Ahh! Is anyone else going after xmas?!

Poca&Dan

Hello all,

This post has no relevance to anything but am just desperate to chat about it and see if anyone else is feeling the same!?

We fly on 5th Jan, in 2 weeks we will be getting ready to land in Melbourne! I just seem to have come to a standstill! Not excited, not nervous, haven't even thought about it! I know there is a list of stuff I still need to do, but it would appear I am now in denial!

I think may be it's because it is xmas and I am so consumed with having a good xmas that Oz has been pushed to the back of my mind! It's crazy!:biglaugh:

Haven't been on PIO in a few weeks, thought I would just log on today to see whats going on, and all of a sudden I'm like OH MY GOD I leave in 2 weeks!....but still nothing, have that thought, then it goes again!

I keep thinking back to when we first decided to come out and it felt quite magical and adventurous, I'm so pleased that a year down the line, here we are waiting to pack our remaining bits and go!

Sorry for the rant, just wanted to get it off my chest! Good luck to all of you who are about to embark on this adventure and Merry Christmas to all!

Lou x:hug:x

Guest Lindseyf

Hi,

Yep we fly 28th December!!! we have had 2 leaving parties and numerous nights out. We will need a severe detox when we get there!!! My head is all over the place, nervous , excited, sad, every emotion you can think of we are packing our suitcases today and just leaving out clothes for the next 4 days!! Craaaazzzzyyy!!!!!!

Hi,

Yep we fly 28th December!!! we have had 2 leaving parties and numerous nights out. We will need a severe detox when we get there!!! My head is all over the place, nervous , excited, sad, every emotion you can think of we are packing our suitcases today and just leaving out clothes for the next 4 days!! Craaaazzzzyyy!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your family Lindsey, safe journey to you too.

Enjoy your last xmas in the cold.

Where you heading to.

Debbie

xxx

Guest Lindseyf

We are having our xmas in Dublin with family then we are off to Melbourne. We are staying with my uncle when we arrive and i start my new job on the 27th of Jan and Hubby has an interview on the 6th of January so very exciting stuff.

We are having our xmas in Dublin with family then we are off to Melbourne. We are staying with my uncle when we arrive and i start my new job on the 27th of Jan and Hubby has an interview on the 6th of January so very exciting stuff.

Great to hear that you have a job Lindsey, good luck to your hubby too for the interview.

Melbourne is on our list too,but not made a final decision on location yet. Hubby in IT so lots of jobs there for him.

Debbie

xxx

Guest kevinboomer

Wow just posted a thread about my feelings of this without reading yours glad I'm now the only one!! Dreamt and planned this for 2 years now finally upon us can't get excited at all even though all booked for the 28th January 2010!! Thought it was just winter blues, even though I love christmas and all that it brings (familys, cold weather, bills etc etc) Just can't get into the christmas spirit or emigrating spirit.....whats wrong with me!!!!

It will make sense soon I'm sure, bit of sunshine will sort me out!!!

lol Lisa xxxx

Wow just posted a thread about my feelings of this without reading yours glad I'm now the only one!! Dreamt and planned this for 2 years now finally upon us can't get excited at all even though all booked for the 28th January 2010!! Thought it was just winter blues, even though I love christmas and all that it brings (familys, cold weather, bills etc etc) Just can't get into the christmas spirit or emigrating spirit.....whats wrong with me!!!!

It will make sense soon I'm sure, bit of sunshine will sort me out!!!

lol Lisa xxxx

Hi, I know it is just really weird! I get a sudden pang of excitement but then it goes. It just doesn't seem real! Am having a lovely last christmas here! It has snowed all week which I like to think is for my benefit and I finished work last week so no worried of having to work over christmas! Having a proper christmas at home with the family, which my mum is really appreciating!

I don't know if these feels are normal or if it is just because it is christams and there is so much more to think about!

Had a little cry yesterday, but can't tell yuou if it is because I am sad, happy, nervous or just have PMT!!!

Good luck with your future plans and hope that it all works out for you!

Best wishes to everyone for 2010!

hia lou i know the feeling xmas is just the wrong time of year !!:wacko:

my hubby went a month a go as job lined up with immmediate start in melbourne

and we are hopefully following shortly xxx

and now trying to get rid off as much junk as we can before the move and shipping in more for xmas !!!!

good luck with your move you will be fine now for the adventure to start XXX

carole x

Tell me about it, been packing for the last couple of nights (flying boxing day) and saying bye to our amazing friends over the last few days has been really hard - we feel that we've wrecked our mates Christmas.

Coupled with concerns over baggage limits etc. means Christmas has been very much on the back burner, still New years eve will be something else!

Good to see your still on the way lindseyf, had been wondering what you were doing.

Rob

Tell me about it, been packing for the last couple of nights (flying boxing day) and saying bye to our amazing friends over the last few days has been really hard - we feel that we've wrecked our mates Christmas.

Coupled with concerns over baggage limits etc. means Christmas has been very much on the back burner, still New years eve will be something else!

Good to see your still on the way lindseyf, had been wondering what you were doing.

Rob

Rob

may be a little late in the day but if you are over by alot try worldwide-parcel services, I have just shipped 17kg by air (7 days door to door) for less than £100.

Enjoy christmas and make the most of it, best of luck in your new life

Michelle

We left 5th Jan last year, weird time, we had christmas with my parents then flew from there. Good christmas but closer the 5th came the more time i cried as it was the last time we would see some friends for a long time. Try to enjoy your last few weeks. as they say ' she'll be right'. have a good trip and try to enjoy the big adventure you are starting on.

Cant wait to see you and dan. Have a late shift on the day you land so will come and get you then bugger off to work.

Regardless of our experience over here i really am excited for you and cant wait for you to arrive here to start a new adventure. Im sure you'll not have the same experience as us and i'll be there to help through bad patches that are inevitable:eek:. lol

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. C you soon !!!:jiggy:

Guest siamsusie
Cant wait to see you and dan. Have a late shift on the day you land so will come and get you then bugger off to work.

Regardless of our experience over here i really am excited for you and cant wait for you to arrive here to start a new adventure. Im sure you'll not have the same experience as us and i'll be there to help through bad patches that are inevitable. lol

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family. C you soon !!!:jiggy:

Merry Christmas Kelly & Chris & family:hug: Love Susie x

Oh PS....when you do get round to thinking about packing could you get me some Aussie instant conditioner from boots please and 3 minute sachets?? LOL. Believe me you'll miss the little things!!!!. found some shampoo i like but yet to find a conditoner!

Guest barney1450

Hi

I leave on the 30th January and land in Melbourne too. I have had mad feelings - stressed with finishing work last week and trying to meet deadlines and targets, and feeling guilty I didnt achieve everything, but it was'nt without a fight. I am in cornwall with my mom, sisters for xmas and plymouth for the new year with my dad. I have had a lot of feelings of scared, anxious, exciting, but recently felt more emotional, obviously the day is nearing and I am going to miss my family. So I know how you feel. Have wonderful friends meeting me and I will be staying with them for a few months, but i really want to find my own place as soon as possible, so that all my furniture and personal goods are around me, which will ease the pain - i think!!!

Anyway good luck with the move and keep us informed.

Tonia xxx

I kind of wish that we had booked the flights for straight after xmas as now we have 8 days and am just counting, I know it will be hard, so just want to get it over and done with!

Good luck to everyone making the big move, ahhhhhh, can't wait! x

Archived