Back a Week!!!

Guest tlander56

Guest tlander56

Hi all,

Just a quick update!

We have been back in the UK a week...

Weather is lousy, bought a car that broke down on the way home from the garage, living at my parents (8 people in a 3 bed), .....

WISH WE'D DONE IT YEARS AGO!

It's wonderful seeing our children playing with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins,

people are so much more genuine and friendly..I could go on..

We decided this is the place for us...and can't believe we didn't realise how lucky we were before we left for Oz 4 years ago!

Tanya

Guest siamsusie
Hi all,

Just a quick update!

Weather is lousy, bought a car that broke down on the way home from the garage, living at my parents (8 people in a 3 bed), .....

It's wonderful seeing our children playing with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins,

We decided this is the place for us...and can't believe we didn't realise how lucky we were before we left for Oz 4 years ago!

Tanya

Congratulations on your move back, have a beautiful life folks:wubclub:Susie

Guest alistairirvine

great that you are so happy, i keep thinking about my baby girl and what she is going to miss out on with our family.Can i ask what made you return as we moved out here october? Happy life new beggingsxx

Guest valleylass

Hi alastairirvine

I don't know whether you've had an opportunity to look at the thread Register of those returning to the UK on here but this may help give a flavour of why people had/do/want to return. All the very best to you and yours

valleylass

Glad you have found the move to be positive. it just goes to show, there is a lot more to life than weather. I have now realised that. Stick me in a nice cozy british pub with my old friends, cold, dark , rain pelting down ...... ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're still positive after your first week back. Me, my wife and two daughters returned to the U.K. in 1999 and lived with my parents in a cramped , 2 bedroomed flat, 11 stories up ! It was what you might call "cosy". Still we managed until we got our own place 2 months later. We stayed in the U.K. for 2 years before returning to Oz . Still, we had some good times and great European holidays too. Just remember, summer's on its way and the only way is up.Good luck !

Hi all,

Just a quick update!

Tanya

Wait till you've been there around 4 weeks, everyone is fed up of you and the kids, the house will feel like it's shrinking.

Give us an update in a while.

Guest chris955

Good luck to you, I'm sure it will work out for you as it has for many others.

Hi all,

Just a quick update!

Tanya

Guest Dave53

All the best for the future ... A wise move I think , and one we should have done years ago and didn't, and have lived to regret it ever since .... Remember , it may be sunny in OZ , the beaches may be nice ... but at the end of the day, you can't eat sand , and nothing makes up for the distance between close and loving families ..

Dave..

• 6 months later...
Hi all,

Just a quick update!

Tanya

Interested to know how its all going? ...

Hi all,

Just a quick update!

Tanya

Welcome home tania , iam sure it wont all be plain sailing .......noe take a look at a map of europe .......its all here

Archived