Just signed up for my Police education course!

mr luvpants

Just passed another Oz milestone! I want to join the Queensland Police when we get out there and you need a certain level of education to apply.As I have not got a degree I have just signed up for this course Police Training - Queensland Police Service - College for Law and Justice Administration I am off sick at the moment (shoulder operation) so it will give me something to do. The funny thing is that as it is further education, my employer has half funded it. They originally said no as it was an Australian course so I appealed as the rules did not state that it had to be a English course!

So may not be in here as much as I am going to be a soap dodging student!

JOHN

Guest sh7t man no way
Just passed another Oz milestone! I want to join the Queensland Police when we get out there and you need a certain level of education to apply.As I have not got a degree I have just signed up for this course Police Training - Queensland Police Service - College for Law and Justice Administration I am off sick at the moment (shoulder operation) so it will give me something to do. The funny thing is that as it is further education, my employer has half funded it. They originally said no as it was an Australian course so I appealed as the rules did not state that it had to be a English course!

So may not be in here as much as I am going to be a soap dodging student!

JOHN

good luck mate hope all goes well:wubclub: hope to here from you soon--take care

• 5 months later...

Quick update!

Course all done.97% overall. Thoroughly enjoyed it and if anyone is thinking about doing the same as me then I would deffo recommend the company.

I have spoken to Queensland Police and as we have now have the 176 PR visa stamp in our passports, they are going to let me apply now and if I pass the paper sift then they will schedule my testing all within the same week. If it all goes to plan, I may have to travel to oz in the next few months and sit the tests but the upside is that when we arrive in December, I should start at the academy more or less straight away ( if I am successful).

Application form is all filled in and is being sent tomorrow!

JOHN

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Quick update!

Course all done.97% overall. Thoroughly enjoyed it and if anyone is thinking about doing the same as me then I would deffo recommend the company.

I have spoken to Queensland Police and as we have now have the 176 PR visa stamp in our passports, they are going to let me apply now and if I pass the paper sift then they will schedule my testing all within the same week. If it all goes to plan, I may have to travel to oz in the next few months and sit the tests but the upside is that when we arrive in December, I should start at the academy more or less straight away ( if I am successful).

Application form is all filled in and is being sent tomorrow!

JOHN

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thats great news John, a bit dissapointed you only got 97% but its better than nothing. lol.

I passed my psych test and they offered me the job, so we can go when we want, they say i can apply for any course in the next year.

cheers jim:wink:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well done to both of you, fantastic news!

John - My sis is in the police here in Scotland, according to her it was the best career move she ever made, and she loves her job.

Shaz

Hi Shaz

could you thank your brother in law and his mate for the help and advice they gave me, the info on the psych test was invaluable. I lost their e-mail addresses when my computer crashed and i was going to email them. If you could get them again i would like to e-mail them. If its possible could you pm me.

cheers jim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Another update!

Got an email this morning. Passed the paper sift and have been invited for testing 23 -25th June. Got to book flights now! Any one want a lodger for a few days :biglaugh:

JOHN

Hi John

great news is your lass going with you and how long are you going for.

Best of luck mate, i am certain they will snap you up.

jim:wink:

Nope its just me although a mate is making noises that he wants to come for "support". He will need to get a pass from his missus though. I will only be going for a week to ten days. I will need 3-4 days to get over the jet lag before I have the testing.

JOHN

Guest The Pom Queen

Good luck John, I am sure you will have no problems at all getting in. If you were heading for Melbourne I am sure we could have helped, although we are passing through Brisbane in a camper van if you want to share with 3 kids, pmsl.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys I leave the at 2.30 in the morning on Thursday to catch the bus to Heathrow. I will be staying with 2 PIO members whilst in oz: Nurse sue and hammer. Cant wait. Got the medical monday, Psychometric testing thursday, interview Friday and physical saturday. I fly home saturday afternoon!

Wish me luck!

JOHN

Archived