Just signed up for my Police education course!

mr luvpants

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well guys I leave the at 2.30 in the morning on Thursday to catch the bus to Heathrow. I will be staying with 2 PIO members whilst in oz: Nurse sue and hammer. Cant wait. Got the medical monday, Psychometric testing thursday, interview Friday and physical saturday. I fly home saturday afternoon!

Wish me luck!

JOHN

Best of luck buddy

i am sure they will love you.

jim:wink:

• 2 months later...

Well guys, I have finally go the results from my little visit to Queensland Police Headquarters!

Every part of the application stage is graded and then all the scores are added up and you are given an overall mark. Anyone above a C is put into a pool and then every two months the top 110 people are offered a spot at the academy. It seems that if you have at least a B- rating then you should be offered a spot.

Got my results last night and my overall score was an A-!!!!! So I am looking good to start on the Jan 31st 2011 course which is a month after we arrive. Lisa has had an interview for a Hospital on the Gold coast and they have gone for references so it is looking good all round.

JOHN

Wow, what a swot!! No but honestly, congratulations, thats a fantastic mark. Looks like its all coming together for you both, and being all booked up, you can plan it all perfectly. It was a good idea to sell and move into rented, then book flights in advance. Plenty of time to get sorted, and get jobs etc, and be able to commit to a date to start work, book rentals etc.

Where does that mean you'll end up - Brisbane or the Gold Coast?

Well done,

Shaz

Yeah good thanks. OH had a few chats whilst in Brisbane with potential employers and there could be a good opportunity on the Gold Coast but think we'd still like to live in Brisbane as have family there, so he may end up commuting, but we'd rent/buy near the highway so that it wasnt too bad a journey. There also may be opportunities in Brisbane CBD, so really will only know once we are closer to knowing when we can go, but at the moment, the house selling has gone quiet. Been on the market 7 weeks, with 5 viewers. None in the last week. Cant do much til it sells.

I loved the CBD in Brisbane, thought it was very cosmopolitan, and lots going on. I liked the GC but felt it was more like a holiday place, lots of tourists but only really saw the main beaches, not the quieter suburbs. Probably not seen enough to comment properly but as I've got a sister in Brisbane, will end up there.

Still busy trying to get shipping quotes, keeping an eye on flights, would ideally be out there mid November, but waiting for that elusive buyer!

Shaz

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Well guys, I have finally go the results from my little visit to Queensland Police Headquarters!

Every part of the application stage is graded and then all the scores are added up and you are given an overall mark. Anyone above a C is put into a pool and then every two months the top 110 people are offered a spot at the academy. It seems that if you have at least a B- rating then you should be offered a spot.

Got my results last night and my overall score was an A-!!!!! So I am looking good to start on the Jan 31st 2011 course which is a month after we arrive. Lisa has had an interview for a Hospital on the Gold coast and they have gone for references so it is looking good all round.

JOHN

Hi mate

thats fantastic news.:policeman:

Fingers crossed for you, i am sure you are what they are looking for.

All the best, jim.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Thanks Dude. You any further forward?

JOHN

Hi mate

me and Helen talk about it every so often and until a course starting date comes up we can't make THE decision, if that makes any sense, its supposed to be happening in the new year. She doesn't say yes' and she doesn't say no. She knows things are chronic here for the kids, regarding future good jobs with good pay and pensions and she is weighing it all up. If i get on a course we will have to move fast and we have talked about me going out first and setting everything up, finding a great house to rent we can afford about $2,500 per month and want a long term rental in a great area with good schools for the kids. I might have to crash at kevs place (itcouldbeworse) at first, he's got enough room its like a mansion with a fabulous pool. So we are still waiting and fingers crossed - we might still meet up for that beer afterall, it won't be from the lack of trying from me. Best of luck...........Jim.

Archived