esperance or geraldton ?

Guest boslowen

Its all gone quiet again!!!! I rang Davinia middle of last week and left an answer phone message, and no reply as of yet, not suprised at all, usual communications from them it seems. Maybe next week, then again, maybe november will be here before they say anything!!!:err:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boslowen

well .....so quiet....just dropped our house price by 20 grand.......but still nothing from oz....hope some news comes through soon......motorbike is all polished and ready for oz...want to get moving......but its sooooo quiet...ssshhh

Guest MongooseB
well .....so quiet....just dropped our house price by 20 grand.......but still nothing from oz....hope some news comes through soon......motorbike is all polished and ready for oz...want to get moving......but its sooooo quiet...ssshhh

Hi,

Best of luck with the sale of your house. You may like to know that we are only likely to hear after January, so that buys you some extra time to sell. Not quite what we all want to hear, but that's what the news is.

Paula is on holiday too, so don't expect to be hearing from her too soon.

Guest Joznmazo

Hi Mongooseb

Sorry to butt in, new to this forum lark!!! I applied to ARG as a driver and have been watching the comments and just wondered where you got the info that it will be January before we hear anything..??? Like all of you its driving me and the wife crazy, but on the plus, giving us chance to save some money..and with the exchange rate as it is, think we will need it!

Guest MongooseB

Hi Joznmazo,

We called and spoke to Paula who said it would be after January.

Saying that, I think it could be anytime between then and now.

Best of luck.

Hi Joznmazo,

We called and spoke to Paula who said it would be after January.

Saying that, I think it could be anytime between then and now.

Best of luck.

Hi all, sorry to be a bit thick here MongooseB but do you mean January before we hear anything (meaning it'll be more like april before we get out there) or After January before we go?

Sorry we been quiet, but we're currently on holiday too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest MongooseB
Hi all, sorry to be a bit thick here MongooseB but do you mean January before we hear anything (meaning it'll be more like april before we get out there) or After January before we go?

Sorry we been quiet, but we're currently on holiday too :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi,

Yeah, that's about right, although don't quote me on it. We were just told it would be "after January", and from what I've read in various articles, the initial phase of the contract is scheduled to start around March. After reading this in several different articles, it all tied in to what we've been advised. Given that it takes around 2 months for visas, medicals etc. I think it's safe to be thinking March/April. Again, I'm not an expert, so please don't quote me on this - we're also very much playing the guessing game.

That being said, if they move quickly, who knows, we COULD be going in Jan!

Fingers crossed.

Guest boslowen
Hi,

Yeah, that's about right, although don't quote me on it. We were just told it would be "after January", and from what I've read in various articles, the initial phase of the contract is scheduled to start around March. After reading this in several different articles, it all tied in to what we've been advised. Given that it takes around 2 months for visas, medicals etc. I think it's safe to be thinking March/April. Again, I'm not an expert, so please don't quote me on this - we're also very much playing the guessing game.

That being said, if they move quickly, who knows, we COULD be going in Jan!

Fingers crossed.

thats cleared that up then !....lol:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MongooseB

The drivers have been or are being called - excellent stuff! What about the fitters? It seems only once we call them do we get an answer....any headsup from anyone out there?!?!:err::huh:

Guest Joznmazo
The drivers have been or are being called - excellent stuff! What about the fitters? It seems only once we call them do we get an answer....any headsup from anyone out there?!?!:err::huh:

I missed the call and got a message to ring back but cant get through. I have spoke to a Driver who has and he says the recruitment for Drivers has been delayed and that they are not wanting anyone out until mid to end of next year. I did heard that the building of the port North of Geraldton has been delayed and maybe this is the reason..need to get through and ask some questions..if anyone does have some answers it would be good to know

cheers

I missed the call and got a message to ring back but cant get through. I have spoke to a Driver who has and he says the recruitment for Drivers has been delayed and that they are not wanting anyone out until mid to end of next year. I did heard that the building of the port North of Geraldton has been delayed and maybe this is the reason..need to get through and ask some questions..if anyone does have some answers it would be good to know

cheers

Basically what you say is right. Simon got a call this morning from Davinia! she said that the port has been delayed but it will be going ahead and that this was the main cause for the delay! why they couldn't tell us that is beyond me!!!! Anyway Si asked if she was offering him a job, and she said all she could say was that everyone who has been unsuccessful has been told!!!! :jiggy::biggrin:

She wouldn't be anymore specific even though he tried to push her. (I suppose they're covering their own backsides!)

So I think guys if you're willing to wait its only a matter of time! :cute::laugh:

Guest boslowen
Snap, my hubby was at Par, he has put in for ARG.....small world!

Hi see that you have mentioned Par in your last post, when was your hubby there as we left tSt Blazey 4 years ago?

Hi Boslowen, if you was at Blazey, you would know Nick Dyke & Rambo? My hubby is Alan Peters, he was at Par but missed the big engines as he started life at Saltley, so was offered the world by a company called Advenza Freight, and everything went down hill from there. Went for the family interview with ARG, and had all the phone calls, and as Paula said at the interview, 'if you need to contact me, please do, even if it's just for a chat. So we have done that and I cannot see why others are having a bad time, as she told us that she has done the 'No's, so until they get the green light from the goverment, ARG dont know how many they can take on........do they send a taxi (a few) or a bus (loads)? We are in no rush as my mom died last year, and in the process of selling her house, which will be going to auction, plus our farm house in Brittany.

Guest boslowen

yeah we know them well.

sorry to say it looks like i have missed the boat to oz now though.we also had a call from Davinia , but it looks like I will be too old by late next year to be able to get my PR. I needed to be there by may 2011.

Guest boslowen

Well everybody...had the call from Davinia, then did a lot of e-mailing and telephoning different places.

I am sorry to say that it looks like we are not going to make it to Oz as by late 2011 I will be 48 years old ...which does not give me enough time to work there for 2 years and then get my PR application in before im 50. Im gonna be too old by a few months...if it had all gone to plan I would have been OK. So unless ARG can get me there before Mid may 2011 then Im stuffed.

This is a real shame as we were all looking forward to the new life so much.

Its been really good getting to know you all and we wish you all the best.

I do have relatives in Perth so if we are over there you never know we may still see you for that beer and bbq.

All the best everyone.

Well everybody...had the call from Davinia, then did a lot of e-mailing and telephoning different places.

I am sorry to say that it looks like we are not going to make it to Oz as by late 2011 I will be 48 years old ...which does not give me enough time to work there for 2 years and then get my PR application in before im 50. Im gonna be too old by a few months...if it had all gone to plan I would have been OK. So unless ARG can get me there before Mid may 2011 then Im stuffed.

This is a real shame as we were all looking forward to the new life so much.

Its been really good getting to know you all and we wish you all the best.

I do have relatives in Perth so if we are over there you never know we may still see you for that beer and bbq.

All the best everyone.

aah babe I'm so sorry to hear that. Please keep in touch and you'll be more than welcome for a beer and bbq. :-( :sad:

• 7 years later...