Guest guest36187

Oh the joys of de-cluttering! We have got rid of so much stuff over the last two years, I've had to re-buy some of the items as we have had winters (clothes, coats, boots etc) and appliances which we held off buying due to the 12 months old rule for shipping purposes. All my CD's are packed away so I now live in a music free zone in the land of Limbo!

I'm sure we'll all get there in the end and in the meantime......keep smiling!

Yep we're all going through the same motions, one of our local esate agents reckons we could sell within a few months so don't know when to go on the market as it changes so much.

What is the 12 month rule to which you refer regarding appliances?

Cheers

Steve

Oh the joys of de-cluttering! We have got rid of so much stuff over the last two years, I've had to re-buy some of the items as we have had winters (clothes, coats, boots etc) and appliances which we held off buying due to the 12 months old rule for shipping purposes. All my CD's are packed away so I now live in a music free zone in the land of Limbo!

'Land of Limbo' :laugh: I love it Vava, perfect description!

I firmly believe that the clutter breeds whilst you're not looking!

Amanda, we have been here in Australia since Feb. On a holiday visa and just been granted our visa. Your CPV143 is just an application so will not interfere with the e-visitor.

Hi Andalog - was wondering which holiday visa you went out on? was it the 600 please? We've been thinking of doing of the same once the house is sold, although I think we would have to wait until there's about 10 months to go before they grant our PR Visa as I don't know whether they would renew a year's visa if we required longer than a year! Hope that makes sense. I'd rather wait in Oz with my grandkids that over here.

All help gratefully received

regards

maisiedaisy

Hi Amanda, Joe and all

Just an update.

We lodged our 143 on 1 July and the payment for the 1st VAC was taken this morning, so some progress at last, now the very long wait!

Joe:- you may be interested to know that they take payment up to 3:00pm Australian time, so about 8:00am over here.

A bit of a relief to now at least know that they did get our paperwork!

Steve

Hi Steve, good to know you've finally heard from them, it's a relief when you know all is in hand. I think because we still have the formal acknowledgement to wait for, it at least breaks up the huge gap before we are assigned a CO.

Maybe by the end of the year us June/July applicants will have moved to the next stage (hope so!).

Amanda

Guest geordie joe
Hi Amanda, Joe and all

Just an update.

We lodged our 143 on 1 July and the payment for the 1st VAC was taken this morning, so some progress at last, now the very long wait!

Joe:- you may be interested to know that they take payment up to 3:00pm Australian time, so about 8:00am over here.

A bit of a relief to now at least know that they did get our paperwork!

Steve

Hi Steve,

That's great news, thanks for the update. My phone is by my bedside waiting for the dreaded text from the bank, but it's great that things are starting to move.

What what is the 12 month rile?

Hi Steve, good to know you've finally heard from them, it's a relief when you know all is in hand. I think because we still have the formal acknowledgement to wait for, it at least breaks up the huge gap before we are assigned a CO.

Maybe by the end of the year us June/July applicants will have moved to the next stage (hope so!).

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Let's hope so - time does drag when you're waiting for something to happen.

What state are you planning to move to?

We're heading to Perth all being well!

Regards

Steve

What what is the 12 month rile?

Hi, We were told that if something is brand new or under 12 months old, customs can charge you import duty on those goods. Its a good idea to keep receipts to prove something is over a year old and anything which was a gift and under 12 months should be labelled accordingly.

The shippers will give you all these tips when they come round to evaluate and quote.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Val

Hi, We were told that if something is brand new or under 12 months old, customs can charge you import duty on those goods. Its a good idea to keep receipts to prove something is over a year old and anything which was a gift and under 12 months should be labelled accordingly.

The shippers will give you all these tips when they come round to evaluate and quote.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Val

Thanks for the heads up!

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

No worries - let us know when you get your money taken!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi All

Just had the dreaded call form my bank to say they have rejected the first VAC payment request and could I confirm it is a legitimate payment. Needless to say I wasn't a happy chappie with the girl on the other end of the phone in the banks fraud department. I've sent an email to the parents@immi.gov.au explaining and could they request it again however I'm not hopeful of a personal response. I was wondering if anyone has any other contact details of the immigration office in Perth, can't seem to find anything on the net.

:mad::confused::arghh:

A not very happy Joe

Hi All

Just had the dreaded call form my bank to say they have rejected the first VAC payment request and could I confirm it is a legitimate payment. Needless to say I wasn't a happy chappie with the girl on the other end of the phone in the banks fraud department. I've sent an email to the parents@immi.gov.au explaining and could they request it again however I'm not hopeful of a personal response. I was wondering if anyone has any other contact details of the immigration office in Perth, can't seem to find anything on the net.

:mad::confused::arghh:

A not very happy Joe

Hi Joe

First of all - don't panic.

I'm surprised that immi haven't emailed you telling you what happened.

My advice is to get your sponsor over in Australia to phone Perth telling them that you've asked for the payment to be cleared the next time they claim it.

Our card had expired and they called our son in Perth to ask him for his help, he contacted us, we sent him the new details, he phoned them back, we phoned our card company and it went through very smoothly from both ends.

Of course had they taken the payment back in July/August the problem wouldn't have arisen anyway but that as we all know is another story.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on

Best wishes

Steve

Guest geordie joe

Hi Steve,

Hopefully it's sorted, someone from immi phoned my son in Perth today and also sent him an email with their contact details. Although believe or not my son, one of the reasons we are moving half way round the world only remembered when we spoke to him about something else! So fingers crossed they will put the payment through tomorrow and I can forget about everything for at least a year.

regards

Joe

Hi Steve,

Hopefully it's sorted, someone from immi phoned my son in Perth today and also sent him an email with their contact details. Although believe or not my son, one of the reasons we are moving half way round the world only remembered when we spoke to him about something else! So fingers crossed they will put the payment through tomorrow and I can forget about everything for at least a year.

regards

Joe

Kids eh!!

We're heading to Perth as well'

Hope it gets sorted tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve

Hope this helps.

Cheers Val

Thank you. That's informative.

Hi folks, anyone know current timelines for case officer allocation.

we applied for joint contributory visa 143 end may 2013 recieved acknowledgement letter from immi via. Agent dated 14th june 2013.

anyone around our dates had case officer assigned yet, or what is the nearest anyone has.

Hi Amanda

Let's hope so - time does drag when you're waiting for something to happen.

What state are you planning to move to?

We're heading to Perth all being well!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, Perth's nice, but I guess you will know that already. We are going to Sydney. We love exploring Australia though, so will travel a lot over the years (although we will be working, I'll still be under 50 by grant). We have seen so much already, but not even the tip of the iceberg(?) really, and I lived there 20 years ago so am quite familiar with a few cities. We'll all be there before you know it, but the waiting seems it may take longer from this year.

Amanda

UPDATE

"Further Update: Senator Hanson-Young's disallowance motion against the Migration Amendment which ceased a range of visas including the non-contributory parent, aged dependent, carer and last remaining relative was successful.

Therefore, these visas can now be lodged again. There will likely be further information on this later today or tomorrow."

All being well, there should now be a 6-month window in which to file new applications under the previously closed Parent Visa classes listed above.

hey cass

Perth immi are currently processing march 2013 applications. It is currently taking 2 months to process 1 month applications, so i guess your case officer will be allocated around feb 2015. A friend of mine applied on 22 feb,2013 and his visa is granted :D

thanks Richard, agent told us 12-15 months to case officers on application, process slowed right down then, must be due to changes.

have seen some posts suggesting 18 months from application to case officer, which gives me about mid Nov. Looks like may be slipping further.

Hopefully if someone gets granted visa in near future or has just been granted perhaps they will advise there dates, that would help.

if it's taking 2 months to process 1 month they may not complete the years allocation by year end. That doesn't look good for next years applicants.

good luck all with applications

Roger

AOS- Assurance of support

Hey guys,

Can anyone here pls help me out with the Aos issue? :- :tongue:

1.When can i apply it?

2.What is the process?

3.How long it is gonna take to get it done ?

For your info:-

lodgement date- march,2013

visa- CPV143

p.s- im obsessed with this forum and i love how people are helping each other with their journey.Waiting can get devastating sometimes and when that happens, we come here to check how others are doing and all we can do is try to make each other positve and motivate lol.Im gonna keep u guys updated about my cpv stuff.

thank you and good luck with your applications guys.

richard

AOS- Assurance of support

Hey guys,

Can anyone here pls help me out with the Aos issue? :- :tongue:

1.When can i apply it?

2.What is the process?

3.How long it is gonna take to get it done ?

For your info:-

lodgement date- march,2013

visa- CPV143

p.s- im obsessed with this forum and i love how people are helping each other with their journey.Waiting can get devastating sometimes and when that happens, we come here to check how others are doing and all we can do is try to make each other positve and motivate lol.Im gonna keep u guys updated about my cpv stuff.

thank you and good luck with your applications guys.

richard

Richard

my understanding is once case officer is allocated we will be issued with Ref. Codes for the medical and criminal check, we will be given 28 days to provide that info. Once that is done case officer replies within 28 days and then requests AOS which again we have to get that done via sponsor within 28 days. Following that 2nd payment requested once granting approved.

this is rough max. Guidelines given to us by agent, however I have seen posts where people have managed to speed up the process and from case offer to visa has only taken 5 weeks.

the extended dates were given by agent when we were sweating over if house would be sold in time for case officer as maximum we could slow process by from case officer to having to pay 2nd and final fee.

thats my understanding, I'm sure others will offer other variations if experienced.

Roger