Gordon Brown

KIRK AND CO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

I've always thought Brown was utterly appalling. However he has gone up in my estimation today. Packing seems to suit him. Mandy was far less overbearing than usual, as well. He never does his packing for long, though, that one.....

Cheers

Gill

I wouldn't want to call what's gonna happen over the next couple of days. Gord and Nick?, Davey boy and Nick? Either way, despite the Lib Dems poor result, Nick Clegg is in a pretty powerful position now.

I'd like to see a Lab/Lib Dem coalition with Vince Cable in the Treasury. I can't stand George Osborne.

Did anyone see "Have I got election news for you" earlier tonight? It was hilarious! :biglaugh:

Guest Magnetic6

This would also be my preferred outcome. I'd like to see David Miliband as future PM.

This would also be my preferred outcome. I'd like to see David Miliband as future PM.

He's not a bad bloke I don't think. He used to be the Minister for the Third Sector and was highly regarded amongst his department.

So long as Osborne isn't involved. Ugh! Smarm! :laugh:

I'd like to see a Lab/Lib Dem coalition with Vince Cable in the Treasury. I can't stand George Osborne.

I don't think that coalition has a majority?

Osborne - I agree - I have little confidence in him. But hey, we had Brown, then Darling.

Guest shark

looking at that ......brown on the box today ,he looks like he has something up is sleeve.and he is going no where .

Guest Magnetic6

According to the news it appears it will be a Cons/LibDem coalition which of all the outcomes i find the most kiss arsey depressing.

looking at that ......brown on the box today ,he looks like he has something up is sleeve.and he is going no where .

Yep, I reckon he'll be there till the bitter end if he can! What I don't understand is WHY would anyone want that job?? I'd rather chew my own leg off. :arghh:

Guest shark

if that happens ,fleabo we will see another election,in 6months time .con/libs is a bad mix

Guest Magnetic6

I don't pretend to know anything about politics. If the Conservatives have the majority vote then they should win but our system doesn't quite work like that does it?

What i don't understand is that the Labour and LibDems manifesto's seem more in tune with one another, so it seems a bit like jumping ship to me. All very rudimentary on my behalf.

if that happens ,fleabo we will see another election,in 6months time .con/libs is a bad mix

I agree that that it is strong possibility. By then the electorate may be a little more focussed on what the result should be.

I agree that that it is strong possibility. By then the electorate may be a little more focussed on what the result should be.

I can hold my hands up to wavering between tactical voting and voting for the party I like best. I went for voting from the heart (okay, pass the bucket I'm sorry!), but now know this was a stupid thing to do. Have learned my lesson!

Guest chris955

The only sensible outcome seems to be Con/LibDem, the voting public have made it clear they don't want Labour or at least Brown in charge. The Conservatives usually seem to have a much firmer hand on the purse strings.

I don't see any obvious reason it wont work and the money market doesn't seem overly bothered at this point, at least from the perspective of the Aussie $ which has remained at almost exactly the same level as pre election.

Archived