Guest guest36187

Hi one and all in the waiting room. I decided it is about time I popped in to say :ssign6:. We applied in December 2014 and were hoping to be on our way by Christmas this year! I don't think that's likely to happen now though:sad:

We will be moving to Melbourne when we eventually get there and I know there are a few of you also heading that way so maybe we can organise something at some point.

No doubt I will be on here with questions as and when things occur to me and also to vent steam at the Immi dates!!

Look forward to joining in with you all

Jan

Hi Jan

we are off to Melbourne on 30th June, sadly without our visa, owing to the delays it will probably be ready for grant around end of July to mid August this year, providing they grant us permission! If not we are off to Spain. Anyway if we get our PR we will be located down the Mornington Peninsular somewhere in the region of Mt Martha, Red Hill or Balnarring. Feel free to keep in touch.

Julie

My parents had a urine test, blood pressure check, HIV test, chest X-Ray, and general check of medical history. They do a mini mental test too -which screens for dementia. My parents both take medication - I think that is generally OK, as understandably people tend to take medications as they get older. It was good to have information about any health concerns/investigations etc that they had done on the last 5 years too. Alan Steel posted a good summary of the test, so here it is again:http://www.gdciq.gov.cn/CJSFW/Documents/panel-doctors-instructions.pdf

Hope that helps :cute:

Hi all,

just to add, we had a copy of the treatment summary for my husbands cancer treatment IN1981 that we took along to be on the safe side and the doc said it was probably the only existing record of his illness BUT that it was good to have included it because it went to honesty etc. and also in case anything connected with it came up in the future. If I was doing my medical again I would say 'if in doubt take the piece of paper'. One record we hadn't taken we actually needed but were able to email in later.

didn't do a mini mental though so maybe that varies according to which centre you use.

Edited by Fisher1

Morning all, hows the bums on those seats? :wink:

Thought we would share some pics as it is Karen's last day at work after 28 years with the Civil Service. Karen went in this morning hoping to slide away quietly, this is what greeted her.

KarenLastDay3.jpg

I have it on good authority that it's going to get messy from around lunchtime! Bucket anyone? :laugh:

KarenLastDay1.jpg

KarenLastDay2.jpg

KarenLastDay1.jpg

KarenLastDay2.jpg

KarenLastDay3.jpg

In the light of current pound/ Aus dollar rates, is it possible or practicable to open an Aus dollar account in England? I'm thinking about hedging my bets before the Euro vote and putting in some of the bond money we'll need in a year's time.

Hi Calmac

we opened an ANZ account while in we were in the UK, current account and online saver account. They paid an extra 1.8% on top of the usual interest rate for 3 months. we keep opening a new saver account to keep the extra 1.8. they tax you 10% on the interest you receive being overseas. Most people on this site seem to have Australian accounts and there are plenty to choose from

Roy

In the light of current pound/ Aus dollar rates, is it possible or practicable to open an Aus dollar account in England? I'm thinking about hedging my bets before the Euro vote and putting in some of the bond money we'll need in a year's time.

We opened an ANZ account, however, we sent our bond money across to our son, back in September when the rate was good. The reason we did this then, was we were advised that, should for any reason our visa application be denied, it can take time to get the cash back from the ANZ account. Not sure if this was correct, but as it was given at one of the "Down Under' events we attended, we assumed it was.

So, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the reply I received today after asking for the AOS letter today :sad:

Thank you for your email.

"I have been advised that the AOS letter was issued prior to cases being allocated to assessment just recently only for a handful of cases, where rather special circumstances existed. One of such circumstance involved a sponsor who was proposing to act as an assurer who was in her last weeks of pregnancy and asked for the opportunity to apply for the AOS prior to her due date.

In June 2014 we received a 4 months’ worth of applications, which was a consequence of the abolition of the Non-Contributory visas on 2 June 2014. In numbers, we are talking about more than 2,000 applications with around 3,000 applicants, just for one month. To put this in perspective, 3,000 visas make up over 40% of our annual allocation of places for the current year and the year 2016/17.

We are not prepared to start issuing AOS request letters in advance of application assessment to everybody, as we don’t have sufficient resources given the potential magnitude of the undertaking."

So, the wait continues......

So, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is the reply I received today after asking for the AOS letter today :sad:

"I have been advised that the AOS letter was issued prior to cases being allocated to assessment just recently only for a handful of cases, where rather special circumstances existed. One of such circumstance involved a sponsor who was proposing to act as an assurer who was in her last weeks of pregnancy and asked for the opportunity to apply for the AOS prior to her due date.

In June 2014 we received a 4 months’ worth of applications, which was a consequence of the abolition of the Non-Contributory visas on 2 June 2014. In numbers, we are talking about more than 2,000 applications with around 3,000 applicants, just for one month. To put this in perspective, 3,000 visas make up over 40% of our annual allocation of places for the current year and the year 2016/17.

We are not prepared to start issuing AOS request letters in advance of application assessment to everybody, as we don’t have sufficient resources given the potential magnitude of the undertaking."

Hi Moomin

my lodgement date is the same as yours and I have asked three times for hap nos and they won't give them out or AOS. You are really lucky to have been allowed to do meds. Judging by what they said to you we are all in for a much longer wait than we thought and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I'm now very glad that we made our decision to fly out to Oz on 30 June as we would have been waiting many months in Uk without anywhere to live. Whilst we are all waiting you would think that they could improve the facilities in the waiting room!?

Julie

Hi Moomin

my lodgement date is the same as yours and I have asked three times for hap nos and they won't give them out or AOS. You are really lucky to have been allowed to do meds. Judging by what they said to you we are all in for a much longer wait than we thought and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. I'm now very glad that we made our decision to fly out to Oz on 30 June as we would have been waiting many months in Uk without anywhere to live. Whilst we are all waiting you would think that they could improve the facilities in the waiting room!

Julie

I thought of you Julie when I got the reply from Immi! You have made a good decision to fly out, and at least enjoy being here while you wait!! You're right. We just have to sit here and wait it out I guess, but it would have been better to know this kind of detailed information without having to send begging emails! :daydreaming:

I thought of you Julie when I got the reply from Immi! You have made a good decision to fly out, and at least enjoy being here while you wait!! You're right. We just have to sit here and wait it out I guess, but it would have been better to know this kind of detailed information without having to send begging emails! :daydreaming:

Hi Moomin

Yes, you are quite right it would have been better to know this information. IMMI need to learn better communication skills. They have a weekly Test email why on earth don't they put a bit more info on there.

They mention lack of resources, they must be employing one person full time just to field all our begging requests for updates, hap nos etc. Ah well back to snoozing in the waiting room.

Julie

Guest geordie joe

Thanks for the update Moomin.

As Julie says they need to review the way they communicate and keep applicants informed of proposed timescales. This situation hasn't just occurred it happened nearly two years ago. The run rates from when we applied have grown from 18 months to over 24 months and this is before we get to the issue we have just found out about, so goodness knows what the new timescale will be. Had this information been shared sooner we personally wouldn't have left work and moved over when we did, but we did and we like everyone else will just have to wait.

Joe

Hi Joe

what gets me is that the update via Moomin says that the delay is caused by the influx of applications of 103's as they were about to be abolished. 103’s are not on the same processing times as 143's so how can this be the case? Any delay was caused during the receipting and acknowledgement stage.

Julie

There is a certain inevitability about increased CP parent visa processing times.

An increasing number of skilled visas means more parents are able to join their children in Australia.

It is hardly a surprise that demand exceeds supply.

I predict we'll now start seeing more onshore applications under subclasses 864 and 884.

Best regards.

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

what gets me is that the update via Moomin says that the delay is caused by the influx of applications of 103's as they were about to be abolished. 103’s are not on the same processing times as 143's so how can this be the case? Any delay was caused during the receipting and acknowledgement stage.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I've read the differently, I think they are referring to the 143/173 as they're saying 2000 applications for 3000 applicants which is 40% of the 2016/17 allocation, I hope I'm wrong.

Hi Julie,

I've read the differently, I think they are referring to the 143/173 as they're saying 2000 applications for 3000 applicants which is 40% of the 2016/17 allocation, I hope I'm wrong.

Hi Joe

It's difficult to second guess any info from IMMI, I don't understand why they treat everyone differently when they say they treat everyone the same. Look at the situation with meds and AOS, some people ask and get it, some people ask and don't get the letters. They told me I'd be contacted late June the last time I asked but if Moomin's reply is anything to go by it may well be September! These delays are really making the whole process of emigrating a pain in the backside! I don't think I've ever spent so much money and been treated to such horrendous customer service! Ah well rant over, back to waiting.......

Julie

Hello can anyone help,

we have been granted a e600 one year visa, and we are hoping our 143 visa will be granted within that year, and we would go off shore and then return to activate the 143 visa.

If the 143 took longer, can we extend the e600 visa on shore to then wait for the 143, and if so how long can we extend it for.

Lorraine

Guest geordie joe
Hello can anyone help,

we have been granted a e600 one year visa, and we are hoping our 143 visa will be granted within that year, and we would go off shore and then return to activate the 143 visa.

If the 143 took longer, can we extend the e600 visa on shore to then wait for the 143, and if so how long can we extend it for.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

When we came on the e600 visa we were informed by IMMI it had a no further stay clause as the maximum time allowed was a total of 12 months in an 18 month period.

Joe

There is a certain inevitability about increased CP parent visa processing times.

An increasing number of skilled visas means more parents are able to join their children in Australia.

It is hardly a surprise that demand exceeds supply.

I predict we'll now start seeing more onshore applications under subclasses 864 and 884.

Best regards.

Although I do understand what you're saying Alan, I do wonder how many people on this thread are actually entitled to apply for either of these two visa classes, as they have the added stipulation that you must be over the pension age to apply. A lot of the people on here, me included, are still of working age and can't get 864/ 884 visas.

Is it possible to convert from 143 to 864 mid application or do I have to start all over again with application, deposits etc.Just thinking of going over there and speeding things up by changing from one to the other and so of course will then be onshore.

Is it possible to convert from 143 to 864 mid application or do I have to start all over again with application, deposits etc.Just thinking of going over there and speeding things up by changing from one to the other and so of course will then be onshore.

Not sure about converting from the 143 to the 864 calmac, but we swapped from the 103 to the 143 this year and had to pay the first vac over again. I don't think immi give much away!

A busy couple of days ahead, pity only moving into storage at this time, I was hoping 2 years ago when we started the process to be out in Oz by now, but have decided to wait in Perth instead of UK. If the decision goes against us, then easy to move out of storage I guess.

Greens.jpg

Greens.jpg