Do my Australian born children need UK passports?

Guest kktscot

Guest kktscot

Hi everyone

We are returning to the UK after 6 years in Melbourne and hope to leave in around 3 months.

Both our children were born here - if returning to the UK on a one way plane ticket do they require UK passports?

One child already has an Aussie passport, and we are both Scottish with British passports. But It has just occured to me that if on a one way ticket they may need UK passports.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as we seem to be cutting things a bit fine now!

Many thanks for your help

KKT

I am not sure of the rules, but I would say that they would have to fill in a landing card when they enter the UK and if they enter on Australian passports, they cannot just stay for an unlimited amount of time - much like coming to Australia on a British passport.....

I hope someone had a definite answer for you.

Love

Rudi

x

They would need British passports otherwise questions will be raised regarding their length of stay,regardless of your status.They will surely need British at some stage anyhow so no time like the present.

Absolutely they will - you cant just wander into any country these days on a foreign passport and expect to stay there indefinitely. It isnt a difficult process though - just download form C2 and get all the relevant docs and send it off through the Australia Post Office - taking 3 - 4 weeks from all reports at the moment.

Guest kktscot

Thanks so much guys for giving me such helpful information so quickly... got an answer in 20 minutes from this forum vs. the three days I have been trying to get an offical answer!

Also those timelines are not as long as I expected so it looks all good. Just need to magic up the cash for two more passports!

Many thanks again

KKTscot

Thanks so much guys for giving me such helpful information so quickly... got an answer in 20 minutes from this forum vs. the three days I have been trying to get an offical answer!

Also those timelines are not as long as I expected so it looks all good. Just need to magic up the cash for two more passports!

Many thanks again

KKTscot

That's what credit cards are for LOL! Dont leave it too late though just in case the timelines get extended!

Guest proud2beaussie

That's what credit cards are for LOL!
Really? My girlfriend keeps telling me credit cards are for shoes and handbags.:biggrin:

Really? My girlfriend keeps telling me credit cards are for shoes and handbags.:biggrin:

Credit cards do not have a limit..........they have a TARGET:laugh:

Archived