Guest guest36187

Hi can I ask, apart from initial application forms on the contributary parents visa, what other paper work needs doing?

I know there will be medicals and police checks but I just wondered once a case officer is assigned what other information and paperwork is required.

Just trying to be organised really x

the. One thing I wish I had done early was form 80. Not so difficult, just very time consuming and fiddly. You can download it from the aus gov immi site. When they do ask, they want everything set electronically, so you could have the whole thing done and stashed in drop box or similar as a pdf all ready to go.

the. One thing I wish I had done early was form 80. Not so difficult, just very time consuming and fiddly. You can download it from the aus gov immi site. When they do ask, they want everything set electronically, so you could have the whole thing done and stashed in drop box or similar as a pdf all ready to go.

Thank you for the information, is there any other forms we will need to look at?

Guest geordie joe

Morning all,

Last week we were having a coffee with Linda (Linda1962) and Clive regular posters on the forum, who told us we need to apply for our Medicare cards. Just thought I would share my recent experience when we went to Centrelink to apply for these. We downloaded the application form and completed this prior to going (something I would recommend) After waiting in line for 30 mins to explain why we were there we only had a short wait of 15 mins before being called. The lady went through the form no issues there, however when she looked at our passport it didn't have a stamp when we arrived in the country as Perth airport is now all electronic. At this point she asked did we bring our boarding cards and seemed a little perplexed when I said these were long gone. So unfortunately she said she couldn't provide us with Medicare cards as we couldn't prove we had arrived in Australia, at this point I was quite proud of myself that I didn't come back with the obvious sarcastic answer about siting in front of her being proof. Instead I mentioned I still had the flight confirmation email from Emirates which she said she would use in this instance and completed the rest of the paperwork.

Now I'm not sure if we just had a jobs worth although she was a very nice lady, but it may be worth keeping and taking boarding cards/proof of flight if your passport does not have an entry stamp in it when you apply for your cards.

Joe

(a very sad Geordie who woke this morning to discover we will be playing the likes of Burton Albion in the championship next season, so come on Immi and cheer me up with a surge in the assessment dates)

Had an email from immi this afternoon requesting dreaded form 80 and other bits. They wanted a new uk police check (they ran out in February) sent them an email saying they asked for it 10 months from lodgement date and we hadn't been in the Uk since February 2015. Replied in ten minutes saying not to bother with them. Now we wait for someone to read the form 80. 2 years to the day.

Had an email from immi this afternoon requesting dreaded form 80 and other bits. They wanted a new uk police check (they ran out in February) sent them an email saying they asked for it 10 months from lodgement date and we hadn't been in the Uk since February 2015. Replied in ten minutes saying not to bother with them. Now we wait for someone to read the form 80. 2 years to the day.

So pleased for you however it's unbelievably that in a whole week they have only got to 12 May from 9th where 10th and 11th was the weekend so no applicants processed then. On top of previous months progress of only 3 days. Words truly fail me.

Hiya, great news for you, not long now before you have that visa in your hand (or should that be "on your laptop" these days). Good to know immi have moved to at least 12 May 2014 too, and that means we don't have to wait another 24 hours for news of movement, fab! You must have been surprised/delighted to get that e-mail! And it's good to see they replied to your police check query so fast too.

Good luck on finalising soon!

Amanda

So pleased for you however it's unbelievably that in a whole week they have only got to 12 May from 9th where 10th and 11th was the weekend so no applicants processed then. On top of previous months progress of only 3 days. Words truly fail me.

Hiya, there was me thinking they'd moved at least 6 days - I had 6 May in my head as the last we'd heard but I think I must have forgotten about the last one then. Oops. They must surely pick up soon! I did think recently though, that with (I think) 7175 of 143's only per year, it's almost 600 files per month to deal with (I wonder if the same team deals with all other parent visas too) - rather them than me that's for sure! They surely cannot read every Form 80 either!

Amanda

Hiya, there was me thinking they'd moved at least 6 days - I had 6 May in my head as the last we'd heard but I think I must have forgotten about the last one then. Oops. They must surely pick up soon! I did think recently though, that with (I think) 7175 of 143's only per year, it's almost 600 files per month to deal with (I wonder if the same team deals with all other parent visas too) - rather them than me that's for sure! They surely cannot read every Form 80 either!

Amanda

Well it least I have only 11 days to go which at present rate means at least a couple of months!!

Well it least I have only 11 days to go which at present rate means at least a couple of months!!

I'll be pacing when we are that close - and yet so far at the same time!! Seems you're likely ready with everything so that's positive! We haven't been able to book our medicals yet - hopefully I can get our HAP ID's tomorrow - they did say mid-May we are welcome to ask again, tomorrow seems close enough... Friday 13th ;-)

I'll be pacing when we are that close - and yet so far at the same time!! Seems you're likely ready with everything so that's positive! We haven't been able to book our medicals yet - hopefully I can get our HAP ID's tomorrow - they did say mid-May we are welcome to ask again, tomorrow seems close enough... Friday 13th ;-)

Hi Amanda

i'm pacing the floor every Friday waiting for the update. Friday the 13th! :arghh:

It's got to be positive news as they are up to 12th May already,

good luck with request for Hap ids, Fingers crossed for a positive reply then I can also ask next week.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Immi up to 14 May today

Thanks for sharing Kim.

What a surprise, currently assessing applications 1 year and 364 days old, wonder if this mornings team talk was whatever you do don't let it go over the 2 year time frame.

Guest geordie joe
Nice surprise this morning, I have the AOS letter! :biglaugh:

Great news Alan, at least you can everything ready when they finally get round to you.

Great news Alan, at least you can everything ready when they finally get round to you.

Feels good this morning, even though been up since 4am!! Hopefully my lad can get this done asap, and then whenever it's our turn, everything should be all lined up for them.

Thanks for sharing Kim.

What a surprise, currently assessing applications 1 year and 364 days old, wonder if this mornings team talk was whatever you do don't let it go over the 2 year time frame.

Team talks? What are the consequences of going over 2 years? If nothing other than amending time scales on emails, and web sites, I'm not so sure anyone is that concerned by the 2 year rule. As had been said many times on the forum, they have an unprecedented number of applications to assess, and I'm certain they are working hard to get these done.