Immigration question regarding complaints (Migration Agent advise needed)

Revival

I was advised by my agent that if i decided to pursue the track of complaining to higher authority such as local Oz embassy or Commonwealth Ombudsman regarding the processing mess and the HR countries that are not even on the processing map ( we were never on it in the first place :biglaugh:)).

They said this will cause a longer delay in my processing , since they will need to retrieve a hard copy of my file from DIAC to investigate causing me to fall out of the processing queue.

Any advise , thoughts or experiences are greatly appreciated??

Guest Gollywobbler
I was advised by my agent that if i decided to pursue the track of complaining to higher authority such as local Oz embassy or Commonwealth Ombudsman regarding the processing mess and the HR countries that are not even on the processing map ( we were never on it in the first place :biglaugh:)).

They said this will cause a longer delay in my processing , since they will need to retrieve a hard copy of my file from DIAC to investigate causing me to fall out of the processing queue.

Hi Revival

Ask your agent whether he has heard of the photocopying machine. Assure him that DIAC have heard of it and that they lease hundreds of them. Anything that DIAC need to send to anybody by post will be photocopied and the photocopies will be sent. They will NOT send their copy of their original, hard file to anyone else.

Pulling the hard copy of your file off the floor (where many are stored) in order to do some photocopying for the Ombusdman or whoever is likely to make DIAC more likely to notice any errors which they themselves may have made. Leaving the file to be ignored is not likely to bring any errors to light.

Why is your agent so reluctant to progress your application by writing to the agents-only e-mail address at the ASPC and asking them to tell the agent why there is a delay?

Cheers

Gill

If you have applied for a 'skilled' visa the local Australian mission can do nothing.

The paper tiger can do nothing about a ministerial decision and almost certainly will do nothing more than acknowledge your complaint in any case.

Your agent should be able to advise you which processing queue your are in and whether there is a strategy to improve this.

If you instruct your (registered migration?) agent to complain to a higher authority s/he must do so - if seeking Divine intervention was in your costs agreement.

Archived