we got it ...

Guest destinationoz

Guest destinationoz

We've been granted our 176 SS visa on 23rd Dec - great christmas present!!

has thrown us ... the news of Sept 23rd was not good and after getting over the shock and writing to complain to Minister evans we set off down a new road but then .... the shock!!! we got the visa!!! brill news - we're really excited!!!

hopefully meet some of you canberra folk next year - even if we just come to stamp our visa's initially!!

Have a great festive season!:jiggy:

Wow, fantastic news... congratulations and well done. I think that is the best christmas pressie anyone can ask for hey!

Are your details on the thread; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html#post596344

Can you share your timeline, so I can add your details along with everyone else in cat 5?

Many thanks and merry christmas.

Tasha:holly2:

CONGRATULATIONS,

see you in canberra next year.

Martin & Nicki

Hi! may I know where in canberra is your choice? what suburb you are going to stay for good? We are also planning to come to Canberra on april 2010. Please share your ideas. Very much appreciated....Have a prosperous new year to everyone!!!!:biggrin:

Guest brizziebound

Hi keena,

when we arrive in jan/feb it is only for a reccie,we have some short term accom booked in Barton,close to capital Hill. We will be looking at suburbs/employment etc while we are there to look at a permanent move shortly after.

Reading through the many informative posts on Canberra suburbs should give you a good idea of the different areas,

We like the sound of Belconnen with suburbs such as Aranda, Cook, Hawker.If you look for posts by Quoll I am pretty sure you will find the info you require.

When We have returned from our reccie,I shall no doubt give a report/my point of view on what we have found, to try and be of some assistance to the many others moving to Canberra.

All the Best for 2010

Martin.

At long last... CONGRATULATIONS :)

I'm so happy for you and your family!

My parents and youngest sister are in Wanniassa which is a lovely suburb :)

You should drop my dad a PM (11026) i'm sure my parents will be more than happy to meet you guys for a drink when you get there on your reccie!

Squem x

• 2 weeks later...
Will work my timeline out and put on the thread - it'll be afdter xmas now!!

Thanks lots!

Hi Destinationoz

Have you managed to remember your timeline? I have listed below the info I have been putting on the other thread to give you an idea of what info others have put on. We would love to add you too:yes:

NAME: destinationoz

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:

DATE SS GRANTED:

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:

VISA GRANTED:

Hope you are still on a high and still celebrating! Have you any idea when you want to go?

Best wishes

Tasha:wubclub:

Guest destinationoz

Whoops!! Sorry I did forget!! the excitement and everything ....!!!

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 176 VISA APPLICATION: 19/08/2009

DATE SS GRANTED: 15/07/2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: 17/09/2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: The Visa has been backdated to the 23/09/2009 .... presumably the date we should've got it .... or the dreaded date .... either way - it means we need to travel to Oz to get our validation by 23/09/2010 - expensive but exciting!!!!

C/O:

VISA GRANTED: 23 DECEMBER 2009

As life's priorities needed to be re-evaluated following the 23 Sept we are now in the middle of a big house refurb ready to sell/rent when we go to Aus (thinking it was going to be 3 years) so we're going to finish that, go on an unexpected recci to canberra in July/August 2010 with a view to moving there 12 months later ....

It would be great to hear from some of who who have gone there relatively recently!!!! How's it going??????

Priority No. 5

ADDITIONAL INFO: The Visa has been backdated to the 23/09/2009 .... presumably the date we should've got it .... or the dreaded date .... either way - it means we need to travel to Oz to get our validation by 23/09/2010 - expensive but exciting!!!!

C/O:

As life's priorities needed to be re-evaluated following the 23 Sept we are now in the middle of a big house refurb ready to sell/rent when we go to Aus (thinking it was going to be 3 years) so we're going to finish that, go on an unexpected recci to canberra in July/August 2010 with a view to moving there 12 months later ....

It would be great to hear from some of who who have gone there relatively recently!!!! How's it going??????

Thank you for sharing your timeline. We really appreciate it. Like yourselves we too have had to change our future plans for now... but since these recent visas being granted to Cat 5 peeps we are just praying we might slip into this category too. We did not have a CO and did not do our meds when the Sept changes hit, but just praying they might have some room left for some of us who are also very close to the end! Time will tell hey!

Good luck with your reccie!

Tasha:wubclub:

Priority No. 5

C/O:

Thankyou for sharing your timeline, its really good for those of us still patiently waiting....:dull:

Could you tell us, did you have a case officer pre-23/09 & were you asked to do your meds & police checks?...:unsure:

Good luck with your house sale & BIG move

Guest destinationoz

Yes we did have a case officer and had been asked by them to get our meds and police checks albeit only a week or so before the dreaded announcement - we recognise we're some of the lucky ones - good luck to you all still waiting .... thinking of ya ....

Archived