175 visa in and waiting! do we get a dog

shoolhouse

Ok a bit off the wall so to speak but we got our 175 visa lodged( applyed for) back in june 2009. Now after sept 23rd it's all gone wrong as we all know, well i don't want to put live on hold for 3 years so we want a dog but was hoping to do this when in oz.

Going to wait until middle of jan 2010 to see if there are any possible changes to the times given . if Not do i go for it or just keep waiting for that little bit longer...

Guest guest30038
Ok a bit off the wall so to speak but we got our 175 visa lodged( applyed for) back in june 2009. Now after sept 23rd it's all gone wrong as we all know, well i don't want to put live on hold for 3 years so we want a dog but was hoping to do this when in oz.

Going to wait until middle of jan 2010 to see if there are any possible changes to the times given . if Not do i go for it or just keep waiting for that little bit longer...

I'd wait a while considering the flack that DIAC is taking, There might be an about turn, particulalry as the economy is picking up. Even so, if you intend to come anyway, albeit later, the money saved on caring for the dog, flights, quarantine etc, may be better served aiding you in your new life, IOW, I would put the dog on hold till you get here.

kev

I'd wait a while considering the flack that DIAC is taking, There might be an about turn, particulalry as the economy is picking up. Even so, if you intend to come anyway, albeit later, the money saved on caring for the dog, flights, quarantine etc, may be better served aiding you in your new life, IOW, I would put the dog on hold till you get here.

kev

I would agree, expensive to take a dog to OZ, around £1,500 - £2000 all in I have heard. I'm sure someone will have more accurate costs.

Also if you want to rent to start with you will have more choice as many do not like pets and some may not be suitable. Best to wait till settled in new home (and probably less traumatic for the dog too!)

Things ARE moving on the visa front...........

its good you have a sense of humor, I feel so sorry for anyone who has been put in your position,has your visa been put on hold or do you have to apply again from the beginning???? best I think to leave your mate until your over here

best regards Lynda

its good you have a sense of humor, I feel so sorry for anyone who has been put in your position,has your visa been put on hold or do you have to apply again from the beginning???? best I think to leave your mate until your over here

best regards Lynda

Still got the visa application in. Just hoping to get it granted sooner than 2012!

Archived