It's time to go: Woofyhugger!

Woofyhugger

Yep, my day has come after 35 years in Oz. I love Australia, I really do, it's looked after me for a long time, but it's time to move on, explore the world, and see family I haven't seen before, including a brother I haven't seen for 35 years, my last surviving immediate family member.

I fly out tonight on Singapore Airlines from Melbourne. Still haven't packed my bags yet.. I guess I should be doing less typing and more packing.

I just exchanged some aussie dollars in to pounds.. I gotta say the British notes are bloody awful looking.. different sizes, bland colours, smelly and papery.. not like our sexy Aussie dollar. The £20 and £50 are too bloody tall for my Oroton wallet I have had for ages.. new wallet purchase coming up :(

I can't wait to get to the UK though, rain, wet and all, and to travel Europe.. not to mention being closer to my mates in the US even. It's not about a place for me, it's about people.

People can moan all they like about the UK or Oz, weather, economy, cost of living, crime.. we have it all in both.. It's all about the people, friends, family and adventure for me.

Talk to you guys from the northern hemisphere!

Matt aka Woofyhugger

Guest siamsusie
Yep, my day has come after 35 years in Oz. I love Australia, I really do, it's looked after me for a long time, but it's time to move on, explore the world, and see family I haven't seen before, including a brother I haven't seen for 35 years, my last surviving immediate family member.

I fly out tonight on Singapore Airlines from Melbourne. Still haven't packed my bags yet.. I guess I should be doing less typing and more packing.

I just exchanged some aussie dollars in to pounds.. I gotta say the British notes are bloody awful looking.. different sizes, bland colours, smelly and papery.. not like our sexy Aussie dollar. The £20 and £50 are too bloody tall for my Oroton wallet I have had for ages.. new wallet purchase coming up :(

I can't wait to get to the UK though, rain, wet and all, and to travel Europe.. not to mention being closer to my mates in the US even. It's not about a place for me, it's about people.

People can moan all they like about the UK or Oz, weather, economy, cost of living, crime.. we have it all in both.. It's all about the people, friends, family and adventure for me.

Matt aka Woofyhugger

:hug:safe safe trip Matt, and relying on you to come back with some wonderful stories of your trips around Europe. Enjoy! love Susie x

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Matt

Have a safe journey and I hope that your journey to the UK brings with it lots of happiness. How wonderful meeting your brother for the first time in 35 years you must be very excited. Don't become a stranger please let us know how you are settling in to your new life.

Kate

Guest sophi

Matt aka Woofyhugger

Good luck with your travells. safe journey.....

Guest Guest31881

Good luck Matt,

Enjoy your new life, and dont get to carried away with the pub life in the UK :biglaugh:.

I am sure you will settle there,

best wishes mate.

Guest SO,DIZZY

Matt aka Woofyhugger

Dont worry love, that pound note wont be looking quite as smelly when you see how far it goes back in blighty.. safe trip...

Good luck here in the UK. We've had a lovely spring so far, but it's a good job you don't mind the wet. Apparently we're in for a soggy weekend, if you believe the met office! Still, the leaves are appearing now, the daffodils are out and there are lambs in the fields. Lovely.

Hope you have a good flight.

Guest roma 1

Wishing you All the Best Matt and Quoll and Caramac are right the spring colours are lovely and a great time to be in the UK ,

have a safe flight,

Gail x

bring a brolly though lol!!!

Guest valleylass

Good luck and I hope Manchester is not too rainy for you. Northern England is having some lovely Spring moments which will hopefully become days....

Meeting a brother for the first time in 35 years, wow. What an amazing experience for you both.

Matt aka Woofyhugger

Good Luck Matt, I wish you all the best, but be warned comparing the notes is just the start of it............

Treat it as an aventure and you wont go far wrong

Once again good luck and best wishes

Geoffrey

Hey guys.

Just a quick one for now. I'm in London for the weekend before going to Manchester. I love it here. Spring is definitely here, lots of daffodils out. Love SOHO, heaps of cool shopping and eats. Love the pubs here. It's cheaper here than in my beloved Melbourne.

The only thing I can complain about is my arse getting sore on the long flight. But I'm loving the uk and missing my dogs and friends in OZ immensely.

Talk later. Off to nap before heading out tonight.

Hugs

Matt

Guest Guest37175
Hey guys.

Just a quick one for now. I'm in London for the weekend before going to Manchester. I love it here. Spring is definitely here, lots of daffodils out. Love SOHO, heaps of cool shopping and eats. Love the pubs here. It's cheaper here than in my beloved Melbourne.

The only thing I can complain about is my arse getting sore on the long flight. But I'm loving the uk and missing my dogs and friends in OZ immensely.

Talk later. Off to nap before heading out tonight.

Hugs

Matt

You're making me jealous mate!. London in springtime, the parks, the light nights, having a pint in a pub on the river. Happy days!

Guest chris955

I'm not a huge fan of London or cities generally but you are even making me jealous :laugh:As cities go they don't get much better than London I suppose.

Archived