Should we send off pcc/meds now?

Becki

Not sure if anyone's thinking what i'm thinking or if discussed this already but...

I never frontloaded my meds/pccs and was going to wait patiently until they asked me for them but now it seems that people who've frontloaded their meds/pccs are getting processed before others so they don't expire, do you think it would be a good idea to submit them now? I know i'm in for a long wait (cat5) but maybe we'd actually get processed within 12 months if we did this...at the same time I don't want to waste anymore money incase they make more changes in future (OH is a cook!)...

Becki

Guest dragsterwish
Not sure if anyone's thinking what i'm thinking or if discussed this already but...

I never frontloaded my meds/pccs and was going to wait patiently until they asked me for them but now it seems that people who've frontloaded their meds/pccs are getting processed before others so they don't expire, do you think it would be a good idea to submit them now? I know i'm in for a long wait (cat5) but maybe we'd actually get processed within 12 months if we did this...at the same time I don't want to waste anymore money incase they make more changes in future (OH is a cook!)...

Becki

Hi Becki, we were thinking what you have been thinking too. If its really true that DIAC prioritise those who have frontloaded their med/pcc so that they don't expire, it would be unfair to those in the queue who has been waiting patiently for the request by the CO.

Given that the cost for doing the med/pcc isn't that high, i wouldn't mind taking this approach & go ahead to frontload the docu if it means getting the "priority". Its up to you whether you are prepared to lose the amount spent on the med/pcc if frontloading didn't get you the priority.

I believe the DIAC are only looking favourably at those who frontloaded before the 23/9/09 as it was the done thing. However, since the 23/9/09 they have made it very clear that it should not be done. I think it would be a big risk and if your application was post 23/9 I dont think you will gain anything. But of course like all things with the dear DIAC !!! time will tell !!!

We are taking the risk, just booked in for March for medicals. I do believe they are only processing those before 23/9 changes whose medicals were due to expire. However, we have sold the house and submitted application Feb 09. So if we are going by the DIAC saying 2011 hopefully our meds may still be in date by March 2011.

For us i feel it is the right risk, as if we dont start hearing soon after the meds have been submitted we are going to look for a new property to buy! Don't wish to be off the market for too long, and we need to continue with our lives!

Although a risk we feel have no other choice now, as we dont wish to be paying high rental charges. And they are extremely high by me!!!

I totally understand Shazney64 - we also sold our house but when the 23/9 announcement hit we decided to buy a smaller house as I want my daughter to have a home especially if we are waiting 3 yearsl. hopefully as your app was early 2009 you may hear soon - keeping everything crossed for you

Guest andy crawley

we front loaded are meds march last year, paid off for us, as for saying that there are only 3 of us, so cost us £600 for meds but on the grand scale of things most people blow £600 on crap through out the year, so why not blow it on something that might get your dream sooner!! but thats just me!!

Andy

Guest rachbarlow

I think we are going to wait till we are asked, or till we know what the SM plan is about............. I am not prepared to spend out anymore till I have to. I think as well with the new SM plan coming in force in July, maybe this is going to be the thing that boosts all us SS applicants along so we should not be that long off anyway getting a CO.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi

We are one of those cases that have just recieved a CO because of front loading med's but we applied for our visa Oct08 so i think we were due to be looked at in the process! we have been on this rollercoaster since Jan 08 lol

It is a hard one to call.....nobody knows what DIAC are playing at at the moment!

we decided to frontload our meds because we wanted everything in place when we was assigned a CO but up until thursday just gone we were thinking we were going to have to re do them as had given up hope & being told not to expect anything until 2012!

Sorry thats not much help to you but i think only you can make the decision!

Good luck on what you decide!

Lou xx

Guest Rickard Family
I think we are going to wait till we are asked, or till we know what the SM plan is about............. I am not prepared to spend out anymore till I have to. I think as well with the new SM plan coming in force in July, maybe this is going to be the thing that boosts all us SS applicants along so we should not be that long off anyway getting a CO.

Hi

there's me moaning about waiting since Jan 08 & your is 06:swoon: sorry that was really inconsiderate of me:unsure:

Hope you hear something soon!

Lou xx

Guest Rickard Family
there has been a reduction of the medical doctors as well, so there may be a big rush on for people to get medicals with not enough medical centres, hence more waiting time??

God they really do like to make it as hard as possible for people don't they!! has anyone else felt like it has been one wall after another!!

Lou xx

Guest rachbarlow
Hi

there's me moaning about waiting since Jan 08 & your is 06:swoon: sorry that was really inconsiderate of me:unsure:

Hope you hear something soon!

Lou xx

Haha!!!! Don't worry about little olde me!!! I don't mind. I have learned to laugh at this whole process that is why I am now only prepared to do things now when asked. If I don't laugh I drink wine!! (homebrew yum yum!!). However your application should be looked at soon so frontloading may not be an issue. I am just not prepared to do that. I am still convinced that the SM plan will push things along in the direction we want and should be and we won't be waiting till 2012!!!

you already have a CO!! so getting meds would not be far off anyway!!

Guest Rickard Family

:biglaugh: yes this process has definatley made be befriend the olde bottle lol just medicinal!! you know just to ease the stress lol

Lou xx

Guest Rickard Family

Is that to me or rachbarlow? sorry not sure lol....i'm not on the bottle now honest:biglaugh: if it is to me i just felt bad that i have had to wait so long & there is still so many people on here that have had to wait longer.

Lou xx

I decided yesterday that I am also going to get my meds done. Not because I want to 'jump the queue', but because I fully expect some movement on my visa in the next year. It's only $800 for the 2 of us, so is a risk I am willing to take. I want to make sure that when a CO opens my file, he /she doesn't need to request anything further.

Now, what are people doing about Police Checks? Are they also valid for 1 year? I know getting FBI check here can take 2-3 months, so I am thinking of getting them done now too.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi

Yes they are also valid for a year i think it starts from when they are finalized not taken.

Lou xx

Guest Magnetic6
there has been a reduction of the medical doctors as well, so there may be a big rush on for people to get medicals with not enough medical centres, hence more waiting time??

Hi

I'm not sure if the waiting times have changed but noticed you're in Manchester, we went to St John St and were really pleased with the service, Dr Million's a bit of a legend.

£695 for a family of 6, 2 adults and 4 children (under 10, think you might have to pay more for older kids) But looking at the prices that some people pay, this seems fairly reasonable.

Good luck with all your plans,

Natalie.

Guest man2010

Hi,am new to the forum. I am applying for ENS 121 and my agent advised to collect all the documents including police checks and go for the medical and then submit the application,which we have done. I am not sure if this is a good idea but I was hoping this will cut down on excuses for delaying the process

Magnetic6 - we're Manchester too so thanks for that as give's us a good idea of what we expect to pay... i think for me what the best idea is like what Rach said - to wait for the SMP to come in and see what that's all about and hopefully by then I may have an idea if this so called capping is taking place or not. By this time I think we should have a more realistic time of how long we should be waiting so would submit then as by that time it will coming up to a yr since we applied and fingers crossed they should look at it within the next 12 months anyway or it may speed it along if not.....

Thats if I don't have a case officer by then anyways..hehe wishful thinking!!

Magnetic6 - we're Manchester too so thanks for that as give's us a good idea of what we expect to pay... i think for me what the best idea is like what Rach said - to wait for the SMP to come in and see what that's all about and hopefully by then I may have an idea if this so called capping is taking place or not. By this time I think we should have a more realistic time of how long we should be waiting so would submit then as by that time it will coming up to a yr since we applied and fingers crossed they should look at it within the next 12 months anyway or it may speed it along if not.....

Thats if I don't have a case officer by then anyways..hehe wishful thinking!!

Some one else from good old Machester...Not, get me out of here, lol are you close we are in Whitefield

Proview

Archived