The BIG cover up. Will you be fooled?

kernow43

Government sources have revealed that next week's Budget – widely seen as a springboard for the election campaign – would not contain detailed proposals on bringing down Britain's £178 billion deficit.

Maybe they are too scared to say as they would get slaughtered!:arghh:

Budget 2010: Labour to put off spending cuts until after the general election - Telegraph

Government sources have revealed that next week's Budget – widely seen as a springboard for the election campaign – would not contain detailed proposals on bringing down Britain's £178 billion deficit.

Budget 2010: Labour to put off spending cuts until after the general election - Telegraph

Why is it a cover up? None of the parties have revealed how they plan on reducing the deficit. Doesn't matter who wins the measures are going to be unpopular. So on that note everything is equal amongst the main parties. Seems you've been to the Daily Mail school of sensationalist headline writing.

Why is it a cover up? None of the parties have revealed how they plan on reducing the deficit. Doesn't matter who wins the measures are going to be unpopular. So on that note everything is equal amongst the main parties. Seems you've been to the Daily Mail school of sensationalist headline writing.

Sorry but it was The Telegraph if you bothered to look at the link , I don't read the Mail. but it is normal for a budget being brought down to include it. Also if they don't it may very well affect their AAA rating.

Sorry but it was The Telegraph if you bothered to look at the link , I don't read the Mail. but it is normal for a budget being brought down to include it. Also if they don't it may very well affect their AAA rating.

I'm aware the link was from the Telegraph, after all I did read it. The sensationalist headline writing reference was to the fact you titled your thread "The Big Cover Up, Will You Be Fooled". Not to do with the fact the story was extracted from the Daily Mail.

I'm aware the link was from the Telegraph, after all I did read it. The sensationalist headline writing reference was to the fact you titled your thread "The Big Cover Up, Will You Be Fooled". Not to do with the fact the story was extracted from the Daily Mail.

Sorry, but I feel that by headlining it like that people might wake up to it, but I think most folk are over it and would rather bury their heads in the sand, or perhaps on their way to Australia and couldn't care a stuff!:unsure:

Guest shark

Sorry, but I feel that by headlining it like that people might wake up to it, but I think most folk are over it and would rather bury their heads in the sand, or perhaps on their way to Australia and couldn't care a stuff!:unsure:
i care:wink:

Guest shark

if the debt keeps going up,the pound will keep falling,so it in everybody interest ,especially those Brits that are moving to oz.

if the debt keeps going up,the pound will keep falling,so it in everybody interest ,especially those brits that are moving to oz.

also if they lose their AAA,and that could be a lot closer that some folk think,it will be a hell of a lot sight worse. I have a financial interest in Uk, so it worries me.

although anyone leaving the uk now will get a bad exchange rate its good for all of us who left last year and couldn't sell our houses and have to send money back and it should be good for exports and job creation for everyone that loses someone will win im here in sunny oz but still dont want the uk to fall on its arse its still a great country when you get here you will see some of the great things you left behind not all of it is good just like australia but there are great parts about boh countries and you have to choose which is best for you.

right now if you have a job in the uk you are better off with low interest rates and prices falling the interest rates are climbing here which is not so helpful if you want a mortgage.

Guest chris955

I read these stories all the time and to be honest it just just seem to be anti Government media nonsense. The UK wont disappear down a drain, it is the 3rd biggest economy in the EU and is able to ride out this storm just as it has in the past.

Guest shark

I read these stories all the time and to be honest it just just seem to be anti Government media nonsense. The UK wont disappear down a drain
i bet the British taxpayer wont be saying it nonsense when they are nailed with big taxes,to pay off the debt the government created.

i bet the British taxpayer wont be saying it nonsense when they are nailed with big taxes,to pay off the debt the government created.

Announced today, backflip already

Labour’s tax policy appeared mired in confusion on Tuesday after Alistair Darling’s deputy admitted that taxes may well have to rise if the party wins the election. :wacko:

U-turn from Labour as it admits taxes may go up - Telegraph

• 3 weeks later...
Here is a cover up that most know about but accept from this so called PM

Gordon Brown accused of cover-up over gold sale - Telegraph

Is this the man you would vote in again?

Why dont you worry who you aare going to vote in here in oz , wtf has it got to do with you what goes on inthe uk , sorry you have a financial interest , the pasty shop mite go **** up, Its elections so the papers are stirring up the **** as usual telegraph eg Tory bastards

Why dont you worry who you aare going to vote in here in oz , wtf has it got to do with you what goes on inthe uk , sorry you have a financial interest , the pasty shop mite go **** up, Its elections so the papers are stirring up the **** as usual telegraph eg Tory bastards

I would vote if I could. and it is a house not a pasty shop.

I can't wait for the time for Rudd to go also.

Tories make it, and Labor breaks it!

Guest bluebud

Kernow forgive me asking, I hope to be in Oz as you are and when I am I will not be bothered one bit what is going on in politics in Britain :eek: reading your posts you seem a bit obsessed, why not just concentrate on the government where you are now living>?

Guest chris955

You are certainly not the only one to notice this, it can make people feel better I suppose to hear bad news about where they left and at the same time ignore similar news from where they are now. I'm not saying that is the case here but a general observation.

Kernow forgive me asking, I hope to be in Oz as you are and when I am I will not be bothered one bit what is going on in politics in Britain :eek: reading your posts you seem a bit obsessed, why not just concentrate on the government where you are now living>?

Guest byron

I thought a large part of the debt was to bail out the banks and save everyones savings etc?

Guest chris955

Yes you are correct. In the same way our Government is borrowing a billion $'s a week for it's various stimulus packages.

Not obsessed but angry,also angry with this Rudd government, as I said when I am in a position to offload my share in a family home in Uk I will then have closure and won't worry a damn about the UK anymore. But I don't think it will be for a long time.

I did concentrate on politics here, back along I was secretary of the largest Labour party branch in Australia, then Whitlam and successors stuffed the country up

Along came Howard paid off all the Debt, and now we are up too our armpits in debt again. Queensland is bust. Wouldn't you be angry?

Archived