Guest guest36187

Does anyone know how much the assurer has to earn each year?

I tried looking at the website but I can't figure it out at all. In one place, $40000 is referred to as an example, but I can't find anywhere that states the actual figure. I think it depends on how many applicants are being sponsored, but I can't even find a figure for one applicant. :confused:

Hi all

The auto reply from the "Test" email to Immi today says they are now assessing up to the 6th December 2013.

I'm back on the forum after an enforced absence caused by BT messing up our Broadband into our rental, we moved in last week and the house sale is completed now.

Just want our visa's now - please!!

All the best

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Guest geordie joe
Hi all

The auto reply from the "Test" email to Immi today says they are now assessing up to the 6th December 2013.

I'm back on the forum after an enforced absence caused by BT messing up our Broadband into our rental, we moved in last week and the house sale is completed now.

All the best

Steve

Thanks for the Friday update Steve, great news that the house sale and move is all complete. I was hoping for more movement than the 3rd December last week to the 6th this week but they did have a bank holiday in WA so every little helps.

regards

Joe

Hi all

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve

welcome back, glad the sale went thro OK. You really are just waiting now!

As Joe says it's a bit disappointing that they,ve only moved 3 days, hopefully they will get a wriggle on and move into 2014 soon.

Julie

Hi all

All the best

Steve

Congratulations on completing the sale Steve2 a d thanks for the update.

:rolleyes:

Hi all

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for today's update and congrats on the house sale! Wow! From where I'm sitting, that seemed pretty fast but I guess you've been crazily busy for a while. Ous is yet to go on the market although we have picked an agent and had the valuation. We're getting some painting done first, then I'm off to Sydney next weekend (YAY!!) for a couple of weeks, so a bit more of a delay. Hopefully we will be lucky too and find a buyer quite fast - yours was very quick! Busy times ahead across the English channel...

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Steve, thanks for today's update and congrats on the house sale! Wow! From where I'm sitting, that seemed pretty fast but I guess you've been crazily busy for a while. Ous is yet to go on the market although we have picked an agent and had the valuation. We're getting some painting done first, then I'm off to Sydney next weekend (YAY!!) for a couple of weeks, so a bit more of a delay. Hopefully we will be lucky too and find a buyer quite fast - yours was very quick! Busy times ahead across the English channel...

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes I think it was 3 months from going on the market to actual completion.

We're now sitting in our rental flat, what we call our "transit lounge" eagerly awaiting some progress.

Hope you have a great time in Sydney, we're going over to Perth in January as our son is due to graduate which is something we want to see and obviously we don't know when/if we're getting our 143's anyway.

Have a safe journey and good luck with the house sale when you go on the market.

Best wishes

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Thanks for the Friday update Steve, great news that the house sale and move is all complete. I was hoping for more movement than the 3rd December last week to the 6th this week but they did have a bank holiday in WA so every little helps.

regards

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks for this.

Yes I was hoping that more progress would have been made this week, but out of our control isn't it?

Stress - what stress!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

welcome back, glad the sale went thro OK. You really are just waiting now!

As Joe says it's a bit disappointing that they,ve only moved 3 days, hopefully they will get a wriggle on and move into 2014 soon.

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes to all of that and thanks for your kind comment.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Amanda

Yes I think it was 3 months from going on the market to actual completion.

We're now sitting in our rental flat, what we call our "transit lounge" eagerly awaiting some progress.

Hope you have a great time in Sydney, we're going over to Perth in January as our son is due to graduate which is something we want to see and obviously we don't know when/if we're getting our 143's anyway.

Have a safe journey and good luck with the house sale when you go on the market.

Best wishes

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I obviously am very excited about going over on Saturday, and January will come around quickly for you.

"Transit lounge" - I like it :-)

All the best,

Amanda

It is sooo confusing, isn't it. The CPV is around 50,000 pounds for two.. You get your pensions if you move here but they are frozen at the amount you get before you leave so they don't increase with inflation over time from that point. The exchange rate to the Au Dollar is the best it has been for many years at the moment. It wobbles up and down a bit depending on who says what about China in any given day. They really advise not to sell your house until you get your visa, in case. My advice, for what it is worth,and knowing nothing else about your circumstances, is that if you are working out if you can survive or not over here, you are better to stay where you are, and instead come over regularly to see your family in non school holiday times of the year. Do you need the financial stress at this time of your lives? You will buy a lot of trips for 50,000 pounds. Good luck!!

It is sooo confusing, isn't it. The CPV is around 50,000 pounds for two.. You get your pensions if you move here but they are frozen at the amount you get before you leave so they don't increase with inflation over time from that point. The exchange rate to the Au Dollar is the best it has been for many years at the moment. It wobbles up and down a bit depending on who says what about China in any given day. They really advise not to sell your house until you get your visa, in case. My advice, for what it is worth,and knowing nothing else about your circumstances, is that if you are working out if you can survive or not over here, you are better to stay where you are, and instead come over regularly to see your family in non school holiday times of the year. Do you need the financial stress at this time of your lives? You will buy a lot of trips for 50,000 pounds. Good luck!!

Hi daughterK, some very good advice there, and relavant points. We are okay, we're selling so we don't have the stress of that at the last minute, not for the visa fee. We have a flat to sell too and have a buyer, so will be fine. Our pensions are not UK pensions, and are not frozen so we know we are very lucky on that point, plus a few private ones between us as well (I think I read something recently about possible changes to the UK ones, perhaps they will increase in future? That would be great for so many). I've not reached 50 yet, and my hubby is a just a few years over that mark, so many years of work ahead yet (we keep an eye on the job, house, and exchange rate situation constantly). I have a job contact already, but realise that may not come to anything. All pretty sensibly planned out, and I lived in Aus for 10 years, in the 80's and 90's, and we now visit annually (but I foolishly didn't apply for my citizenship!!). Of course, if it all falls through, we'll be more than devastated, but at least will be able to purchase again here. Fingers crossed it works out for all of us parents and we all get our visa's. I'm a rather boring realistic planner when it comes to these things, but hopefully the planning ahead we've done will pay off :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Hi

We have received some conflicting information around the temp CPV (173) from a couple of migration agents. So looking for confirmation from the real experts- PIO community!

Essentially we are trying to confirm Current processing times and whether my parents could visit on a holiday visa while their application is being processed? We are hoping the info they gave us on cost, applying for permanent visa and bridging visas are correct as they both said the same.

Cheers

Craig

Hi

We have received some conflicting information around the temp CPV (173) from a couple of migration agents. So looking for confirmation from the real experts- PIO community!

Essentially we are trying to confirm Current processing times and whether my parents could visit on a holiday visa while their application is being processed? We are hoping the info they gave us on cost, applying for permanent visa and bridging visas are correct as they both said the same.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig

My mil applied in Sept 2013 and has just received her visa in August this year so expect you'll folks will be waiting between 18-24 months unless they slow down further in which case it could be longer.

My mil visited on a holiday visa whilst she was waiting for her 173 so they can visit. If it's close to their visa being issued I'd suggest advising Immi as when they issue the visa they'll need to be offshore.

Louise

Guest geordie joe
Hi All

slight change to the TEST email today, on 143’s don't expect any change to 6 Dec for the next couple of weeks as they are concentrating on finalising those visas already undergoing assessment!

Julie:err:

thanks for the update Julie

If if you rely on flying over a couple of times a year, as I do, it would become too difficult in old age.

Hi

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig.

About 18 to 20 months as a rule for a 173, and yes they can holiday in Australia while the application is in progress.

See also here for timeline info: http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker3.php

173s are a tad quicker than the 143s as there is no Assurance of Support process required with a 173 application.

Best regards.