Guest guest36187

Thanks for the update Maisie. Good to know that I can still visit my daughter while the application is being looked at. Didn,t think it would take so long :(

Good luck to you & everyone else with your applications

Saz

Thanks for the update Maisie. Good to know that I can still visit my daughter while the application is being looked at. Didn,t think it would take so long :(

Good luck to you & everyone else with your applications

Saz

I know, the waiting is painful!!:wacko: Lots of nice and very knowledgeable people on here though so you wont be on your own, you'll be joining the waiting room along with the rest of us -chin up, we'll all get there.

maisiedaisy

Hi, new to the forum and checking out the posts. Noticed that Maisies applied for an on shore CPV and got it really quickly. Is it better to apply this way? devastated that it will take between 18/24 months to actually get to oz!!!! Will only be applying in June which means it will prob be 2017 before I get there, nightmare!! Also, if I apply for visa in the UK, can I visit my daughter this Christmas while application is ongoing? Had thought that maybe it would be quicker to apply while I'm there in Dec? Grateful for feedback.

Saz

Hi Saz.

Are you "aged" (as defined)?

If so, a subclass 864 visa application might be an alternative to a 143.

Here are the age requirements for an 864 visa (ditto for an 804):

Men must be older than 65 years of age to apply for this visa.

The age requirement for women varies, depending on when you were born. If you were:

• born before 30 June 1947, you can apply at the age of 64

• born between 1 July 1947 and 31 December 1948, you can apply when you are 64.5 years of age

• born after 1 January 1949, you can apply when you turn 65.

In case of interest: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/864.aspx

Best regards.

Hi

Did anyone apply for the Parent Contributory visa subclass 143 late 2013? It has been 18 months for my Mum and I am just trying to find out timeframes for anyone else as we had thought it would be around this? Someone recently told us they were 6 months behind. Anyone at the next stage/ can share their recent experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Perthpops

My Mum lodged at the same time as you. Just wondering when you had the medical request? We haven't heard anything since the acknowledgment. Sponsor money has been paid but have not got a CO yet. Would be interested to hear about your experiences!

Many thanks

Isabelle

Guest Petina
Hi

Did anyone apply for the Parent Contributory visa subclass 143 late 2013? It has been 18 months for my Mum and I am just trying to find out timeframes for anyone else as we had thought it would be around this? Someone recently told us they were 6 months behind. Anyone at the next stage/ can share their recent experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Isabelle,

Our lodgement date in 26th August and we are still waiting for a CO - which hopefully will be very soon. We have done the medicals, police checks and have paid the AOS. Nothing more to be done except wait for the CO. There was a delay of about 8 months last year which has held everyone up.

Very much a waiting game this, but hang in there!

Petina

Hi Petina

My Mum has done her police check but was told to wait for the medical - the recommended doctors in London said they wouldn't do it until it was requested? Can I just ask why/ how you did yours? I am wondering whether my Mum should just go back to get hers sorted.

Many thanks

Guest Petina
Hi Petina

My Mum has done her police check but was told to wait for the medical - the recommended doctors in London said they wouldn't do it until it was requested? Can I just ask why/ how you did yours? I am wondering whether my Mum should just go back to get hers sorted.

Many thanks

Hi Isabelle,

I have sent you a private message.

Hi Petina

Many thanks

Hi

You need a HAP number from Perth immigration before the Medicals can be done, the clinics will not book the Medicals without this number.

A lot of us who lodged the middle of 2014 do not have our HAP numbers as they are not given on our acknowledgments.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi Isabelle,

Our lodgement date in 26th August and we are still waiting for a CO - which hopefully will be very soon. We have done the medicals, police checks and have paid the AOS. Nothing more to be done except wait for the CO. There was a delay of about 8 months last year which has held everyone up.

Very much a waiting game this, but hang in there!

Petina

Hi Petina,

Could you let me know when you get your CO - our date was 31 August 2013. Yesterday I actual got a reply form the "immi" email and it is 23 August still.

cheers

Guest geordie joe
Hi

You need a HAP number from Perth immigration before the Medicals can be done, the clinics will not book the Medicals without this number.

A lot of us who lodged the middle of 2014 do not have our HAP numbers as they are not given on our acknowledgments.

Best of luck

Steve

Steve

I sent an email to IMMI explaining we are planning to travel in December this year on a 600 tourist visa with the intention of staying in OZ until our 143 visa is ready to be granted. We were hoping to complete our medicals in the UK in November prior to traveling and would it be possible for them to provide a HAP number. To book these. Unfortunately they have replied saying as our application has not been assessed therefore it would not be possible to provide this and we will have to wait until assessment before a HAP number is provided.

Joe

Steve

I sent an email to IMMI explaining we are planning to travel in December this year on a 600 tourist visa with the intention of staying in OZ until our 143 visa is ready to be granted. We were hoping to complete our medicals in the UK in November prior to traveling and would it be possible for them to provide a HAP number. To book these. Unfortunately they have replied saying as our application has not been assessed therefore it would not be possible to provide this and we will have to wait until assessment before a HAP number is provided.

Joe

Hi Joe

Well I suppose the good news is that they sent a reply, what a pity it wasn't the one you wanted!

Goodness knows how long it takes to get assessed.

Julie

Steve

Joe

Hi Joe

So they are not providing any HAP numbers now until assessment?!?! That's a choker isn't it and such a long time to wait, I think we must have been really lucky to have got ours! You can get your medicals done in Oz though Joe. I'm not even sure if someone said that it was cheaper.

maisie

Steve

Joe

Hi Joe,

just as a matter of interest, how did you get round the question relating to returning back "home". I read on the form that you have to say that you intend going back to wherever you came from when the 600 expires.

Cheers, Val

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe,

just as a matter of interest, how did you get round the question relating to returning back "home". I read on the form that you have to say that you intend going back to wherever you came from when the 600 expires.

Cheers, Val

Hi Val

I haven't submitted the 600 application as we're not planning to go until December. I will complete it confirming we do intend returning home which will be correct if for any reason the visa is not approved, I will however note we are waiting for a 143 to be assessed.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Well I suppose the good news is that they sent a reply, what a pity it wasn't the one you wanted!

Goodness knows how long it takes to get assessed.

Julie

Hi Julie,

I sent the email using the codes they provided on the acknowledgement notice, disappointed with the response but nothing we can do.

JOE

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

So they are not providing any HAP numbers now until assessment?!?! That's a choker isn't it and such a long time to wait, I think we must have been really lucky to have got ours! You can get your medicals done in Oz though Joe. I'm not even sure if someone said that it was cheaper.

maisie

Hi Maisie,

We were hoping to have the medicals completed before travelling just in case anything showed up, just being paranoid.

Joe

Hi Maisie,

We were hoping to have the medicals completed before travelling just in case anything showed up, just being paranoid.

Joe

I can understand that Joe, we felt just the same, what if this? what if that? It just goes on and on doesn't it!

Maybe now they've caught up with the acknowledgements they will start to make inroads into the rest of us waiting, hopefully they will start to reduce the waiting time

maisie

Hi Val

I haven't submitted the 600 application as we're not planning to go until December. I will complete it confirming we do intend returning home which will be correct if for any reason the visa is not approved, I will however note we are waiting for a 143 to be assessed.

Joe

Joe, I've got the form in front of me and I can't find anywhere to put that we are waiting for a 143! They ask if we have a 103 in progress but no mention of a 143! Would you put it on the back pages somewhere do you think or as a covering letter?

a confused maisie :confused:

Guest Petina
Hi Petina,

Could you let me know when you get your CO - our date was 31 August 2013. Yesterday I actual got a reply form the "immi" email and it is 23 August still.

cheers

Hi Oldun,

We also got a reply from Immi and it has been 23rd August for about a week now. As soon as we get a CO, I will post.

Regards

Petina

Guest Petina
Joe, I've got the form in front of me and I can't find anywhere to put that we are waiting for a 143! They ask if we have a 103 in progress but no mention of a 143! Would you put it on the back pages somewhere do you think or as a covering letter?

a confused maisie :confused:

That doesn't surprise me Maisie. Talking to people in banks, medibank, estate agents, as well as the general public - no-one had heard of a 143! When we mentioned how much it cost...... you should have seen their faces. Couldn't believe it!

We were lucky to have been given an HAP, so did the medicals early.

Petina

Guest Petina
Hi Petina

Wow fantastic news at last something is happening for you! Hopefully you will get your grant quickly.

Julie

Thanks Julie - and then sell the house!

Petina

According to the Immi - WE ARE BEING ASSESSED! Whoooohoo (that's for Maisie!!)

Petina

Petina - that's absolutely fantastic news, many congratulations and lots of whooohooo's, so very pleased for you xxxxx

So it looks like were running at 21 months still - Keep us up to date Petina and let us know how it goes xxxxxxxxx

maisie xx