Questions re. Form 80 employment history and 47sp assets

Happy Lass

I am applying for the 309 spouse visa and have been asked to supply a completed form 80 with our application. Thankfully I have all the details I need to complete this form (and what a form!), however, I am unsure just quite what to write in answer to Question 23 and would appreciate any advice I can get. :smile:

Question 23 asks "Give details of your employment history for the entire period since leaving school until now, including periods of unemployment"

Two of the firms I have worked for have since moved and two are no longer trading. For the two who have moved, should I put the address where I worked at the time or the new address (if I can find the right one)?

I have written in the address of the two firms I worked for that who are no longer trading and was wondering whether I should scribble a quick note by the side to say that they are no longer trading?

I've also put the full postal address for each firm I have worked for but am beginning to wonder whether this is needed and whether just a simple "A. Company Name; City Name; Country" is all that's needed?

One of the firm's I worked for turned out to be a rogue employer in that they hired me on a permanent contract, paid me for one month but didn't pay me for the second month so I left. I later learned that they decided to change to using temps instead of permanent staff so in effect, they pulled a fast one. I thought about pursuing it but the job was nothing more than a stop-gap for me and I had a really good [real] job to go to anyway so there was no love lost there. I don't mention it on my CV but should I mention it on the form 80?

Question 32 on Form 47sp asks "If you are applying from outside Australia: What is the value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia?"

I have cash in the bank but otherwise I will just be bringing what will fit into my suitcase and shipping my stuff later. Apart from bookcases (my DH only has one!) I won't be bringing over any of my furniture and will just be bringing [oodles of] books :GEEK:, my clothes, DVDs, CDs, some computer software, my laptop (possibly) and some kitchenware. I don't expect to ship these until after Christmas and probably not until March or April.

Should I just note down the amount of cash I have in the bank or should I try and guess how much all my stuff is worth? I don't know how much anything I intend to ship later might be worth so would have to make a wild guess. Does anyone know whether it would be acceptable to scribble in a note to say X pounds plus books, clothes, dvds etc. ?

Hi Happy Lass

How are you? Life is going well for me now I am a married lady Yikes!! lol. No really, we're both lovin' married life!

When I did my prospective marriage visa I included the form 80, not because they requested it but because I had heard other similar members had been asked by immigration for it. For question 23, I just put down the address of the company when I worked there even if they had moved. I couldn't be exact on dates but I didn't get queried on anything. I'm not sure if they will look that deep into your employment history - it may just be if something really stands out to them that they may look into it further.

For q32 on the 47SP, I just gave a rough estimate as the amount in my bank would fluctuate depending on what expenses I had. As I had filled in the form a while ago and since then we had a wedding celebration party for just before we left for Oz, our money dropped a fair bit due to paying for the venue, food, drinks. It may just be that they ask this question incase the applicant does not have a penny to their name or on the other side, has a HUUUGE amount of money, then they may query that.

When do you plan to hand in your application? I will be handing in my onshore spouse visa application soon.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on

Smiler :)

Hi Smiler :hug:

We've just got married too so I know exactly what you mean re. realising I'm a married woman now :wubclub: We are both loving married life and have been having great fun reading these pages from these old fashioned books on the Dos and Don'ts of married life to each other. :)

We will be lodging our application for the 309 at the embassy in Auckland this week on Thursday. It will be my first visit to New Zealand and we will be flying over on the new A380 with Emirates so I'm really looking forward to the flight. My DH is a bit worried about travelling on such a new plane whereas I'm really excited :) I'm no plane nerd but I do love to fly and am really looking forward to finding out what it will be like to travel on the A380.

Thank you *very* much for your replies; these were the last questions I needed to complete.

Guest Yvonne MacFarlane

Useful info. My application was lodged onshore (front loaded) 10 weeks ago. I havent heard a thing yet - but still have everything crossed!

Guest guest33730

Hi,

My agent (who used to work on the otherside of the fence) told me not to worry about this form too much and especially the questions you mentioned plus the one about when and where you have left the UK for the past 10 years.

Apparently the form is really to make sure you haven't lived overseas for more than a year in the past 10 years (you will have answered all these things previously in your application anyway) and the questions about money is for statistical purposes only and doesn't affect your application.

Hope that helps

Daniel

Archived