So Much For the Lucky Country

Guest guest30038

Guest rache&matt

Hi there,

I do not post alot on this forum but do look at alot of posts to get help and opinions.

I have lived in aussie before and do know how isolating you can feel when you are not at your best in life.

I dont know you guys but I am very sorry to hear of Kevs and Eddies situations.

I just wanted to post this....all you guys are just just marvellous to listen to. It has made me realise that this site really does get people together and makes a really great support network for all of you away from friends and family.

So my point is, good on you all for being great human beings and supporting your buddies when they need you.

Rache

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All

1st off, Eddie I'm really sorry about hearing your news as well as Kev's, I know we haven't seen eye to eye on lots of things (hopefully all water under the bridge) but I hope things work out for you as well. If you fancy a chat I'm only a PM away.

Next Aldo, Aldo is right, there are 2 sides to every coin (comments not needed though) But I don't think Kev has belittled his wife at all nor has Eddie and I don't think anyone can take sides we all need to remember something like this is all still very raw.

Last of all

Kev I really do understand where you are at, Tracy's job sometimes takes over her life, then there is the Uni degree she is doing on top of it all, really stressful when asignments are due etc she may come home but she locks herself in a room then re apears at 3 to 4 am off to bed back at work etc. As you maybe aware I also look after the kids while Tracy works, But I still try and do the odd shift here and there to keep me sane LOL

I love looking after the kids the rewards far outway anything a job could offer and I'm positive you feel the same.

The thing that keeps Tracy and I together among other things is comunication and understanding. I learnt the hard way that what you see as advice and helping out to a woman is being controling and dominant where all they want is an understanding ear all we want to do is fix there problems not than for any other reason than that we love them. So soon they stop talking and we stop listening bang no cominication........

Kev/Eddie for advise on what to do.......... Do nothing, you can't win, be a prat and your a prat, be nice, and your a prat, do nothing, you guessed it your a prat........ Do what's right for you, not the kids not your wife or anyone else but you, I know it seems harsh and some may say put the kids first but if you're not well in yourself the kids will be hurt worse.

If you have some money take a few days off away from it all get your head together figure out whats right for you then work from there

best of luck to you all.

Geoffrey

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Kev

I have really enjoyed reading your posts but this one really shocked me. I am so sorry with regards your situation and really hope that you can sort it out. PM if you need to.

Caz

Thanks Ali. I didn't realis that I had so many friends........I do now

kev

Kev :hug:you make us smile when we need it so now its time for us PIO members to repay the favor. I hope this thread gives you a boost of confidence and shows you what a great highly respected member of PIO you are.

Eddie :hug: you know where i am mate

Both of you take care of yourselves and remember this big extended family of crazy characters is always here for you night and day.

Cal x

Guest jewels1356

well kev i dont know either you or you eddie but i do like a lot on hear know how your feeling i do wish well and hope the pain dulls quickly chin up hun dont let them beat you hugs to you both

julie

xx

xx

Guest Working to fish

I will never learn (drinking ,then posting lol).

Thank you to every one,and sorry Kev for jumping on your thread ,it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time .Haft of me would love to delete my post tbo.I would like to say to every one that moving here is not always easy ,you will have your ups and your downs.Me ,who knows i am mad at the best of time,s .I love oz ,and think of it as home .My daughter of 14 years was not happy to come to oz ,and has just come back from uk trip ,so i am sure her head is all over the place.I know it must be forking hard for a 14 year old (12 at the time) to say good by to all she has known,and tbo i don't know if i take this into consideration,enough, .Lucky for me my partner does not want to return to uk ,so some time apart with some family counseling seems the best way forward for us. Its all to easy to rant and rave at people you love and i am guilty of that ,its not easy after a 13 hour day to have a stroppy house hold at home to go home to. I am at the point where i need to rebuild with my kids and parnter and am not blameing them for the way thing are right now .

Many thanks.

Guest siamsusie
I will never learn (drinking ,then posting lol).

Thank you to every one,and sorry Kev for jumping on your thread ,it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time .Haft of me would love to delete my post tbo.I would like to say to every one that moving here is not always easy ,you will have your ups and your downs.Me ,who knows i am mad at the best of time,s .I love oz ,and think of it as home .My daughter of 14 years was not happy to come to oz ,and has just come back from uk trip ,so i am sure her head is all over the place.I know it must be forking hard for a 14 year old (12 at the time) to say good by to all she has known,and tbo i don't know if i take this into consideration,enough, .Lucky for me my partner does not want to return to uk ,so some time apart with some family counseling seems the best way forward for us. Its all to easy to rant and rave at people you love and i am guilty of that ,its not easy after a 13 hour day to have a stroppy house hold at home to go home to. I am at the point where i need to rebuild with my kids and parnter and am not blameing them for the way thing are right now .

Many thanks.

:wink: as my kids say dont drink and type (it used to be dial!). Eddie best wishes mate, identifying the problems is the key to any relationship. Invite me to your silver wedding anniversary please, never been down your way:wink: ss x

Guest guest30038

Thank you to every one,and sorry Kev for jumping on your thread <snip>

No worries Eddie. I felt guilty at first (still do to some extent) laying my problems on other folks' doorsteps, but if it's helped you confront your worries and fears (and share them) then that's fine.................It's made me realise, at a time when I thought my world was turning to sh*t, that sharing a problem with good friends, can sometimes help you to get a better handle on what you have gained, and how lucky you are, in some respects, despite your major worries............focus on what may be gained, as opposed to what you may be losing.

I never realised it before, but I now know that I have others with whom we can share our problems, and hopefully, I will be able to repay some of that wonderful warmth and friendship, which has been given to me by those at PIO.

Hang on in there mate.

kev

Guest madplumber1
Two sides to every coin ppl... I doubt if we will hear the case for the defense here..

Just a thought..

You've just proved what a complete cretin you realy are.....wish you lived in Brisbane, you'd be shark bait by now!!!!

madplumber xxxxxxx

Guest guest30038
You've just proved what a complete cretin you realy are.....wish you lived in Brisbane, you'd be shark bait by now!!!!

madplumber xxxxxxx

I think it's hungry :biglaugh:

Troll1.JPG

Guest Coolcat

Eddie,

Sorry to hear your news, it sounds like you have a lot of good friends on here just like Kev who will be there for you no matter what.

"We cant change the wind, just the direction the boat is sailing in"...x Take care

Guest guest30038
Oi Kev - that picture looks like it is more my neck of the woods???? - west coast somewhere me thinks???

You've got troll crosiings down your way? Nah tis Norway.

kev

madplumber xxxxxxx

is that a threat?

oh i get it now.. you want me to be your "chum"

Guest guest33730
You've got troll crosiings down your way? Nah tis Norway.

kev

Tell you what you'll see quite a few trolls crossing Sauchiehall St on a Friday night!!!

Tell you what you'll see quite a few trolls crossing Sauchiehall St on a Friday night!!!

Well I was warned! My wife is 12 yrs younger than me so I should've seen it coming!

Oz has been the lucky country for her.........she's nursing like she never could've nursed in the UK. Me? I'm at home with the daily grind of running the kids to school and picking 'em up. Perhaps I should've dusted and hoovered more but that's irrelevant, I'm now redundant...............she wants us to seperate.....graudually.....over a period of time of course, so that she can get her life (and shifts) in order. <sarcasm>

Feck you mate, never trust a woman with an agenda, no matter how "vocational" it may be. I've supported her through her nursing training, her Uni Grad Dip, and now I "can't be lived with" because I have "anger issues". feckin' right I do! I'm sick to death of being alone (and I'm sure the kids feel the same).

Why this "declaration to the world"?...............Because a lot of migrants are nurses and quite simply because I have seen it all before in other couples who had a partner nursing. Admitted, my age may be a contributory factor, but despite that, folk in nursing, who suffer the shifts, trauma, pressurised to upskill etc, need to be aware of the imapct that it may cause..................Of course, if you love each other to death, and you can't be impacted by everday drudgeries. then my post is irrelevant.

She's gone off to work nights overtime, 'cause they're short staffed", and I'm left to reflect on our life.............I'm alone again and why my anger? Cause the job comes first? Perhaps I'm not commited enoguh to be married to a nurse or perhaps a younger nurse wouldn't be so fecked when she came home?..........chicken or the egg........what more can I say?..................don't lose sight of those who are near and dear to you simply to survive or advance.

Yeah...............Oz is great...............pretty sad that I have to talk here instead of to a RL friend or partner.........but trust me.........that's my baggage not the fault of Oz good folk................or the nursing profession.................I may be gone a while................not waving but drowning..............those who I have met here know who I respect and love........and those who are in the nursing profession, hopefully, will see where I'm coming from when I say, "charity begins at home"

kev

Sending you loads of :hug:.

Very sorry to hear about it all, you seemed such a lovely, happy family when I looked at your photos. Are you sure it's for good? But I am sure you have tried to work through it.

Nursing is a thankless job at every sense. I"ll never forget how upset and angry my husband was when I had to work senseless shifts through Xmas and other important days, and I was upset because he didn't "feel sorry for me" having to work Xmas. It is not a nice situation to be in for anybody.

Be strong, all my thoughts with you as I know a break up is a very lonely place to be.

Guest guest30038

You see more than trolls :wink:

kev

Kev :hug:

Eddie :hug:

Both of you seem like lovely, good-natured and good-humoured blokes and I enjoy your posts a lot. I'm so sorry to hear that love has taken a wrong-turn and I really hope that this turns out to be no more than a rough bump on the road. Things will get better and I really hope they get better in the way that you want the most. {{{{{{{sends more hugs and good vibes}}}}}}

A nice get-away to Tassie for some fresh air and fresh beer might help a bit. There's something about this place that is good for the soul.

All the best :)

Guest SGKG102

Hi Kev

I am so sorry to hear your woes and send you big :hug:s. I am 12 years older than my hubbie and came over here as his spouse. He is the Australian and he found it loads harder than I did. I managed to secure a job after being here for 2 weeks and got my TFN within 10 days. Steve on the other hand had difficulty in finding work and did not get any for 4 months despite his efforts. His TFN took 4 eva (12 weeks) because he had not worked in this country as he had been in the UK since he was a child. I know how he felt, extremely low and depressed as he had always been the bread winner. I was devastated that there was nothing I could do to resolve this or make him feel better. I also felt quite guilty when I was telling him about my day at work and even more so when invited to the pub by my colleagues after work one Friday. It did help him being able to talk to me about his feelings and I am sure we would not have survived much longer without our openness and honesty about our feelings. I only hope that you can be strong and wish you the very best of luck in sorting this unfortunate situation out.

Kind Regards and keep your chin up.

Karen

Guest stockies

Only just seen this thread.......sorry Kev and Eddie !!!! I would have replied earlier, but not been on much, It takes guts to come on here and tell us about your problems......My heart goes out to both of you.... I really hope that something good can come out of it all, as others have said you both have helped other people and made us all laugh at times and now we are here for you guys......

Love and :hug: to both of you, and remember , Time is a great healer...

Claire. xx

Archived