Guest siamsusie

Everyone has said it all Paul, but I am sure you are grinning from ear to ear on yet another stage of your journey! Enjoy. Love Susie x

Guest Rickard Family
Thats pretty much what i would like to do. But the wife wants to stay here so i'm taking my builders licence, going back to renting and building a speckie house. If i can make money that way then fine . If not then i'll be joining your club.

If you dont mind me asking what is it you do for a living. We are due to fly out one way to the Gold Coast on the 29th June and my wife wants to live in Paciffic Pines. Im a Carpenter and Joiner and reading Paul and your comments is making me worry about work. Do you think I will find it hard to find work around that area, thanks Clinton.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paul

Best of luck with your new chapter in exploring Australia. You should be able to do some snow skiing in July & August, I would imagine. Well worth a go if you get the chance and if not this year, then next year.

Have a super time settling in and please keep in touch to let us know how you are?

Cheers

Gill

This is the WEST and theres enough cowboys if you are fancy ing here mate lol , get yer areses over theres work about even for idle dee dahs lmaao you be ok mate

Guest brooksey
If you dont mind me asking what is it you do for a living. We are due to fly out one way to the Gold Coast on the 29th June and my wife wants to live in Paciffic Pines. Im a Carpenter and Joiner and reading Paul and your comments is making me worry about work. Do you think I will find it hard to find work around that area, thanks Clinton.

I'm a Carpenter. Sorry to say works hard to come by here. As mentioned earlier 70 to 100 people apply for every job and Aussies get them every time. Don't get me wrong i keep picking bits of work up but it's hard to get. Some people come and land lucky straight away. I've heard the place to go for work is Melbourne, Perth or Darwin.

Mind you now their taxing the mines the latter two might slow down aswell.

Iv'e had a house to build for someone for the last few weeks (on their owner builders licence) so not looked for work. If i here more i'll let you know.

Hi Paul

Best of luck with your new chapter in exploring Australia. You should be able to do some snow skiing in July & August, I would imagine. Well worth a go if you get the chance and if not this year, then next year.

Have a super time settling in and please keep in touch to let us know how you are?

Cheers

Gill

cheers Gill, i've always fancied haiving a go at skiing so will be making a point of getting out there this season :)

Archived