Help Please Urgent, Non Migrating Dependant's Mother Refuses Medical

Tommy Tucker

Help Please Urgent, Non Migrating Dependant's Mother Refuses Medical

Happy as a pig in "S**T" last week as I got my Case Officer and as i had had front loaded all of the information (family medicals, police Cert etc) requested on the DIAC website, my expectation / hope was for a quick decision.

However last week my happiness was somewhat shattered when my case officer requested that my daughter from a previous relationship undergo a medical as she is a "Non Migrating Dependant" , which I knew was going to be problematic as my daughters mother wants to put "pins in my eyes" to put it mildly.

For once in recent months I was correct and my ex, point blank refuses to allow my daughter undergo the medical. No reason just bitterness.

I have read threads about issuing Declarations to DIAC, stating that my ex will not allow my daughter to have the medical and I guess I am wondering if:

1. Do Declaration's actually work?

2. If so, will such a declaration delay the final processing time?

3. Is there an alternative to a declaration etc.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Guest JoanneHattersley

A declaration is the way to go I believe. They DO work!! As for whether there will be a delay.....I cant answer that one!

Guest ChewyMonster

Hi TT

This happened to us too. My ex husband refused to allow my son to have a medical. I did a declaration stating what measures I had taken to get him to agree and submitted copies of all letters/emails I sent and the e-mail he had sent me refusing. DIAC requested a further stat dec stating that to my knowledge my son had no reason to fail a medical and he has no intention of migrating in the future. If there was a delay it wasn't significant, and we got our visa.

Don't worry, DIAC are, in my opinion, very reasonable and must have come accross this loads of times before.

CM

Guest mrsmynoraxis

Just a thought... if you have parental responibility order or are named on birth certificate as this gives u automatic parental resp i think ,,,, you can take your daughter to docs anyway yourself, I know my ex is allowed this right with his parental responsibility.

Guest ChewyMonster
Just a thought... if you have parental responibility order or are named on birth certificate as this gives u automatic parental resp i think ,,,, you can take your daughter to docs anyway yourself, I know my ex is allowed this right with his parental responsibility.

We thought about taking my son anyway but he was reluctant to do it behind his dads back as he was bound to find out. It wouldn't be fair to put any child in that situation, especially when the other parent has refused. Also, in my case, his dad holds his passport which is the only form of ID that the panel doctors accept.

In the end it actually done me a favour, I paid £10 to swear 2 stat decs instead of hundreds for a medical for someone who isn't coming anyway.

Would you believe it, sent through the Statutory Declaration and my Visa was approved almost immediately

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope this works in all cases - we have our meds booked for tomorrow at the request of our case officer and OH's ex has suddenly decided that their son is not allowed to come even though the appointment is booked and school are aware he is going. I have drafted a stat dec that we will get certified by a solicitor tomorrow and sent through straight away. It always feels like one step forward and two steps back. Fingers crossed its all we need to do.........

Archived