Future of migration for existing applicants

Guest Glenn Pereira

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, can some one tell me what letters they are recieving please? we are in the group 5 with everything met , and we have not had any letters:unsure:

Hi Stevie

You are not alone, we have not had the letter either!

Its a letter from the DIAC explaining all the recent changes, I think someone posted it on this thread earlier.

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi, can some one tell me what letters they are recieving please? we are in the group 5 with everything met , and we have not had any letters:unsure:

FYI

Australian Government

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Level 4, 55 Currie Street Adelaide SA 5000 • GPO Box 1638 ADELAIDE SA 5001

Telephone: + 61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia) • 1300 364 613 (within Australia)

20 November 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Priority Processing Arrangements

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has, in accordance with Section 499 of the Migration Act 1958, given a Direction setting processing priorities for certain skilled migration visa applications. This Direction applies from 23 September 2009 to all skilled migration applications, including those in the final stages of processing.

The Direction gives priority to employer sponsored applicants and to applicants who have a nominated occupation which is in critical need, and are either sponsored by a State/Territory government or by a family member.

Section 51 of the Migration Act 1958 contains powers by which the Minister can consider and finalise visa applications in an order of priority that the Minister considers appropriate. Officers of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are bound to follow this Ministerial Direction which applies to every stage of visa processing.

All General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas are subject to the processing priorities set out in Direction 42 Order of consideration – certain Skilled Migration visas, except for:

•Skilled – Recognised Graduate Subclass 476;

•Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored Subclass 883;

•Skilled – Regional Subclass 887.

These applications will continue to be processed in the order in which they were received by the Department.

The Direction gives the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first):

applications from persons who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme;

applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory government and have nominated an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL);

applications from persons who are sponsored by family and who have nominated an occupation on the CSL;

applications from persons who are neither nominated nor sponsored but who have nominated an occupation on the CSL;

applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory government and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL;

(i) applications from persons who have nominated an occupation that is listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL); and (ii) applications from persons who are sponsored by family and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL;

all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

The CSL is a list of occupations developed in response to the changing critical skills needs of Australia. The CSL can be found on the Department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

This new Processing Priority Direction replaces the previous Processing Priority Direction which commenced on 1 January 2009.

The processing priority arrangements change the order in which applications are processed and the length of time it will take to finalise applications. However, these changes have not affected the requirements to be satisfied for the grant of a visa.

As the economic situation changes, the Government will review its measures to ensure that the program target and objectives are achieved.

How are you affected?

As your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and can not be changed.

The priority processing arrangements apply to all applications, irrespective of the date your application was lodged; whether health and character clearances have been provided or your application is in the final stages of processing or your nominated occupation was previously on the CSL.

Please note that these application processing times are based on the current visa application rate, the Processing Priority Direction (in effect from 23 September 2009), and the availability of places in the Migration Program.

You will be contacted when your visa application is re-allocated to a case officer. Please do not contact the Department to request your application be exempt from the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s Priority Processing Direction as case officers must adhere to the Minister’s Direction.

Processing priorities are subject to change. Any changes to these priorities or processing times will be updated on the Department’s website. See: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Providing outstanding documents

If you were previously requested to undergo further health and character checks but have not yet initiated these, you should not proceed until a further request is made by the Department.

If you have already undergone your health and character checks, these should be forwarded to the Department. However, processing of your application will not be finalised until further notice.

Unless you are advising the Department of a change in your personal circumstances (for example, changes to address, contact details or family composition) no further documentation should be provided by you until your case officer contacts you.

Your visa status

For Offshore GSM applicants (subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 175, 176, 475, 495 (offshore), and 496) who are in Australia, bridging visas are not applicable to your application. To remain lawfully in Australia you will need to ensure you continue to hold a visa (such as a Tourist or Student visa).

Can I provide a new skills assessment?

If you obtain a new skills assessment for an occupation included on the CSL, this can only be considered with a new application. You must ensure you meet the legislative criteria in place at the time of lodgement. Any new application will require a new Visa Application Charge (VAC).

Can I withdraw my application and get a refund of my Visa Application Charge (VAC)?

If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise the department in writing. This advice can include any number of applicants but must be signed by each person aged 18 years and over.

You may seek a refund of the VAC; however legislation provides only limited circumstances in which refunds may be given. A VAC is usually only refunded when an application is deemed unnecessary or was made as a result of a mistake by either the applicant or the Department.

A refund will not be given in circumstances where an applicant considers a ‘mistake’ was made because they:

changed their mind;

do not satisfy a criterion for visa grant; or

do not wish to proceed with their application because it will take longer to process than expected.

Where can I get further information?

The case officer previously assigned to your application will no longer be able to assist with enquiries about your application.

Information on skilled visa processing is updated regularly and can be obtained by sending a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Adelaide) or gsmb.information@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Brisbane). This is an automated email service.

Further advice and information concerning priority processing arrangements and other changes to General Skilled Migration visas is available on the Department’s website at: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Yours sincerely

Case Officer

General Skilled Migration

GSM Adelaide

Phone: +61

Hope this help. (just cut and paste though from the original file):wink:

FYI

Australian Government

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Level 4, 55 Currie Street Adelaide SA 5000 • GPO Box 1638 ADELAIDE SA 5001

Telephone: + 61 1300 364 613 (outside Australia) • 1300 364 613 (within Australia)

20 November 2009

Dear Sir/Madam

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Priority Processing Arrangements

The Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans, has, in accordance with Section 499 of the Migration Act 1958, given a Direction setting processing priorities for certain skilled migration visa applications. This Direction applies from 23 September 2009 to all skilled migration applications, including those in the final stages of processing.

The Direction gives priority to employer sponsored applicants and to applicants who have a nominated occupation which is in critical need, and are either sponsored by a State/Territory government or by a family member.

Section 51 of the Migration Act 1958 contains powers by which the Minister can consider and finalise visa applications in an order of priority that the Minister considers appropriate. Officers of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are bound to follow this Ministerial Direction which applies to every stage of visa processing.

All General Skilled Migration (GSM) visas are subject to the processing priorities set out in Direction 42 Order of consideration – certain Skilled Migration visas, except for:

•Skilled – Recognised Graduate Subclass 476;

•Skilled – Designated Area – Sponsored Subclass 883;

•Skilled – Regional Subclass 887.

These applications will continue to be processed in the order in which they were received by the Department.

The Direction gives the following processing priorities (with highest priority listed first):

applications from persons who are employer sponsored under the Employer Nomination Scheme and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme;

applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory government and have nominated an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL);

applications from persons who are sponsored by family and who have nominated an occupation on the CSL;

applications from persons who are neither nominated nor sponsored but who have nominated an occupation on the CSL;

applications from persons who are nominated by a State/Territory government and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL;

(i) applications from persons who have nominated an occupation that is listed on the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL); and (ii) applications from persons who are sponsored by family and have not nominated an occupation on the CSL;

all other applications are to be processed in the order in which they are received.

The CSL is a list of occupations developed in response to the changing critical skills needs of Australia. The CSL can be found on the Department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

This new Processing Priority Direction replaces the previous Processing Priority Direction which commenced on 1 January 2009.

The processing priority arrangements change the order in which applications are processed and the length of time it will take to finalise applications. However, these changes have not affected the requirements to be satisfied for the grant of a visa.

As the economic situation changes, the Government will review its measures to ensure that the program target and objectives are achieved.

How are you affected?

As your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and can not be changed.

The priority processing arrangements apply to all applications, irrespective of the date your application was lodged; whether health and character clearances have been provided or your application is in the final stages of processing or your nominated occupation was previously on the CSL.

Please note that these application processing times are based on the current visa application rate, the Processing Priority Direction (in effect from 23 September 2009), and the availability of places in the Migration Program.

You will be contacted when your visa application is re-allocated to a case officer. Please do not contact the Department to request your application be exempt from the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s Priority Processing Direction as case officers must adhere to the Minister’s Direction.

Processing priorities are subject to change. Any changes to these priorities or processing times will be updated on the Department’s website. See: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Providing outstanding documents

If you were previously requested to undergo further health and character checks but have not yet initiated these, you should not proceed until a further request is made by the Department.

If you have already undergone your health and character checks, these should be forwarded to the Department. However, processing of your application will not be finalised until further notice.

Unless you are advising the Department of a change in your personal circumstances (for example, changes to address, contact details or family composition) no further documentation should be provided by you until your case officer contacts you.

Your visa status

For Offshore GSM applicants (subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 175, 176, 475, 495 (offshore), and 496) who are in Australia, bridging visas are not applicable to your application. To remain lawfully in Australia you will need to ensure you continue to hold a visa (such as a Tourist or Student visa).

Can I provide a new skills assessment?

If you obtain a new skills assessment for an occupation included on the CSL, this can only be considered with a new application. You must ensure you meet the legislative criteria in place at the time of lodgement. Any new application will require a new Visa Application Charge (VAC).

Can I withdraw my application and get a refund of my Visa Application Charge (VAC)?

If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise the department in writing. This advice can include any number of applicants but must be signed by each person aged 18 years and over.

You may seek a refund of the VAC; however legislation provides only limited circumstances in which refunds may be given. A VAC is usually only refunded when an application is deemed unnecessary or was made as a result of a mistake by either the applicant or the Department.

A refund will not be given in circumstances where an applicant considers a ‘mistake’ was made because they:

changed their mind;

do not satisfy a criterion for visa grant; or

do not wish to proceed with their application because it will take longer to process than expected.

Where can I get further information?

The case officer previously assigned to your application will no longer be able to assist with enquiries about your application.

Information on skilled visa processing is updated regularly and can be obtained by sending a blank email to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Adelaide) or gsmb.information@immi.gov.au (for applications being processed in Brisbane). This is an automated email service.

Further advice and information concerning priority processing arrangements and other changes to General Skilled Migration visas is available on the Department’s website at: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Yours sincerely

Case Officer

General Skilled Migration

GSM Adelaide

Phone: +61

Hope this help. (just cut and paste though from the original file):wink:

hi guys

just reading through this letter, one thing that stands out for me, and something that might be worth raising at the meeting or in an email to an official, in something as complicated and diverse as the gsm,how is it possible to digest and formulate collated data, into a reliable working format in 9months 23 days.

dont be suprised if the answer is crystal ball.

Hi Glen,

After reading your comments I could not agree more. After reading the announcement on that awful day I felt a full range of emotions, which were mostly negative. That day we were informed that we had completed all of the requirements for our 176 visa with the exception of my eldest child, who requires a further health assessment.

Anyway I decided there and then that I would contact the Minister directly after a 1 month period to ensure I had calmed down to present a balanced statement. I also envisaged that his office would have been completely overwhelmed by communication regarding his change in policy.

My family and I travelled to Perth for a family holiday in mid October, so i sent an e-mail to his office and explained that I could appreciate that he had some tough decisions to make regarding the current economic climate, however he should also realise that he has a duty of care to in theory 'his customers'.

I expressed my hopes that he should realise that the credit crunch was affecting real people and not just governments and where his office maybe responsible for millions of dollars, his decision has had a severe negative affect on those of us who have spent thousands of dollars (my total so far amounts to roughly $7.5K AUS), with no assurance of a decision in the near future.

I asked the following questions;

1. He would surely have been aware that he was going to introduce this policy some time prior to the 23rd September, why continue to take funds from applicants knowing that his policy would affect a great many people?

2. Why not introduce the policy and then allow those of us already in the system to be processed under the existing policy (pre 23rd Sept 09)?

3. What assurances can you give to all who have applied that you will keep your word about decisions for off-shore 176 visas being processed by 2012? I went on to explain that it would be grossly unfair to keep applicants holding on if this forecast date was to be delayed or changed to a later time.

4. If we are advised to re-complete medicals and penal checks, then will this be an indication that visas would be soon issued. If this is not the case then potentially this could result in 3 years of expense of annual checks to remain a valid application.

I received an answer 3.5 weeks after my e-mail. The response was not from the Minister, but from one of his delegates. None of my questions were answered and the letter was pretty much a repeat of the announcement on the DIAC website. Pretty appalling really. Anyway not to be dis-heartened, I have re-written a letter to the Minister re-iterating some of my points as well as expanding on other points. That was two weeks ago.

I am not expecting a positive answer, but if this 'Wall of Silence' continues then I will not only contact the Prime Minister, but also contact the Leader of the Opposition with details of my case. I think that is the very least I owe myself, my family and other applicants in a similar position to myself and I think after spending $7.5K I deserve answers to my questions.

I will keep you posted of any developments with my case, but all I will say to everyone out there who is dis-heartened is 'keep your chin up' and think I will do something positive. If you write a balanced letter to the Minister, then they have to take some course of action. (I hope!!!).

To all of you out there in the same boat as me, good luck and best wishes in your efforts.

Kind regards

Ronnie R

Guest Jamie Smith

That's the stuff Ronnie. If you can share the text of your letters and contact details used in addresses, others might follow you too.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi RonnieRocket

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The Aussie Minister for Immi is a sad and sorry soul, I regret to inform you. His portfolio (Immigration) places a direct duty of care on him to protect the interests of prospective immigrants to Oz - a duty he discharges with gusto if the prospective immigrants claim to be refugees and claim that their own charabanc of a boat is threatening to sink. Australian vessels are immediately sent at full speed to assist the casualty. However his personal & political agenda convinces the same man that his sole duty of care is to the Australian voter, without whom he would be out of a job.

Cheers

Gill

I've just had an anonymous text message but which I think will source to Jamie, saying that DIAC is currently processing a limited number of priority 5 (state sponsored non-CSL) applications - I assume that they will be the decision-ready applications where the final processing letter has been received, expect there will be more tomorrow.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I've just had an anonymous text message but which I think will source to Jamie, saying that DIAC is currently processing a limited number of priority 5 (state sponsored non-CSL) applications - I assume that they will be the decision-ready applications where the final processing letter has been received, expect there will be more tomorrow.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks for sharing George. "anonymous text message" sounds dodge, same goes with "processing a limited number". Still, I hope that if this is true, that this will pave the way for all decision-ready priority 5's to be processed to grant. Will keep looking here for updates...

It's from an Australian mobile number I don't recognise - good reason for not reporting it at all of course - and the text is "Hot off the press diac and mia meeting today: Diac now processing priority 5 to make up annual quota. The window will only be open for short time and not all P5 will be processed before its closed again. Pressure gets results" .

The reason for regarding it as plausible is that there was a DIAC meeting with MIA this week - wasn't aware of the exact timing - and it's the kind of information which gets shared at those meetings. But no doubt MIA will confirm tomorrow or face the charge of concealing commercially valuable information from its membership.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest Justin JIANG
Not forgetting pinning false hopes on immensely distressed priority 5 applicants in limbo, and causing more disarray in an already frustrating fiasco

Dear Merlino,

We all understand that it's a mess and headache for all the priority 5 applicants including you,I and many others. I do agree most of your postings except this one. George has always been a reliable source for PIO community for a long time and I do respect his professionalism in this area.

What he said is just what he has been told. It's the fact while not the fabricated one. Everyone in this forum needs the information on the progressing for this fiasco either a rumour or a fixed info published by DIAC or other resources. I do respect his bold courage to post this info to us. Anyway, I do not mean to insult you. We all need to calm down a bit i think.

Cheers,

Justin

Just a little bit of hope will be deeply appreciated

We should search for some other evidence to know it's true.

If such process is for real DAIC will have to inform us about the creteria they apply to choose which applications will be processed and which won't. So it's not a matter of a dark policy.

Dear Fellow Ark Members,

As we are all in the same boat I thought I would share the following with you. I spoke with a member of staff from the WA office at Australia House and I was informed that the general feeling amongst the various State offices are that the Minister has realised that his policy is non-workable and that the issue regarding GSM is likely to change in the near future.

In addition to this I was also reassured that those who have State sponsorship from WA will not lose the Sponsorship granted by the State and it will remain in place until a decision by DIAC is made on our applications.

In addition to this I have also posted an e-mail to the leader of the opposition in Australia expressing my/our frustrations of the poor level of communication and low confidence we now have with the Minister of Immigration Mr.Evans. Please see below;

Dear Mr.Turnbull,

I am writing to you express my continued frustrations with the government of your country, but more so towards the Honourable Mr.Chris Evans, the Minister for Immigration. I do not know if you or your representative for Immigration was aware, but the Minister made an announcement on the 23rd September 2009 that with immediate effect there were to be changes to the processing of Immigration applications.

Just to give you an outline of my current situation, I am currently applying for a 176 State Sponsored (WA) General Skilled Migrant visa. I have gone to great expense (est. $7.5KAUS) and effort to meet all of the requirements for entry.

I have e-mailed Mr.Evans on two occasions. I had received a letter from someone from the Department of Immigration on his behalf in which none of the questions I motioned were answered. I have since sent another letter on the 10th November 2009 to which I still have no response. I hasten to add that I can appreciate that his office would probably be completely overwhelmed by communication from other applicants like myself as well as the general mail on a day to day basis.

I posed a number of questions;

1. If my case was not to be possibly considered until 2012, what assurances can he provide that this timescale will not be delayed further?
  2. Why did his department not adopt a 'draw a line in the sand' policy? he must have had some idea that he was going to make this change, and yet continue to take applicants monies fully aware that his changes would affect a great deal of people.
  3. I also requested details about a statement which informed applicants that the details of this policy would be provided by the end of October 2009, but when I contacted DIAC regarding this, they had no idea what I was referring to? I still have these letters.
  4. If I were happy to wait until 2012 before my application was processed, then my current medicals and penal checks would have expired. Does this mean that once DIAC will issue visas upon the successful receipt of re-qualifying medical and penal checks?

I have tried to keep a balanced view with this, but I fail to see how the Minister can justify what he had done. I understand that we are all suffering in the current economic climate, however that this is also having an effect on the 'man in the street'. My family and I recently visited Perth to enjoy a holiday as well as looking into all aspects of living in Australia. We still feel as enthusiastic about wishing to live in Australia and only hope that Mr.Evans will address these issues sooner rather than later. I imagine you may have been contacted by a number of other souls like myself seeking help in voicing our concerns. I will continue to lobby your Government, but should you require any further information regarding my case, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that this may ruffle a few feathers and hopefully it may inspire some of you who may not have already done so, take similar action. Lets us all generate some level of critical mass and get these guys to take some notice!

Good Luck

Ronnie Rocket

I know what you mean. However that is why it is a good thing that there are many of us in the same boat, and if we all add a little to issue then it is not left to the few. Being the seasoned applicant you probably are more aware of the issues more than I.

hi ronnie , i was meaning the quote from g. lombard? you go for it and thanks for the time you and the other guys have put in to writing letters etc . I aint good at that sort o thing . Seasoned ? yep i have seen my share of changes as have many others here and yes they piss me off, but hey my family and myself will hopfully come through it . Best o luck ronnie and thanks again

Guest Gollywobbler
It's from an Australian mobile number I don't recognise - good reason for not reporting it at all of course - and the text is "Hot off the press diac and mia meeting today: Diac now processing priority 5 to make up annual quota. The window will only be open for short time and not all P5 will be processed before its closed again. Pressure gets results" .

The reason for regarding it as plausible is that there was a DIAC meeting with MIA this week - wasn't aware of the exact timing - and it's the kind of information which gets shared at those meetings. But no doubt MIA will confirm tomorrow or face the charge of concealing commercially valuable information from its membership.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George

The text nessage, in so far as you have divulged the contents on here, is reliable. I have had an e-mail telling me exactly what you have said.

Some of the UK based State sponsored Cat 5 applicants and I are meeting with a gentleman called David Wilden at Australia House in London on Monday 30th November. He is the senior DIAC officer for the whole of Europe, I gather.

According to the information I have received, the ASPC have been instructed to resume the final processing of some 3,500 STNI applications which were almost complete by 23rd September 2009 and to finish them off, grant the visas etc.

It is recorded in Jamie's big, "What would you tell the Minister" thread that there are about 50 COs at the ASPC. I don't know how many applications one CO would typically be finalising at any given time, though. 10? 30? I have no idea.

Like you, though, I have been told that this figure of 3,500 does not represent all of the State sponsored applicants in subclasses 176 and 475 whose applications were almost complete, with meds done on the instructions of COs etc, by 23rd September 2009.

Apparently some of the attendees at today's MIA/DIAC meeting suspect that this 3,500 represents applicants whose nominated occupations are in ASCO Groups 1-3 inclusive but it allegedly excludes all those applicants whose nominated occupations are in ASCO Group 4. That is, skilled tradies have allegedly been excluded from the revived group.

I have e-mailed Mr Wilden this evening, asking him to seek urgent information from the boss of the ASPC and to confirm exactly what the situation is. I have put Mr Wilden on formal notice that I will be asking him about this at the meeting on Monday. He will see my e-mail when he gets to work in the morning. If he asks the ASPC's boss tomorrow (UK time) he should have concrete facts and figures raady for me by noon on Monday.

If the speculaton is accurate and skilled tradies heve been excluded from the sudden reprieve, I predict complete uproar and a close look at whether a legal challenge to such a decision would be viable. If the speculation is accurate, it would smack of "partial capping & terminating" without admitting it, I suspect. My instinct is that the Minister would be sailing his legal yacht too close to the wind in such a scenario.

Cheers

Gill

Guest johnsonclan
Hi George

The text nessage, in so far as you have divulged the contents on here, is reliable. I have had an e-mail telling me exactly what you have said.

Some of the UK based State sponsored Cat 5 applicants and I are meeting with a gentleman called David Wilden at Australia House in London on Monday 30th November. He is the senior DIAC officer for the whole of Europe, I gather.

According to the information I have received, the ASPC have been instructed to resume the final processing of some 3,500 STNI applications which were almost complete by 23rd September 2009 and to finish them off, grant the visas etc.

It is recorded in Jamie's big, "What would you tell the Minister" thread that there are about 50 COs at the ASPC. I don't know how many applications one CO would typically be finalising at any given time, though. 10? 30? I have no idea.

Like you, though, I have been told that this figure of 3,500 does not represent all of the State sponsored applicants in subclasses 176 and 475 whose applications were almost complete, with meds done on the instructions of COs etc, by 23rd September 2009.

Apparently some of the attendees at today's MIA/DIAC meeting suspect that this 3,500 represents applicants whose nominated occupations are in ASCO Groups 1-3 inclusive but it allegedly excludes all those applicants whose nominated occupations are in ASCO Group 4. That is, skilled tradies have allegedly been excluded from the revived group.

I have e-mailed Mr Wilden this evening, asking him to seek urgent information from the boss of the ASPC and to confirm exactly what the situation is. I have put Mr Wilden on formal notice that I will be asking him about this at the meeting on Monday. He will see my e-mail when he gets to work in the morning. If he asks the ASPC's boss tomorrow (UK time) he should have concrete facts and figures raady for me by noon on Monday.

If the speculaton is accurate and skilled tradies heve been excluded from the sudden reprieve, I predict complete uproar and a close look at whether a legal challenge to such a decision would be viable. If the speculation is accurate, it would smack of "partial capping & terminating" without admitting it, I suspect. My instinct is that the Minister would be sailing his legal yacht too close to the wind in such a scenario.

Cheers

Gill

Hi, i seriously hope that it not true that tradies have been excluded coz i dont know how many more knock backs we can take ?

We have been bumped off twice already and if what you have said is true the S**t will hit the fan totally. How this can be done baffles us, we are reading over and over again about the skilled shortages in WA (40,000 to be precise) so to put a hold on all tradies is ridiculous.

Surely people like us who are just waiting for visas to be granted having had medicals and pcc must be waved through at least ???

Please someone give me some good news we could sure do with it !!!!

Tracy and Steve xx

Archived