Whats with the complete lack of Visa Grants these days?

purplelaura

Guest Dannie

Spoke to our CO today and she says there really has been a massive influx of applications this year and there trying to get through them as quick as possible, sucks i know causes we have to suffer for it

I asked my agent to chase up with DIAC and make sure they have everything etc. They said all is met but it could be 3months before we hear anything!! (Although our agent says she's never known it to take that long!!)

Fingers crossed this is not the case x

Guest rachbarlow

end of the year nearly..... they may have reached the years quota????

Influx this year??? I applied last year! LET ME IN!!!!!

I know its frustrating and my heart goes out to all of you. This nail biting bit is excrutiating, and then some idiot like me comes on who already has their visa and tells you to keep your chins up and you could quite easily throttle them!:biglaugh:

But seriously its worth the wait you will get there my very best wishes to you all for a very speedy grant :wubclub:

Guest luyaoqin

I do not hope it is true, but it seems happening now, since heaps of my friends and I have lodged our applications(885) recently, but the whole process slows down currently. Some of their checklist status are already "MET", but when they aksed their CO when their cases would be finalised, they got the response that "Your case would be finalised within 3 to 4 months". Don't know what's happening!

There was a rumour that the visa quota was going to be capped at the start of April prior to the changeover to the new system. So I'm wondering if that's what we're seeing now.

If that is the case then I'd expect a flurry of visas to be issued in July. The worst case would be that those who've been asked to supply police checks and medical results will be treated as the current Category 5 applicants, and receive a visa later on in the summer.

Alternatively, DIAC could just be retooling their systems for the new regime. In which case there might be delays as things come back online.

Back in February, it took about a week from my medicals arriving to the visa being granted. I know that's not helpful, but it at least gives an indication of what I'd expect.

Back in February, it took about a week from my medicals arriving to the visa being granted. I know that's not helpful, but it at least gives an indication of what I'd expect.

My medicals have been finalised for 6 weeks now which according to other PIO posters timelines this is not the norm. There's defo something going on at DIAC just don't know what.

I know other people have been waiting a very long time for their visas but when your within touching distance of the visa being granted it is sooooo frustrating!

Might think about trying to speak to my case officer tom night but my guess is it won't give me much more information.

I guess I just need to try and be patient but to be honest my patience is running very very thin now :sad:

I'd agree that it looks like something's afoot. The Aussietimeline site has far more visas issued in the last part of March than in April. The question is what...

Have you made sure that DIAC has received everything?

• Medical results.
  • Police checks.
  • Form 80.

You could call your CO to check that the paperwork's done as an excuse for your call. :wink:

Have you made sure that DIAC has received everything?

Yes indeed!...I sent an email through the online portal with the excuse that documents are uploaded and medicals sent but status has not changed and I just wanted to make sure that they got them.

A few days later, the medicals changed to finalised but most documents remained Required or Requested.

Then after 3 weeks I got this email...DOH....still nothing....

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

This information has been attached to your visa application for your case officer's attention. Your case officer may contact you if they require any additional information.

Yours sincerely,

X. XXXXXX

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Guest Stretchy

For what it's worth me and my oh had ours granted this week (175 visa, app lodged in late Oct, meds done on 15 March). I followed up last week with our agent and she checked on the system and saw that everything (meds, police) was on there as being fine and she said a follow up email from her to the CO often speeded things up. She did that and we got the visa granted about a week later:biggrin:. She did say at the time that it could take a couple of months so we may just have got lucky. Shows they are granting some though so hopefully that's a good sign. Fingers crossed for you:smile:

For what it's worth me and my oh had ours granted this week (175 visa, app lodged in late Oct, meds done on 15 March). I followed up last week with our agent and she checked on the system and saw that everything (meds, police) was on there as being fine and she said a follow up email from her to the CO often speeded things up. She did that and we got the visa granted about a week later:biggrin:. She did say at the time that it could take a couple of months so we may just have got lucky. Shows they are granting some though so hopefully that's a good sign. Fingers crossed for you:smile:

That's great news Stretchy! Congrats :) I agree...I had also contacted the CO and the meds changed to Finalised immediately.

What kills me, and I think many people feel the same too...is not knowing what's going on. It's nice to know if it will take a month, 6 or more. To be honest, I dont care if its granted now or in 6 months time cause I'll be moving next year anyway. It's the not knowing which is frustrating, even from the planning side.

Not sure how feasible it is, but if DIAC introduces some kind of "Grant month" would be great!

Anyway....back to waiting for the unknown....

Cheers

B1K3R

Guest sweety
a follow up email from her to the CO often speeded things up. She did that and we got the visa granted about a week later:biggrin:.

Yes got to agree with Stretchy there, after all our meds/police checks were finalised we thought it would be at the end of that same week, but when friday came and went and we didnt hear nothing, our agent gave them a nudge and 2 days after we got our visas granted too...so maybe worth a try.

Saffy

Have just spoken to DIAC and as i suspected wasn't very helpful at all and defo not worth sitting up late for. I was told that all my documents have been received and everything looks to be in order and that my case would be referred back to my case officer for review but I would still need to wait to hear anything!!!!! AAAAARRRGHHH!

Guest proud2beaussie

Remember that DIAC are processing applications from many countries,not just the UK,and also not all applicants from the UK are PIO members so making assumptions about visa grants is probably a bit unfair,also case officers are just employees of the government doing a job,they have no say in processing priorities and have to work within the legislation,I'm not saying that there are not some slack CO's out there,but I think most of them do their best to minimise disruption to applicants-I can't say that for certain because I don't work there,but I think that would be a fair comment.

Guest Jamie Smith

And no doubt there are many staff being drawn away to do training programmes on the new rules or assist with managing the influx of boat people who, without providing any personal or ID papers, can get a visa decision and welfare within 3 months, when carefully prepared and fully documented applications take 4x as long.

That is a major imbalance and it's very unfair to those who don't jump queues.

:swoon:

FWIW I understand that the ASPC is running close to the specified number of visas it can grant - a month or two earlier than in other years, but they'll use the same procedure of granting visas carefully between now and the end of June so as to come within the levels announced by the Minister.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Alucard

So, if they have nearly reached their quota of up till June, should we assume that those applying in March/April onwards will be missing out?

Well guys me thinks that my phone call to DIAC last night was just enough to remind my case officer about us as this morning I checked my email and had the fantastic news that my visa has been granted!

Good luck to everybody and i really hope that you all get your visas granted very soon

Laura xxx

And no doubt there are many staff being drawn away to do training programmes on the new rules or assist with managing the influx of boat people who, without providing any personal or ID papers, can get a visa decision and welfare within 3 months, when carefully prepared and fully documented applications take 4x as long.

That is a major imbalance and it's very unfair to those who don't jump queues.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Well guys me thinks that my phone call to DIAC last night was just enough to remind my case officer about us as this morning I checked my email and had the fantastic news that my visa has been granted!

Fantastic news!!!!! I'm so happy for you! :biggrin:

It confuses me how DIAC needs a reminder to approve some visas where all docs have been ready and met for weeks. Personally, this shows me that they don't have a structured and efficient way to track things...:eek:

Cheers

B1K3R

Archived