It's time to go: Woofyhugger!

Woofyhugger

Hey guys.

Just a quick one for now. I'm in London for the weekend before going to Manchester. I love it here. Spring is definitely here, lots of daffodils out. Love SOHO, heaps of cool shopping and eats. Love the pubs here. It's cheaper here than in my beloved Melbourne.

The only thing I can complain about is my arse getting sore on the long flight. But I'm loving the uk and missing my dogs and friends in OZ immensely.

Talk later. Off to nap before heading out tonight.

Hugs

Matt

STOP!!!!!!!! Oooooooh, what I wouldn't do for a nice real ale in a nice pub on the river in Putney with my old friends.

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note. I am on the Virgin Train to Manchester as I type.. love the free wifi in first class.

I am loving the UK. Even the weather.. it's the same as Melbourne at the moment. Some showers, some shine, some grey, some blue. Just how I like it. And for me, it's jeans and a tshirt weather. Hardly worn a jacket.

About 10 hours sleep since wednesday when I flew out of melbourne, but largely to a bit of nightlife in London. When I get to Manchesterford, I will no doubt sleep for a week.

Hugs!

Hey Guys,

Just a quick note. I am on the Virgin Train to Manchester as I type.. love the free wifi in first class.

I am loving the UK. Even the weather.. it's the same as Melbourne at the moment. Some showers, some shine, some grey, some blue. Just how I like it. And for me, it's jeans and a tshirt weather. Hardly worn a jacket.

About 10 hours sleep since wednesday when I flew out of melbourne, but largely to a bit of nightlife in London. When I get to Manchesterford, I will no doubt sleep for a week.

Hugs!

Virgin Trains 1st class is great. There is nothing comparable ( even to the standard class for that matter ) for fast intercity travel out here.

Hi

You are making me feel so homesick!!! I lived about an hour away from Manchester,the shops,nightlife you can't beat it,then there's the countryside..... I could go on and on.... Godd luck in your new adventurei Karen

:chatterbox:

Hi

You are making me feel so homesick!!! I lived about an hour away from Manchester,the shops,nightlife you can't beat it,then there's the countryside..... I could go on and on.... Godd luck in your new adventurei Karen

:chatterbox:

The shops, the nightlife, just like where Woofyhugger comes from..................b

To all of those people who said I would hate the UK, that the weather is awful, it's expensive, etc etc.. All I can say to you is WRONG! I love it here. It's so much cheaper than Melbourne in many, many ways. The weather is what I am used to back home, drizzle, cool, grey, and even some lovely sunny breaks. I love it. To those who said Manchester is a dive and I wouldn't like it... Loving Manchester more each day. The city is amazing, way better than the glass walled tower blocks of Melbourne, which I also love.

Lovin It.

To all of those people who said I would hate the UK, that the weather is awful, it's expensive, etc etc.. All I can say to you is WRONG! I love it here. It's so much cheaper than Melbourne in many, many ways. The weather is what I am used to back home, drizzle, cool, grey, and even some lovely sunny breaks. I love it. To those who said Manchester is a dive and I wouldn't like it... Loving Manchester more each day. The city is amazing, way better than the glass walled tower blocks of Melbourne, which I also love.

Lovin It.

Hi woofyhugger, well been back now 8 days after leaving Melbourne, finding things cheaper ourselves, as for the weather its as you say like Melbourne winters with occasional sunny periods it certainly makes things seem more interesting, the people are warm and friendly I find, and its so rich in history and culture, the countryside is breathtaking and Im sure in the coming months it will be great to get out and explore it, Europe on the door step and great citys to visit around the UK, Manchester is a great city and we hope to get into it soon ourselves. Life is for living and I believe that being in the UK will give a very full and interesting life for all those that live here and embrace it. Glad your finding your feet and enjoying Manchester will keep posting now we are starting to sort things this end ATB Jason.

Guest valleylass

Good for you Matt, glad you're having fun. There are some great galleries in Manchester too if that floats your boat :wink:

Lovin It.

So whats the plan are you going to stay forever?

Indefinitely at this stage Essex. I don't have any forseeable plans to move back to Oz, other than visits to see my friends and my dogs.

Good luck mate I take it that you have seen your brother?

John

Good luck mate I take it that you have seen your brother?

John

Not yet my friend, he is in Spain playing golf (lucky for some) at the moment, so I will be heading back down to London in a couple weeks. I am pretty excited to see him after all these years.

Not yet my friend, he is in Spain playing golf (lucky for some) at the moment, so I will be heading back down to London in a couple weeks. I am pretty excited to see him after all these years.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Good to hear alls good so far

John

Archived