Adding Defacto partner to existing PostGrad Research Visa?

ianmckeown

Guys,

I am here on a post grad visa, arrived at the end of October.

Due to the nature of my girlfriend/Life partner/whatever's job, she did not come out with me, the plan was for her to get more experience in her present job before moving out here with me. She is a graphic designer.

Anyway, I am looking to find out if she can be added to my visa as a defacto partner - we comfortably meet all criteria set and then some - is this possible? if so can someone advise on best course of action.

I have had mixed messages previously re: this issue, and would like some clarification.

If not possible, what do you reckon our options are? I'm out here for another 3.5 years and are very keen to explore any avenue.

What course of visa applications 1. look best for potential employers? 2. look best to the immigration dept. in oz? 3. enable her to work fulltime and take advantage of our situation?

I look forward to your responses.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I should have added her at the start.

I should clarify I am on a Postgraduate Research Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 574) - Assessment Level 1 visa not a (476)

Can you please advise

I can't advise you as I am not qualified to do so - the information is here

Postgraduate Research Sector: Temporary Visa (Subclass 574) - Assessment Level 1

Looks like she will need to fill in similar paperwork and pay the full charge though.

There could be questions as to why she was not included in the first place. It clearly states all family members (migrating or not ) should be included as it may not be possible to add them later.

I would recommend a word with a good agent to clarify all this and also to consider your plans when the visa ends - if she meets the requirements for a skilled visa for example.

This forum is no substitute for professional advice - we all do what we can to help though.

George Lombard and Alan Collett (GO Matilda) are well thought of and post here.

They don't need to be in the same city or even country to help you. They are both known for being honest and straightforward and have come up with solutions where others have failed.

Archived