176 SS non-csl - where are you now?

Taz2008

Guest antipope

NAME: Antipope

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 03/05/09

DATE SS RECD: 14/08/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: No C/O. So not been asked for them yet.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Further Processing 11/09/09

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bindog1uk

Hi Tasha, think I posted this in wrong box so I will try again.

Name Paul and Lesley [bindog]

Occupation Fiberous Plasterer

Date of 176 visa application 13th August

Date of S.S. 6th July

Meds and PC's not yet

Add info No

Hi Emma

Yes we were gutted to say the least... We still have our bottle of bubbly in the fridge as we did not feel like celebrating!!! I spoke to QLD the night before the changes, so went to bed really high and then poor Kelly broke the news to me in the morning! Gutted was an understatement!

Oh well, everything happens for a reason so they say... just waiting to see what the reason is cause its not very clear at the moment! :wacko:

Tasha x

It's a real nightmare!!:arghh:

Ups and downs in such short period!

Guest KatyNick
What's wrong with the GMTV?

They are running a feature all this week about emigrating to Oz. Talking to people who have recently gone over, how they have found it, what they like about it etc. They also have on their website (although I haven't been to look) details on how to apply to emigrate! I'm so gutted about what has happened to us all recently, I just didn't want to be reminded of our dream which is currently on hold :frown:

They are running a feature all this week about emigrating to Oz. Talking to people who have recently gone over, how they have found it, what they like about it etc. They also have on their website (although I haven't been to look) details on how to apply to emigrate! I'm so gutted about what has happened to us all recently, I just didn't want to be reminded of our dream which is currently on hold :frown:

:biggrin:It's funny. Maybe we should make our own movie about real situation with Oz migration program and translate it on Halloween. Just the right time.

It's a real nightmare!!:arghh:

Ups and downs in such short period!

God you can say that again!!!

Well, I am signing off for now my 176 SS non-csl peeps as I am going to make myself feel really sick and watch Fantasy Homes Down Under on Sky 246 as they are in Queensland tonight! :wubclub:

They are running a feature all this week about emigrating to Oz. Talking to people who have recently gone over, how they have found it, what they like about it etc. They also have on their website (although I haven't been to look) details on how to apply to emigrate! I'm so gutted about what has happened to us all recently, I just didn't want to be reminded of our dream which is currently on hold

Haven't you entered the competition?...we have 5 times......we're feeling lucky:cool:

We've never been to Oz! wouldn't it be funny if we won the comp. then went on the hol and realised we didn't even like Australia!!! aarrgghhh:laugh: debsx

Haven't you entered the competition?...we have 5 times......we're feeling lucky

We've never been to Oz! wouldn't it be funny if we won the comp. then went on the hol and realised we didn't even like Australia!!! aarrgghhh:laugh: debsx

I wanted to enter the competition but we are able to as we live in France, and the T & C's say you have to have a UK contact details! Thats us out of the running for it! Just our bloody luck!!!:cute:

Guest EdnaAverage

NAME: EdnaAverage

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 11th March 2009

DATE SS RECD: 24th April 2009

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: May 2009

ADDITIONAL INFO: We're on our second case officer who asked for a last piece of info which was uploaded on the afternoon of 23/09 when I was still blissfully unaware of the changes. The first apparently did nothing for 4 months and no longer works for DIAC, draw any conclusions you want from that, I certainly have!

Really really really down about the latest changes and can't help feel that they're driven by people fiddling the system. We're lucky to be in Oz already on a 457 and working in our sponsoring state but it feels precarious at the moment and it's so hard not be be bitter when you see people posting threads about how quickly they can move state once the visa is granted and of course those who are paranoid about employment being verified. I wonder why?

There are literally thousands of students in the CBD at any one point in time and I find it very hard not to look at them and think, 'you've taken my spot'. This is totally unreasonable, I know but I'm still in shock and just can't be objective since the rug was pulled from under us on 23/09.

We've approached one of our employers for ENS but haven't had an answer yet and I'm growing increasingly stressed by the fact that our life is in the hands of others and could be changed one way or the other on a whim.

The current CSL just makes me shake my head as for the IT occupations at least, it bears little relation to the current IT market in Melbourne and is very much a lagging indicator. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been tapped up for a job by taxi drivers when they see the company name on my corporate credit card and I know colleagues who've had this happen also in other IT companies.

Keep the anecdotes coming, I'm desperately latching onto any good news now and hope to god that Evans will see sense and that we'll just be waved though if we've done PCC and meds already.

Edna x

Guest WoodyXRomford

Hello Thread!

NAME: WoodyXRomford

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION: 12/09/08

DATE SS RECD: 29/07/09

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED: Meds 14/10/08 and PC 27/11/08

ADDITIONAL INFO: Got a CO 09/09/09. Everything changed to "Met", but they asked for an Oz PC aswell. Sent that by 25/09/09....Missed out on visa by 2 days......

The OZ PC was requested by CO due to 'being in Oz for more than 12 months in total over the last 10 years'. I had originally asked our agent last year if I should do one. They said no as it was only if its a consecutive 12 months, my visits weren't, so I didnt do one. We wouldn't of heard from our CO were it not for this and the visa would be sitting in our passport. Our meds are now a year old and counting. One shouldn't dwindle on the past and say "If only", but ........ **!!%!***$$***=+!****!!!

Tasha this is a fantastic thread, you're doing a grand job, especially seeing as timeline threads are a bit of a taboo subject elsewhere!..........;)

Woody. (Come on DIAC, tie up the loose ends!)

Evening All

So nice to see evryone chatting on here now as thats the bet bit about these threads :biggrin:

I have been a bit down today about the whole thing but the glass of wine (USA wine not Ozzie) has helped and reading your replys to this thread thanks for cheering me up will raise another glass to that :biglaugh:

Emma and Gang

Nice to hear from you Emma, we have to keep going and its great that your feeling a bit better although wine induced!

Guest KatyNick
Haven't you entered the competition?...we have 5 times......we're feeling lucky

Now that would be funny!!!!! lol

I've just entered it ..... at least, if we won, it would give me another taste of Oz whilst we wait, and wait, and wait for this blasted visa!!! xx:arghh:

I got an email from my CO today. From what I understand the decision whether to process people who have done meds and police checks will be out in the next couple of days.

Anyone who was requested to do meds and police checks and decided not to do them could be making a big mistake. I think the only chance for any of us is that we would have shelled out more cash on the CO's request so that they feel oblidged to process our visa.

Now how you organise a med in a couple of days is pretty much impossible but maybe worth a crack. You can do a police check though.

This is only my guess on the situatuin remember. My meds cost me a grand so I understand it could be a big gamble but it could also pay off dividends.

My feeling is that DIAC can sense some legal action coming their way.

I hate to say it but I could be completely wrong on this one and we are all doomed until 2012. If you can organise the meds and afford them then get em done :wink:

Guest Justin JIANG
I got an email from my CO today. From what I understand the decision whether to process people who have done meds and police checks will be out in the next couple of days.

Anyone who was requested to do meds and police checks and decided not to do them could be making a big mistake. I think the only chance for any of us is that we would have shelled out more cash on the CO's request so that they feel oblidged to process our visa.

Now how you organise a med in a couple of days is pretty much impossible but maybe worth a crack. You can do a police check though.

This is only my guess on the situatuin remember. My meds cost me a grand so I understand it could be a big gamble but it could also pay off dividends.

I hate to say it but I could be completely wrong on this one and we are all doomed until 2012. If you can organise the meds and afford them then get em done :wink:

Dear szhgvd,

It seems encouraging for all of us. And it would be appreciated if you could copy and paste the relevant part of the response from your case officer to confirm your statement. TKS!

If this is true it is wonderful news.Please can you copy and paste the e-mail from your CO?

Guest TheHollies

Hope to god this is true and its good news for us all. :unsure:

Guest Justin JIANG

However, i guess it may be only the misinterpretation by 's' as DIAC would not make this kind of unsustantiated statement. They are not silly though

Guest GillianM

I had an email from CO and basically it said, they were under the stricted orders not to process all visas under the new changes, and we wont find out anything till end of Oct.

Gillian

This would be good news can you please cut and paste the detail off your e mail fron co of course you must not show co name or contact details this would be wrong

thanks

WJK

Well i don't want to get my hopes up too high but it does sound good. I don't get though why everyone gets emails from their CO and I've had nothing directly from mine since 23rd September?

I noticed yesterday there were quite a few on here who had docs change to 'met' so they haven't dropped us totally.......I REALLY hope that the end of October brings good news for many of us.

-----------------------------------------------

So the latest post is actually on page 6 for now! I am not sure if there is a way of changing the format of the thread or posts, like Kelly said earlier!

Wandering back 5 pages or so to last night (blimey this thread is now busy :) )........I think I DO see this thread differently to everyoner else!!!!

For me my post now is on page 1 and the page you are updating is 'last' so always moving page number.

This means last night when I posted my post was on page 1 but now it's bumped back to page 5 I think.

This is hard to explain does anyone 'get' me and can tell me how to make the first post on the thread page 1 and this post the 'last'.

wandering back 5 pages or so to last night (blimey this thread is now busy :) )........I think I DO see this thread differently to everyoner else!!!!

For me my post now is on page 1 and the page you are updating is 'last' so always moving page number.

This means last night when I posted my post was on page 1 but now it's bumped back to page 5 I think.

This is hard to explain does anyone 'get' me and can tell me how to make the first post on the thread page 1 and this post the 'last'.

Hi Sarah and good morning!

Yes I think I get what you mean, but I have not got a clue how to solve your problem. Infact there have been some strange happenings on this site recently, not getting the update emails and other things. If I was you I would send a message to Tim... He will help you as he is the admin man and is very helpful... Here is his link for you! http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/tim.html

Good luck with it x

Well i don't want to get my hopes up too high but it does sound good. I don't get though why everyone gets emails from their CO and I've had nothing directly from mine since 23rd September?

I noticed yesterday there were quite a few on here who had docs change to 'met' so they haven't dropped us totally.......I REALLY hope that the end of October brings good news for many of us.

-----------------------------------------------

Wandering back 5 pages or so to last night (blimey this thread is now busy :) )........I think I DO see this thread differently to everyoner else!!!!

Basil

the response from the co comes if you or your agent if you are using one asks for update

hope this helps

every reply I have seen including my own briefly advises on your case example nothing else at this time is required and then finishes with a standard response regarding processing to new priority ie CSL and it is hoped a further announcement will be made by the end October

hope this helps

WJK

Thanks WJK, I didn't realise you could ask them for updates....I've only ever contacted mine to check receipt of a document.

If everyone with a CO is getting a reply saying more news in october then that's good, well it might be....it can't be much worse can it?!

Archived