Who's going to Melbourne

Guest Abi&Dan

Guest kelly.stobbart@sky.com

Hi all we have our visas and are looking to go within 6 motnhs , we are looking for hoppers crossing area as we ned to be able to communte to the city for hubby's job, any other ideas on areas? Maybe we could set our own little meet up if we exchange details, i have 2 young boys aged 7 and 4

Look forward to hearing from you xxxKellie

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SNAP!!! Now starting with the application process, and hoping to end up in Mornington too. Hubby, Steve, Jack (almost 8) and Callum (3 1/2) and me... Andrea (42 - Only on BIrth Certificate, though!!) You are more than welcome to come over for a BBQ and a beer/red wine, any time. Take care & best of luck with everything. Any advice you have, gratefully received this end! x x x

:yes:Hi andrea, how far down th eline are you know? we do have our visas but are probably looking at another 4-6 months i think could you fill me in on Mornington area it sounds lovely, originally we were looking to be half way between Geelong and the city for easy communting but am really unsure just want to find a nice area for my kids with good schools, Many thanks Kellie xxx:smile:

Guest sanders family

we are also heading of to victoria melbourne got TRA in august and got sponsored by victoria so hopefully will be out there end of year early next. So we would love to meet up

sanders family :)

we are also heading of to victoria melbourne got TRA in august and got sponsored by victoria so hopefully will be out there end of year early next. So we would love to meet up

sanders family :)

Hi, good luck with everything, i would love to stay in touch and meet up, if i get any more info i will let you know xx:jiggy:

Guest kinglouis

hi,

we arrived in Melbourne in november and have settled in Mornington/ Mount Martha. Its a lovely place with very friendly people. I f you like wine and beer, we would love to meet up.

• 2 months later...
Guest diannewo
Hi all we have our visas and are looking to go within 6 motnhs , we are looking for hoppers crossing area as we ned to be able to communte to the city for hubby's job, any other ideas on areas? Maybe we could set our own little meet up if we exchange details, i have 2 young boys aged 7 and 4

Look forward to hearing from you xxxKellie

HI we are looking to emigrate to oz hubby got job lined up in hoppers crossing so we will prob live in this area but we don't know anything about there so would be grateful if anyone has got any info:smile:

Guest diannewo

Hi sarah we live in wrexham north wales and we are looking to move to melbourne just wandering which is the best way to start the ball rolling.don't know who to go with as there are so many to choose from and advice costs also,if u can shed any light to help it would be appriecated good luck and hopefully see you in oz dianne

Guest diannewo

Hi deb just noticed you are child care co ordinator i have been a registered childminder for 8 years and noticed oz wants childcare co ordinators and wondered what i would need to become one and maybe get a job in oz doing this i was hoping you could give me some advice many thanks dianne

Hya,

We are moving to Melbourne in July. looking to buy in the Point Cook/Sanctuary lakes area. My OH is from the Northern Suburbs originally but we think you get more for your money out west and there is alot of investment being ploughed into these areas.

Can't wait-3months to go!!

:jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jacquiabinks

:Randy-git:Hey i am Jacqui moving to Melbourne in 4weeks:dull:Have a sponsored job moving to Epping/Lalor (Hopefully it won't be the pits lol) Put the house on the market on the 4th april sold it on the 14th (scary) OH and kids following me in 4 months so expecting to be lonely:no: but will be working full time as a Midiwfe so that'll keep me busy any advice about the area I am working in would be gratefully accepted

Cheers

Jacqui (46) David (46) Nathanial (16) Chloe (14)

Life is like a box of chocolates.....................I hope I love chocolates lmao

Guest Les & Woz

Warren & Lesley

Warren (sparky) - Lesley (freeloader) going to Melbourne (hoping) March 09. Mornington area if poss but haven't decided.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Les & Woz
hi,

we arrived in Melbourne in november and have settled in Mornington/ Mount Martha. Its a lovely place with very friendly people. I f you like wine and beer, we would love to meet up.

Hi there

We are hoping to come end of this year or by March 09. Have to be there by 19 march to validate visa. We have been looking at Mornington - any work for electricians around there?

Les

Guest Mel.R

Hi we are heading that way too - hopefully Geelong way by next July wud be just right for us!!!!

Mel, Jim (brickie), Charlie (chas, 12) and Harry (H, 10)

xx

Guest ashmalog

hi there, we are going on a reckie in 2wks and looking at berwick and narre warren. got a couple of job interiews arranged. 3 kids and hubby looking forward to it. got family and friends in the area also which is a bonus.

Hi Diannewo

We got our visa's with Go Matilda - absolutely fantastic company. Have you started the ball rolling yet? Fingers crossed house sale still seems to be going through. Still can't wait to get over there!

Hi Ashmalog

We loved Narre and Berwick, lots to do. There is also a dam in Narre where we went took some steaks and had a BBQ (free to use) lots of picnic areas and bbq's. We then went for a walk and saw loads of wildlife inc echnida's, kangaroos and loads of different birds. This time of year won't be hot enough for a swim but loads of people take bikes or have a stroll. Again when we finally make it out (hopefully July) we will be settling somewhere around Narre or Berwick. Loads of shopping in Fountain Gate Mall - even a cinema. Hope you enjoy your reckie and please post back with what you thought.

Take it easy

Sarah

Guest ashmalog
Hi Diannewo

We loved Narre and Berwick, lots to do. There is also a dam in Narre where we went took some steaks and had a BBQ (free to use) lots of picnic areas and bbq's. We then went for a walk and saw loads of wildlife inc echnida's, kangaroos and loads of different birds. This time of year won't be hot enough for a swim but loads of people take bikes or have a stroll. Again when we finally make it out (hopefully July) we will be settling somewhere around Narre or Berwick. Loads of shopping in Fountain Gate Mall - even a cinema. Hope you enjoy your reckie and please post back with what you thought.

Take it easy

Sarah

Hey thanks for that info, really looking forward to it. will keep a blog of visit so will keep all updated on what we think. not taking the kids so we will beable to get and see more hopefully.

Bonnie

Hey thanks for that info, really looking forward to it. will keep a blog of visit so will keep all updated on what we think. not taking the kids so we will beable to get and see more hopefully.

Bonnie

omg:err: how have you managed to get away with not taking kids you lucky things. we are hopefully going to melbourne area ish sept this year if house sale goes thro ok, not seen much of it when we went to validate cos we weregoing more up north of vic but our plans have changed. look forward to reading your blog:jiggy: have a great time

lisax

Guest ashmalog
omg:err: how have you managed to get away with not taking kids you lucky things.

lisax

I know we are so lucky not taking the kids although we will miss them terribly and our phone bill will be massive. got a wedding to go to and kids not invited so my

mum has agreed to have all 3 boys aged 10,7,2. got 2 days left at work then off for 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi we have our state sponsorship now for Victoria, our visa was submitted on-line on 26 March 08 had our chest x-rays on Monday and medicals are booked for 12th May. Just hope everything goes okay with them, hoping to carry on hairdressing once we are out there. (hubby and four children) would like to go to Melbourne but will see once we have visas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wallace

Hey everyone! We are hoping to be moving to Melbourne around October. Still going through the whole visa process etc. Any tips on removals agencies to use to move from the UK to Oz? We dont own any furniture, as in rented accommodation, so it would mainly be personal belongings and kitchen stuff. How much does it roughly cost? I know it depends on the size of the container etc and also how long does it take to ship things out there? Someone advised earlier about the possibility of shipping things out earlier, as you only end up buying new stuff once you are out there. Has anyone done this before?

Guest Peterjay66

Moving to Melbourne in a few days & going to work in a local hospita;, looking at renting around bayside area. Anyone know some good places to rent their ?

Have 3 kids and will be looking at child care, schools etc all advice welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nejpinkett

Coming to Melbourne for a reccie trip in August. We have our visas at last. Both of us are teachers with 2 children Ollie 8 and Jess 5. Hoping to get an idea of where to live when we get over there. plan to go for good in Aug 2009 - got to sell house and save some money. Will definitly be up for drinks!!!!

Guest Les & Woz

Hi

We are heading to Melbourne hoping March/April 09 - HAVE THE DRATTED HOUSE TO SELL FIRST!!!

Warren (electrician) Les (freeloader) Ralph (loves Pedigree Chum)

Kids - Harry (18) Sophy (21)

Just thought I'd jump on the Melbourne bandwagon too!! We (Hugo 39, Cecilia 36, Alicia 18mths & Digger the Boxer dog) hope to be heading Melbourne Sept/Oct. Company relocation on a 457 visa which hasn't been applied for yet but they seem confident in that timescale. Hope they're right as in expectation we put the house on the market Thurs last week and sold it on friday!! New family want to be in by the beginning of the school year so we'll have to camp with the relies for a few weeks. No idea where we're planning on settling in Melbourne yet but office is in South Yarra so got to be an easy commute. Assuming all goes to plan look forward to perhaps hooking up with some of you on the other side!!

Hugo

how much to ship dog

Archived