Who's going to Melbourne

Guest Abi&Dan

Guest Abi&Dan

Emma's started a thread about people going to Brissy - and I got jealous!!

Therefore decided to start one for Melbourne (or anywhere in Vic s'long as you're willing to come into Melbourne for meet ups :biggrin: )

To start it off

Dan and Abi - ETA January 2009 (I'd come sooner if it wasn't for this damn fixed rate mortgage and needing every penny!!)

Next! ...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

We're hoping to be moving to Victoria sometime in the next twelve months depending on sale of house (which isn't on market yet!) Not sure whereabouts in Victoria, it all depends on hubbies job hunting but definitely up for drinks in Melbourne. Got meds next week so presently filling out forms, when I can hold my hand steady that is.

Hope to see you there

Emma x

Guest Debs64

great idea Abi & Dan.

We are hoping to be in Melbourne in August 07 although that depends on the house sale going through ok. We are heading for Frankston South or Mount Eliza way. We don't have jobs to go to yet although it looks like job opportunities for Mick are likely to be Dandenong and I hope to work for local government.

look forward to meeting you all

Debbie

Guest cazb

Hi all

Thought I would add our details as we hope to be in the Geelong area by mid next year. In fact area will depend entirely on OH getting a job over there but we can all dream can't we!

Still waiting to hear from Teaching Australia reagrding skills but hope there will be no problem.

Looking forward to moving along this very slow visa process and eventually meeting up !!!

Caroline

Caroline - secondary teacher, Mark - civil engineer, 2 kids - 10 and 3 years.

Hi Abi & Dan

We are hoping to move to the Mornington Peninsula area later this year hopefully October time,dependent on Visa and house sale. Goes up for sale 24th May:shocked:

No jobs ,no house no family in Oz but hopefully some friends :spinny:

looking forward to Melbourneand the meet ups.:jiggy: :yes:

Neil,Tracey & Hayleigh

Guest Abi&Dan

That's great guys! I knew there'd be plenty (cos Melbourne's wicked :yes: ) but it's very nice to get the confirmation x

And Chelle - you'll all be welcome any time (I actually should have put just general going to Oz cos we're all going to have enormous pink mansions so we'll be able to put all vistors up any time :biglaugh: )

Guest JoolsB

Hi everyone. Husband and I Melbourne bound around Jan 08. :jiggy: Me-34, him-40-no kids just 2 small grumpy dogs! Looking at Mornington or Eltham as possibles. Hope the 'process' is going well for you all and would love to meet some new shopping :cute: and drinking buddies on arrival

Guest Rachel&Stu

We're coming too!:laugh:

Will be flying out (hopefully) June 08.

Will be renting in the Inner Eastern suburbs as that is where the TAFE College is. After that, hopefully more regional Victoria, but won't be able to see where we like until we get there!

Definitely like to meet up with the fab people I've met on here!:laugh:

Byeee

Rachel:cute:

Guest ozdreamer

Hi, we're off to Melbourne too, hopefully early 08. Me, hubby and 2 boys aged 13 & 10

We have just received our possitive skills assessment from the ACS this morning, so the visa forms will be completed tonight and sent to our agent first thing in the morning.

:biggrin:

Guest HPRYCE

Just thought I'd jump on the Melbourne bandwagon too!! We (Hugo 39, Cecilia 36, Alicia 18mths & Digger the Boxer dog) hope to be heading Melbourne Sept/Oct. Company relocation on a 457 visa which hasn't been applied for yet but they seem confident in that timescale. Hope they're right as in expectation we put the house on the market Thurs last week and sold it on friday!! New family want to be in by the beginning of the school year so we'll have to camp with the relies for a few weeks. No idea where we're planning on settling in Melbourne yet but office is in South Yarra so got to be an easy commute. Assuming all goes to plan look forward to perhaps hooking up with some of you on the other side!!

Hugo

Guest charlyandnick

Hi Guys,

Charly and I are devoted Melbourne fans too! We just wish we could get there sooner.

Heading for a final recce late this year or early next to decide on final location and general area that we fancy. I'm a coastguard here in the UK and am hoping to get into the waterpolice who do that kind of thing down under. Charly is a nurse and is still serving in the Royal Navy, I recently left. When she has done her time (another 18 months or so) we will be off as fast as we can!

Currently looking at the Point Cook area, but are open to wise and knowledgeable suggestions! We can be close to hospitals for her and not far from Williamstown for me, ideal.

Loving the PiO gossip and am hooked, just wish we could hurry up and be there.

Best wishes

Nick and Charly

Guest The "Biscuits"

Count us in to, hoping for Werribee area but depends on job location, want to be out there yesterday, but hubby thinks early 08. House already up for sale in anticipation. Got an interview booked for 11pm (UK) time this evening - Worried (yes). OMG

Debbie (42) Nurse, :policeman: Dave (46) Police,:biglaugh: Laura (10) Chatterbox

Guest 8788jt

Hi everybody

We are looking at the Mornington Peninsula, first choice Mount Eliza but may be priced out by the time we get there.

We would ideally like to be out there by the end of the year but we did only send the 136 visa app on Friday so more likely early 08.

Can't come soon enough.

Look forward to any get togethers.

Joanne :)

Guest Ange

Hi all

Ang 38, Gary 37 and Josh 8 will all be heading to Melbourne next year (or perth), a few comments about Melbourne weather is putting me off. We would all love to meet up for a drink or 10

Guest THE JONEZYS

We are lucky enough to already be here!!

Have been on the Mornington peninsula for almost 6 months and we love it!!!

BTW.............The weather has been fantastic in the time that we have been here!!

Lesley

Guest charlyandnick

Good luck with your interview Debbie! What hospital? Let us know how it goes?

Charly 25 (nurse), Nick 25 (Coastguard)

Guest jonseywife

Were all heading Melbourne way too ( we being Mum - multitasker & Admin. , Dad - Plumber & 4 kids 16,14,12 & 10 - professional tearways!!!!!!!)................ We want to settle in the Mornington Peninsular..... we're gonna live next door to Lesley!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

It sounded right for us, and haad everthing we wanted for us & the kids. Hope to be out later this year............... we can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all........ bring on those visa's!!!!!!

Sally-ann x

Guest Abi&Dan

This is all really great - hopefully be having regular PIO meet ups by the time we get there!

Can't wait to meet everyone!! (Busy day :wideeyed: )

Hi guys, hubby and I plus our 2 labs are emigrating to Melbourne. Got visas and got back from validation end of March. Really didn't want to come back. Would be great to catch up with you guys and hopefully make some friends before we get there. Now just need someone to buy our house in Anglesey, North Wales.

Sarah x

Guest Ange
Hi guys, hubby and I plus our 2 labs are emigrating to Melbourne. Got visas and got back from validation end of March. Really didn't want to come back. Would be great to catch up with you guys and hopefully make some friends before we get there. Now just need someone to buy our house in Anglesey, North Wales.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

On todays a place down under there was a family who moved from Wales to Melbourne and the place they moved to was full of the welsh! Besides your friends on PIO you are sure to make lots more.

Good Luck

Guest spock

We're headed for Point Cook hopefully early 08. ACS skills assessment has only been in a couple of weeks though.

I don't know if all the departments do this, but I have a user and password to let me check how it's going online. So far no one's looked at it, just debited my credit card.

The more time goes on, the more we imagine our new lives there, and the more we look at our current existence as temporary. It had better work out now!

The west side of Melbourne looks great. Lots of space, a couple of really good beaches at Altona and Williamstown, and it's in easy reach of Melbourne, Geelong and the Great Ocean Road. I can't wait to explore.

And because it's flat, we'll be going out cycling together as a family - it's all hills in the Yorkshire Dales! I like that a lot, but not for cycling.

Mornington looks lovely, but a bit far out of the City and a bit expensive. Might just have to visit PIO over there!

Cheers,

Spock.

Guest cazb
how did I miss this thread?

WE'RE COMING TO MELBOURNE TOO!!!!!!!

Heading for the Mornington area hopefully.

ETA September 2007

Hi Felicity and Michael

Can't believe that I have missed the fact that you guys are in Rushden - we are along the A14 in Market Harborough, heading for Melbourne next year!! I teach over in Wellingborough!

Good luck in your move etc

Caroline and Mark

Thanks Ange, hope this is the case. We are not that outgoing but are going to make the most out of it. Even said we are going to buy some bikes to go Roo spotting!!

Yea, the Davies' went to Melbourne.... The guy who loves the rock group Kiss. Wonder what happened to them and if they are still there.

Cheers..... Now can someone please buy my house! x

Archived