Is there a must Buy before we go

Anderson

Guest Abi&Dan

Children's clothes, apparently.

I would say be careful of buying anything big, as I'm sure you know there are tax implications for importing anything under 12 months old - so don't keep receipts (and it is up to the importer to prove things are older than that if customs challenge it)

Hiya as ABI says id bring a few bags of kids clothes but get a couple of sizes up as i got one size up and by the time they got here,they dont fit her!!!i think the kids grow quicker in the sun ,if your feeling really generous a few copys of 'take a break 'mag and fresh mint tic tacs wouldnt go amiss ,oh and golden virginia tobacco for hubby!!! no seriously id get some mossie spray and suncream to start you off,and if your coming soon a fleecey dressing gown as its bloody frezzing at nights now ,,well not quite freezing 18degrees really but you sure do climatise quick.good luck with everything

Cal x

Hiya as ABI says id bring a few bags of kids clothes but get a couple of sizes up as i got one size up and by the time they got here,they dont fit her!!!i think the kids grow quicker in the sun ,if your feeling really generous a few copys of 'take a break 'mag and fresh mint tic tacs wouldnt go amiss ,oh and golden virginia tobacco for hubby!!! no seriously id get some mossie spray and suncream to start you off,and if your coming soon a fleecey dressing gown as its bloody frezzing at nights now ,,well not quite freezing 18degrees really but you sure do climatise quick.good luck with everything

Cal x

Hoping to be there end of july so if i remember ill get the mags

Tracy, to be honest if you are into handbags and shoes like me (mainly bags) bring some from the shops like river island, bay,monsoon&accessorize etc as i have been looking for a nice bag here in oz for the last 9 months and they are useless, you cant buy bags in the clothes shops like you can in new look river island etc you have to go to a bag shop which are few and far between. Galaxy chocolate if you like it as the choc here is awful !!!!

And if you like any boots products espec there no 7 make up range plenty of that as myers here use to stock no 7 but have stopped.

Good luck

Guest MarkandTrace

Hi I'm gonna put lots of t bags in as I know tea is not so good.If you like a good old cup pa you may not get one so thats what I'm gonna do.Pyramids or Yorkshire tea..cannot beat them.

Cheers.

Trace

Guest JRaj

For us....decent gravy....you can get it on the net but is something like three times the price.

Also kids clothes. We miss the quality/price and trendiness of the kids clothes. The nearest thing is prob pumpkin patch.

Oh yeah boxer shorts..... well expensive and not a knock on Next and Marks fit.

Bring some plug adapters (UK-AUS) for any electical items you might bring. We shipped our pc, with all the extras, lots of plugs. We brought a few UK 4 way extension leads, so we could plug our UK plugs into it, and just us 1 converter plug on the extension to plug into socket.

As somone else has pointed out, bring plenty of kids summer clothing, including sizes to be grown into, yes the shopping here really is poor!

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi guys:cute:

Australia has very strict regulations regarding the importing of food, and any food items brought in will have to be declared and inspected by Australia Customs. Lots of things are banned and will be destroyed.:unsure:

For further advice, check out www.daffa.gov.au .

Hope that helps.

Rachel x

MARKandTRACE just so you are aware I buy TYPHOO TEABAGS imported from the UK . Available at RITCHIE's (IGA) supermarkets:v_SPIN:

Also I mentioned VALANCED SHEETS in a different post.....unheard of here!!

Hedgehog ,,ive had my jeans and fleece on for the last few days ,i really am becoming a wimp,,we must have climatised really quickly ,i nearly fainted last night when i read june and july get ''cooler'' than now!!! me best be buying an elecy blanket i think !!!!

Cal x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pasty

Hi

Good luck with the move, remember that you can still shop on ebay and get things from the UK though postage might be a bit more than expected! I miss Next, TK Maxx and M&S for luxury stuff but you do adapt to different things.

Jackie

Guest KP Nuts

Mr KP here,

Anyone let me know what the pc, and pc game shops are like in Oz and what sort of costings they may have.

Or some really clever so n so could tell web addy, please.

Thanks in advance.

Mr KP Nut.

• 3 months later...
Guest liddylou

Definately do not bring any food items, even tea bags, as someone else mentioned you will get fined and it can be quite a lot of money, up to $2,000 (a very expensive cup of tea).

The only thing I can not get over here is DECENT CLOTHES I dream of Next !!!!

Oh and if you like a certain make of bras I would buy some of those as well.

Guest Helaine

spoke to my brother yesterday and they have found a supermarket in Majimba (i think this is how you spell it), that sells......English Cab choccie, hellmans mayo, heniz salad cream, HP sauce, pg tips, weetabix to name but a few, hes on the sunshine coast by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoanneHattersley

only thing i miss is UK MARMITE!

Lifes tragic without that ! Although I am adapting to life with vegemite

Archived