Who's going to Melbourne

Guest Abi&Dan

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ashmalog

hi moving to melbourne

have been on your site very impressive - we are looking to settle in berwick, do you have any contacts nearer to that area? the gumtree house looks great though where is it in relation to berwick?

still waiting for the visa so dont expect to go out until april next year.

hoping you can help

bonnie

Hi there we offer furnited rentals from £48 for the house for a night, www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk we also offer airport pickup and can take you out for the day looking at various suburbs and property for your longer term rent. There are a couple of people on here who have used our services and you can find out what they think here; Poms In Oz Thread

Hi Moving2Melbourne

Could you help for November to rent for a few weeks and we are looking at

anywhere near Berwick or Pakenham.

Thank You

Bella

Guest The Pom Queen
hi moving to melbourne

have been on your site very impressive - we are looking to settle in berwick, do you have any contacts nearer to that area? the gumtree house looks great though where is it in relation to berwick?

still waiting for the visa so dont expect to go out until april next year.

hoping you can help

bonnie

Hi Bonnie

Thank you for your email and comments:spinny:

Our short term rental is 20 minutes from Berwick so not far at all, it is priced at £48 per night and includes free airport pick up. In regards to a unfurnished 12 month tenancy, we have a few agents on our records in Berwick who are more than happy to work with expats:yes:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi there we offer furnited rentals from £48 for the house for a night, www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk we also offer airport pickup and can take you out for the day looking at various suburbs and property for your longer term rent. There are a couple of people on here who have used our services and you can find out what they think here; Poms In Oz Thread

Hi Moving2Melbourne

Could you help for November to rent for a few weeks and we are looking at

anywhere near Berwick or Pakenham.

Thank You

Bella

Hi Bella

Please could you let me know how many people and the dates you are looking at?

You can always pm me if you prefer.

Thanks

Kate

Guest ashmalog
Hi Bonnie

Thank you for your email and comments:spinny:

Our short term rental is 20 minutes from Berwick so not far at all, it is priced at £48 per night and includes free airport pick up. In regards to a unfurnished 12 month tenancy, we have a few agents on our records in Berwick who are more than happy to work with expats:yes:

thanks for that info - will contact you through your site. hoping you can help. thanks.

bonnie

• 1 year later...
Guest Les & Woz

Hi, We are leaving UK on 30 Jan and getting to Melbourne on 23 Feb (going on a holiday on the way). We hope to live somewhere on the Mornington Peninsula.

Les & Woz

Guest juliemtaylor
Hi, We are leaving UK on 30 Jan and getting to Melbourne on 23 Feb (going on a holiday on the way). We hope to live somewhere on the Mornington Peninsula.

Les & Woz

wow - we are going to Mornington and will arrive on 25th February!! we leave UK on 20th Feb (Singapore on way)! Have you sorted any accommodation out there yet??

Keep in touch!

Julie x

Guest Les & Woz

Yes we will keep in touch. Keep a note of my email : les.jennings@hotmail.co.uk We will have instant internet as staying with relatives so once you can get on line somewhere email us and we can swap phone numbers. We won't get a sim card til we get there so can't give a number yet!

Les

Guest juliemtaylor
We'd like to go to Mornington too, but fear its too far to commute to the CBD, where I'll likely be working. Can anyone give an opinion?

We have decided it looks like the kind of place we are moving for, OH likely to work in CBD as he is in IT, but has friends that commute everyday and say it's worth it! My OH commutes to Swindon here in Uk an hour each way now, we don't want to live in a city centre! Have to give it a go!

Julie x

We have decided it looks like the kind of place we are moving for, OH likely to work in CBD as he is in IT, but has friends that commute everyday and say it's worth it! My OH commutes to Swindon here in Uk an hour each way now, we don't want to live in a city centre! Have to give it a go!

Julie x

Yes, I'm in IT as well, not Java like your OH but Solaris (same vendor but a different role). Do your friends drive it & how long do they say it takes, we where in Melbourne on a reccie earlier this year & really liked the Mornington area.

Guest juliemtaylor

They drive to Frankston and take the train in from there - they leave early !! about 6am ish!! train takes 45-50 mins I think from there..

Hope you keep in touch then if you end up here..

Julie x

They drive to Frankston and take the train in from there - they leave early !! about 6am ish!! train takes 45-50 mins I think from there..

Hope you keep in touch then if you end up here..

Julie x

Hmm, not sure I fancy 6AM starts every day!

Yes, lets keep in touch, we're heading over for a reccie/validation trip when my current contract ends, could be anytime from late Feb. Planning to drive the Great Ocean Rd, among other things. Are you there already?

I am just waiting for my visa to be finalised. Apparently, it should take 10 to 21 days. I am transferring with my company and hope to be in Melbourne by the end of the month. I am coming out all by myself and will know precisely nobody when I arrive so keen to make friends (I am a 36 year old guy which is probably not obvious from my forum user name!!)

I am just waiting for my visa to be finalised. Apparently, it should take 10 to 21 days. I am transferring with my company and hope to be in Melbourne by the end of the month. I am coming out all by myself and will know precisely nobody when I arrive so keen to make friends (I am a 36 year old guy which is probably not obvious from my forum user name!!)

What line of work are you in & where are you going to be living Pond? I will be coming over with my Mrs.

I'm intrigued by the comments that CBD is commutable from Mornington & think I'll start a new thread on it.

Guest Les & Woz

We arrive on 23 Feb. Leave UK on 30 Jan and going on a holiday on the way. Hoping to live on Mornington Peninsula area but who knows where we will end up?

Les & Warren

Archived