Is it acceptable to scan a birth certificate in 2 parts??

libbysmum

Hi all,

I was wondering, my birth certificate is bigger than A4 so wont fit in my scanner completely!!:confused: Is it acceptble to scan it in 2 parts? then maybe I could combine both parts into 1 PDF file thats 2 pages long.

If anyone knows if this is an acceptable way of doing it please let me know.

Thanks

Sarah

Guest sunnyday
Hi all,

I was wondering, my birth certificate is bigger than A4 so wont fit in my scanner completely!!:confused: Is it acceptble to scan it in 2 parts? then maybe I could combine both parts into 1 PDF file thats 2 pages long.

If anyone knows if this is an acceptable way of doing it please let me know.

Thanks

Sarah

Hi, all I can tell you is that when we took massive marriage cert to be certified true copy of original solicitior said 2 parts not good enough and re photocopied it as 1. That was however a certified copy and we were sending it hard copy not PDF. Thats all I can say hun sorry its not much help :eek:

Another thought, I have just photographed the birth certificates so the reulting file is a jpeg, I have also converted it to a PDF and the result is very clear and can be zoomed in on easily. Has anyone ever submitted photographs of documents or is this a big no-no? Maybe a combined PDF of a photo of the birth certificate in its entirity and then scanned images of the split document?

Any Thoughts?

Sarah

Hi,

i did exactly as you suggested, I photocopied it in 2 parts and put '1 of 2' on one copy and '2 of 2' on the second half. I then had the solicitor certify both parts. The case officer hasn't asked for anything else from me, and my visa is nearly completed!

Hope that helps.

Julie

we have just done all of ours and each certificate is on one page only, and we have had our Dr certify them as true copies of the original, and I believe you then have to send the hard copies via the mail. I do not think they will accept pdf/email copies as they have to see the originals.

Our poor Dr has just signed the second batch as the first were sent to Vetassess who kept them! Hopefully that is all the certifying done for us!!

Guest floater

All my documents were colour scans of originals. None were certified and they are all appropved. If you want your scans joined together I can do it for you, feel free to PM me.

All my documents were colour scans of originals. None were certified and they are all appropved. If you want your scans joined together I can do it for you, feel free to PM me.

Thanks floater, may take you up on that, gonna order OH's full birth certificate first, realised it is only the short version and I guess for visa purposes only the full length one will do.

Ill probably have 3 extra long birth certificates to sort out then!

Cheers Sarah

You could always take it to your local library, post office or copying shop to do it for you. It shouldn't cost very much to do.

I was under the impression there was no need to get documents certified if they are colour scanned, uploaded and sent via the e-visa system? Or would certifying be necessary because I am splitting the document?

Sarah

We supplied colour copies of our documents and still needed to get these certified. We applied for the 309 spouse visa, which is a paper application so the rules may well be different.

Archived