Guest guest36187

Hi

Good luck I hope you get a positive reply.

I reckon they'll say that due to unprecedented applications during May/June 2014 that progress will be slow for a while - I really hope that I'm wrong.

We're fed up waiting so have booked flights for 19 July in the hope that our timing and everything else works out.

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope Immi pull their finger out for all of you behind me in the waiting room.

It is worth the wait and I'm hoping for your sanity that it's a positive update this week.

I'll reserve a table next to the bar in Little Creatures :smile: for the 21st July :biglaugh:

We've just exchanged contracts on our house today with a 10% deposit (Big sigh of relief). Now we have a comfort blanket. Pheww!

Leaving Do May 1st

Dogs flying out on 12th May

Container 16th (packing 11th 12th 13th)

Completion l8th

Fly out Emirates 19th

Job Done........sounds easy when you write it down but it's absolutely manic.

I bet there is a bunch of you who would swop places......."Hang in there it will happen"

Good Luck to all.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL

Hi all

Arrived today and now sat here in our hotel room in Wellington, NZ. My phone has just beeped and our Agents have emailed me to say we have been granted our 143 :wink:. So with an enormous Wooooohoooo!!!! Maisie has left the waiting room.

Good luck to all those still keeping the seats warm, hopefully you'll all get the email you've been waiting so long for really soon.

maisie

Hi Maisie,

Off you go.

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!

What a lovely feeling.

Phil

Hi all

Arrived today and now sat here in our hotel room in Wellington, NZ. My phone has just beeped and our Agents have emailed me to say we have been granted our 143 :wink:. So with an enormous Wooooohoooo!!!! Maisie has left the waiting room.

Good luck to all those still keeping the seats warm, hopefully you'll all get the email you've been waiting so long for really soon.

maisie

Fantastic news - well done Maisie ! :jiggy::jiggy:

Now start enjoying your new life Down Under :ssign19:

Hi all

maisie

Yay!! Congratulations Maisie! Safe travels :laugh:

Guest geordie joe

M

Hi Julie and Tien- we asked for our medical Hap id numbers and have been given the letter to go ahead. My parents are in the process of making appointments etc :cute:

Hi Moomin,

Did you just ask for you Hap id or did you ask for the AOS go ahead letter as well ?

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

maisie

Now that's some way to start a life changing holiday, Woooooohoooo!!!! indeed Maisie, delighted for you.

Hi Julie and Tien- we asked for our medical Hap id numbers and have been given the letter to go ahead. My parents are in the process of making appointments etc :cute:

Hi Moomin

I've just had an email back from IMMI saying that they won't issue hap I'd numbers, police requests or AOS as it is too early for June applications!

Julie

Hi Moomin

I've just had an email back from IMMI saying that they won't issue hap I'd numbers, police requests or AOS as it is too early for June applications!

Julie

Hi Julie - I know I tried twice before I had any luck. I think it's a case of which person in admin replies to you :unsure: Maybe try again in a week or so? It doesn't seem very equitable though.

Tien - I only asked for the medical info in the end, as the AOS letter involves money and in previous replies they weren't keen to give me the AOS letter.

Fingers crossed for you both.

Hi Julie - I know I tried twice before I had any luck. I think it's a case of which person in admin replies to you :unsure: Maybe try again in a week or so? It doesn't seem very equitable though.

Tien - I only asked for the medical info in the end, as the AOS letter involves money and in previous replies they weren't keen to give me the AOS letter.

Fingers crossed for you both.

Yep i sent an email today asking for HAP, hopefully will get a reply soon for my luck. Will let u guys know.

Hi Moomin

Julie

Hi Julie, we are in the same boat it seems (lucky Moomin though :-) !!) I have asked twice, and explained that we are offshore, have to book a few days off work, flights, hotel etc and got the reply that they have already advised me that I am welcome to ask again mid-May, that they understand my situation but there were so many applications during May and June 2014 they are not issuing them this early because of the 12 month issue (errm, I am intending to go as soon as granted and have worked 3 months notice - long notice period I know!). They also said that they have travelled to my home island 3 times and so understand the logistics (but probably not how expensive it is going to be to book everything last minute plus two of us co-ordinating time off work at the same time.) I felt like I'd been told off haha! and now that's on my file, twice, I am not daring enough to ask again until mid-May! :-( I guess our hands are tied. If only they had not changed their system from June 2014. Still, we WILL all get there, it's a matter of time. All good things....

Take care,

Amanda

Hi Julie, we are in the same boat it seems (lucky Moomin though :-) !!) I have asked twice, and explained that we are offshore, have to book a few days off work, flights, hotel etc and got the reply that they have already advised me that I am welcome to ask again mid-May, that they understand my situation but there were so many applications during May and June 2014 they are not issuing them this early because of the 12 month issue (errm, I am intending to go as soon as granted and have worked 3 months notice - long notice period I know!). They also said that they have travelled to my home island 3 times and so understand the logistics (but probably not how expensive it is going to be to book everything last minute plus two of us co-ordinating time off work at the same time.) I felt like I'd been told off haha! and now that's on my file, twice, I am not daring enough to ask again until mid-May! :-( I guess our hands are tied. If only they had not changed their system from June 2014. Still, we WILL all get there, it's a matter of time. All good things....

Take care,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

thanks so much for your message, I was just feeling like a naughty child that had been told off by her teacher. We were also given the excuse that they don't want medicals to expire, we also need to leave straight away as we have no where to live past 15th June. Let me know when you ask again and I will be right behind you!

Waiting for medicals is not too much of a worry it's the AOS that is the pain in the ......!

Julie

Hi Amanda

thanks so much for your message, I was just feeling like a naughty child that had been told off by her teacher. We were also given the excuse that they don't want medicals to expire, we also need to leave straight away as we have no where to live past 15th June. Let me know when you ask again and I will be right behind you!

Waiting for medicals is not too much of a worry it's the AOS that is the pain in the ......!

Julie

Hi Julie, I'll let you know as soon as I get it - but perhaps try again end of the first week of May or so? I felt naughty too haha, and they don't sign off with a name either so it makes it harder to know if someone else. The AOS sounds a right pain to deal with too and not fast either by the sound of it - perhaps things have improved. Not long for you now then with your June date to leave your accommodation. We managed to secure a 6 month lease here which is quite unusual so we have until September there to get this all finalised. But I do remember that when I first applied (same time as you), we calculated we would be hearing about now that the visa has granted, and would have booked our one way tickets by now. That feels tough, can't wait to get there like you too! Sigh...

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Julie, I'll let you know as soon as I get it - but perhaps try again end of the first week of May or so? I felt naughty too haha, and they don't sign off with a name either so it makes it harder to know if someone else. The AOS sounds a right pain to deal with too and not fast either by the sound of it - perhaps things have improved. Not long for you now then with your June date to leave your accommodation. We managed to secure a 6 month lease here which is quite unusual so we have until September there to get this all finalised. But I do remember that when I first applied (same time as you), we calculated we would be hearing about now that the visa has granted, and would have booked our one way tickets by now. That feels tough, can't wait to get there like you too! Sigh...

All the best,

Amanda

Has anyone ever requested their AOS in advance, and been given the details? Just curious, as we travel 5 weeks today.

Hi Amanda

i notice form your timeline that you have completed police checks. We went to complete ours last week and we were a bit concerned about the question "do you have a case officer if so put their name on form" decided not to continue as worried that we might get asked to do them again.

I think I'm getting neurotic and should just get on with them.

Julie

Hi Amanda

i notice form your timeline that you have completed police checks. We went to complete ours last week and we were a bit concerned about the question "do you have a case officer if so put their name on form" decided not to continue as worried that we might get asked to do them again.

I think I'm getting neurotic and should just get on with them.

Julie

Get on with them :wink:

Hi Steve,

Hope Immi pull their finger out for all of you behind me in the waiting room.

It is worth the wait and I'm hoping for your sanity that it's a positive update this week.

I'll reserve a table next to the bar in Little Creatures :smile: for the 21st July :biglaugh:

We've just exchanged contracts on our house today with a 10% deposit (Big sigh of relief). Now we have a comfort blanket. Pheww!

Leaving Do May 1st

Dogs flying out on 12th May

Container 16th (packing 11th 12th 13th)

Completion l8th

Fly out Emirates 19th

Job Done........sounds easy when you write it down but it's absolutely manic.

I bet there is a bunch of you who would swop places......."Hang in there it will happen"

Good Luck to all.

Cheers

Phil

so pleased for you Phil, have a wonderful new life in Oz

Julie

@Skeelsy, did you get a reply?

Zilch. As on e visitor our 3 months up on Monday so another $1000 wasted flying to NZ and back. Let's hope they let us in as only away 24 hours and will be really unhappy bunny if then get CO and have to turn around and fly back out. Everything ready just waiting waiting waiting and waiting Kim