Guest guest36187

Congratulations to everyone with good news. Things are really hotting up now. Here's fingers crossed for DavidandGill so you can make the 6th June deadline. It's especially stressful when you already have a flight booked.

We can actually relax a little now as we had our visa grant letter this morning! So Steve if you are around can you update the tracker please? Such a relief as we can now fly on the 2nd June as planned.

We are hoping to exchange contracts on our house next week if all goes to plan - have got a surveyor coming in tomorrow so hope he doesn't find any nasties to put the kybosh on it! Got John Mason coming this afternoon to give us a quote. Just had St Rocco's charity round to take away some of our furniture which we don't want to ship. It's all go isn't it!

And to all those still waiting - hang on in there, you will get there eventually and the time does go a lot quicker than you think.

And congrats to you guys, too!

Steve: We had an extremely friendly letter from our CO extending our deadline to 30 June, and we have managed to reschedule our meds to 22 June, so fingers crossed!!!

Mike and Sue

Guest guest43653

CONGRATULATIONS to all that have received good news our best wishes are with you.

Hope it is all you ever dreamed of.

Sue

Yes, it's difficult not to get stressed isn't it? We have Masons coming next week to give us a quote. We can't book removals till we have our visa and they need two weeks notice! We won't be sure about selling our house till contracts are exchanged! And the second of June is getting nearer and still no visa email today.:arghh:

Hopefully the meds will be OK :wacko:and we're pretty sure they'll be asking for the money before 1st July so, as we now have agent's valuations, going to put the house on the market at the end of the week!:goofy: The first agent turned up in his Audi and tried the hard sell for over an hour. The one today came in his mini, answered all our questions and was far more helpful. He made us feel like valued customers not a marketing exercise. Know which one we'll be choosing!

PSS coming on Thursday and Masons did us last week - very impressed with them!

Juggling's fun isn't it? Nice to see so much activity on here now.:chatterbox: Off to lie down in a darkened room now for a while!

Congratulations to everyone with good news. Things are really hotting up now. Here's fingers crossed for DavidandGill so you can make the 6th June deadline. It's especially stressful when you already have a flight booked.

We can actually relax a little now as we had our visa grant letter this morning! So Steve if you are around can you update the tracker please? Such a relief as we can now fly on the 2nd June as planned.

We are hoping to exchange contracts on our house next week if all goes to plan - have got a surveyor coming in tomorrow so hope he doesn't find any nasties to put the kybosh on it! Got John Mason coming this afternoon to give us a quote. Just had St Rocco's charity round to take away some of our furniture which we don't want to ship. It's all go isn't it!

And to all those still waiting - hang on in there, you will get there eventually and the time does go a lot quicker than you think.

Congratulations on getting your visa, its a great feeling.

Good luck with the move.

Wilma x

May 10...we have a case officer !! Wow..so quickly not even a year. Son has his assurance of support meeting on the 27th. Any suggestions on good place to have meds? Congratulations to all those ahead of us boldly going ...etc. Just a quickie....I presume the year starts from the date on the police checks??

May 10...we have a case officer !! Wow..so quickly not even a year. Son has his assurance of support meeting on the 27th. Any suggestions on good place to have meds? Congratulations to all those ahead of us boldly going ...etc. Just a quickie....I presume the year starts from the date on the police checks??

The validation year starts from either the first date of Police Checks or Meds so it is best to post off your Police Check application form in the week that you have booked your meds so that the dates are as close as possible.

Hard to advise on good place for meds as you have not indicated where you live or which country you reside in. :wink:

Depends where you live (and price varies)

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

We went to Maidenhead and they were brilliant - one of the less expensive ones too.

Guest passingtime

:biggrin: Visa grant letter received yesterday what a nice feeling to finally receive it. Getting removal quotes at the moment anyones advic3e on companies would be appreciated. House sale due to be finalised early june so keeping fingers crossed there. Then book flights and start our new life in Perth. Will be ready for a rest then I think.:wubclub: sylvia

:biggrin: Visa grant letter received yesterday what a nice feeling to finally receive it. Getting removal quotes at the moment anyones advic3e on companies would be appreciated. House sale due to be finalised early june so keeping fingers crossed there. Then book flights and start our new life in Perth. Will be ready for a rest then I think.:wubclub: sylvia

Congratulations! We used PSS and couldn't fault either them or Australian Vanlines who deliver your stuff on this side. We also used Insure your move to cover our goods and chattels, much cheaper than using the removal companies insurance. If you would like to meet up with some of the other brave parents already in Perth find us on Facebook - Pips Aus. Just back from a very leisurely lunch in Hillary's with two of the other couples.

Cath

Congratulatiuons in the Visa great news

Wilma

Congratulations Sylvia. It's all happening isn't it? Good luck with the house sale. We are also going to Perth. Are you part of the Perth Poms

Guest passingtime
Congratulations Sylvia. It's all happening isn't it? Good luck with the house sale. We are also going to Perth. Are you part of Perth Poms

Not part of Perth Poms yet but will certainly have to sign up to it.

Hi there

We have the packers coming on the 31st May ,we went for Crown.

Can anyone tell me if any of you guys have taken a feather bed with you, the label says it has sterile feather in it, also can you take alcohol in the container as we have a couple of bottles we got as wedding presents some 17 yrs ago

Thanks

Wima

MANY , MANY CONGRATULATIONS Sylvia :jiggy: Hope to get ours around early july and also heading for perth. Which bit are you hoping to settle in? have you signed up to perth poms they have regular coffee meets etc, :chatterbox:

Hope all the rest goes well for you.

Hi there

Can anyone tell me if any of you guys have taken a feather bed with you, the label says it has sterile feather in it, also can you take alcohol in the container as we have a couple of bottles we got as wedding presents some 17 yrs ago

Thanks

Wima

Hi Wilma

On the packing and moving front I am so jealous. We are so near but so far, just got back from doing medicals. On the booze, I do not think their is a problem if you pay the duty on it, which may be quite high, so making it uneconomic with the shipping, BUT what price sentiment, we have just popped a bottle of bubbly from our 25th wedding aniversary when we got the case officer. Hoping the Daughter will buy us another for our 40th in July and save it till we get there, soon????

On the feather bed ring customs in Aus. I had a similar uncovered question and they were brilliant and patient.

Good luck

ps dont forget the time difference for office hours

Guest passingtime
MANY , MANY CONGRATULATIONS Sylvia :jiggy: Hope to get ours around early july and also heading for perth. Which bit are you hoping to settle in? have you signed up to facebook and pips in perth they have regular coffee meets etc, :chatterbox:

Hope all the rest goes well for you.

Not sure exactly where we will settle but will be somewhere in the northern suberbs as our children live in both Ridgewood and Ellenbrook so somerwhere handy to all will be nice hope all goes well with your visa and perhaps we will get to meet up in the future sylvia:wink:

Not sure exactly where we will settle but will be somewhere in the northern suberbs as our children live in both Ridgewood and Ellenbrook so somerwhere handy to all will be nice hope all goes well with your visa and perhaps we will get to meet up in the future sylvia:wink:

I have sent you a PM

Hi there

Thanks

Wima

Yes to feather bed, no to alcohol!

Hi Wilma

On the packing and moving front I am so jealous. We are so near but so far, just got back from doing medicals. On the booze, I do not think their is a problem if you pay the duty on it, which may be quite high, so making it uneconomic with the shipping, BUT what price sentiment, we have just popped a bottle of bubbly from our 25th wedding aniversary when we got the case officer. Hoping the Daughter will buy us another for our 40th in July and save it till we get there, soon????

On the feather bed ring customs in Aus. I had a similar uncovered question and they were brilliant and patient.

Good luck

ps dont forget the time difference for office hours

Thank you for your reply, not too bothered about the booze, if we have to leave so be it.... dont like whisky anyway ha ha, bet hubby wont agree though!!.

The way things are going lately you might be in OZ for your 40th in July, hope you have a nice time where ever you are.

Thanks Wilma