Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Sharing this again, as we have now used them, and was really easy to use, and it means we now have an additional 60kg of clothing waiting for us in Oz. Well 3 t shirts, and some shorts for me, Karen had the rest!! Cheaper than paying excess baggage at the airport too!

http://www.sendmybag.com

well done for finding space for your 3 t-shirts and shorts

Sounds stupid and unlucky :(

We lost our passports

depressed :sad:

No it doesn't, it sounds as if you're stressed is all. I was in such a rush to get my application for police checks off that I put one address in the wrong place and had to phone them, then three days later got an email to say they couldn't proceed - I had uploaded black and white photos instead of colour - and ended up having to pay yet another premium to get the checks done in time. I couldn't understand how I had been so careless, but now I realise I was stressed to hell.

Try retracing your steps calmly - when did you last have them for sure - etc etc and remember if the worst comes to the worst you can replace them. There used to be an emergency service in Liverpool where if you turned up in person you could get them the same day. I bet if you work out a plan b they'll turn up. fingers crossed!

No it doesn't, it sounds as if you're stressed is all. I was in such a rush to get my application for police checks off that I put one address in the wrong place and had to phone them, then three days later got an email to say they couldn't proceed - I had uploaded black and white photos instead of colour - and ended up having to pay yet another premium to get the checks done in time. I couldn't understand how I had been so careless, but now I realise I was stressed to hell.

Try retracing your steps calmly - when did you last have them for sure - etc etc and remember if the worst comes to the worst you can replace them. There used to be an emergency service in Liverpool where if you turned up in person you could get them the same day. I bet if you work out a plan b they'll turn up. fingers crossed!

I don't think Harvi can turn up in person as the profile location is India! Any luck with the passports yet, Harvi?

@Harvi13 - my husband said check your scanner if been scanning stuff at home - worth a try! I think as you got your grant which will be attached to your current - even if lost passport - and will be automatically transferred to your new one. My daughter lost her passport soon after her gaining PR and she got new one at embassy in America which had her visa grant updated to with no problem. As I assume you are still in India then need to get new passports issued pronto as you will want to activate soonish. Hope that helps Kim

Fed up of waiting, booked flights for 30th june, IMMI say we can do medicals in Oz.

the countdown is on.

Julie

hi. Ditto - good decision - come join the party out here! Re Medicals we had ours done here - actually cheaper and even more so if good exchange rate. We went to Parramatta nsw and were amazingly efficient. Am sure where ever you are heading will be just as good. We have some investment properties and pensions in uk and loving exchange rate - when we came out we had 1.4 - painful.

Sat up in bed with my 4 year old granddaughter Cassidy eating cookies and watching Wizard of Oz AGAIN - paradise in paradise for me Kim

@Harvi13 - my husband said check your scanner if been scanning stuff at home - worth a try! I think as you got your grant which will be attached to your current - even if lost passport - and will be automatically transferred to your new one. My daughter lost her passport soon after her gaining PR and she got new one at embassy in America which had her visa grant updated to with no problem. As I assume you are still in India then need to get new passports issued pronto as you will want to activate soonish. Hope that helps Kim

good thinking Skeelsy! It's so easy to leave documents on the platen after scanning. Hopefully that's where Harvi will find them. fingers crossed.

Guest geordie joe
Fed up of waiting, booked flights for 30th june, IMMI say we can do medicals in Oz.

the countdown is on.

Julie

Nice one Julie, and when the visa is ready to be granted its a perfect excuse for another little holiday.

Have just arrived in Singapore on the way home from Sydney. Somehow I thought having had the visa granted it would make it less painful leaving ... Well it didn't. However, Ive just seen the news about the Egypt air flight that went missing today, so am counting my blessings. Thoughts with the people on that flight and their families.

Have just arrived in Singapore on the way home from Sydney. Somehow I thought having had the visa granted it would make it less painful leaving ... Well it didn't. However, Ive just seen the news about the Egypt air flight that went missing today, so am counting my blessings. Thoughts with the people on that flight and their families.

Perspective! As you say thoughts with all those involved

Hi All

I know some of you posted recently about Medicare, but can't seem to find it. To all of you out in Oz waiting for visas....... Can you tell me how quick the Dept of Human services sort out your Medicare card under the reciprocal agreement scheme and is there a form I need to fill out in advance? So frantic now, flights booked, short break booked to recover, grand tour of UK friends and rellies booked, Oz car arranged, it will be just my luck that IMMI get a wriggle on and want us to do meds before we go, list of all med centres in UK now added in case we get the call! Just got to advertise our car for sale and hopefully someone will buy it or it's down to we buy any car.

going for a rest.....and maybe a glass of something....

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi All

I know some of you posted recently about Medicare, but can't seem to find it. To all of you out in Oz waiting for visas....... Can you tell me how quick the Dept of Human services sort out your Medicare card under the reciprocal agreement scheme and is there a form I need to fill out in advance? So frantic now, flights booked, short break booked to recover, grand tour of UK friends and rellies booked, Oz car arranged, it will be just my luck that IMMI get a wriggle on and want us to do meds before we go, list of all med centres in UK now added in case we get the call! Just got to advertise our car for sale and hopefully someone will buy it or it's down to we buy any car.

going for a rest.....and maybe a glass of something....

Julie

Hi Julie,

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/3101

this is the form for a Medicare card, take it to your local Centrelink/Medicare office and they will give you a temporary card with the correct one following in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy your glass of something

Have a safe journey home, as you say it puts it all into perspective when you hear of dreadful news such as the Egypt Air Flight. Hopefully it won't be too long before you are ready to return to Oz permanently.

Julie

Thanks Julie. We'd be out there already but still have my elderly mum to sort out. My sister has promised to take over responsibility but it's still really difficult to leave. Talk about being pulled in two directions at once!

Hi

I know exactly how you feel, we had the same issue with my Dad, I couldn't contemplate leaving whilst he was alive despite the fact that my brother would take on responsibility. You are torn both ways and only you can say what is right for you and your family.

Good luck.

Julie